Forum Testing Signup - Ping i20 Irons

1. What is your handicap? 8-10

2. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade Tour Preferred CB(4-6), MC(7-PW) DG S300

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I was fit for the irons I currently have last summer and was measured at 2 degrees upright. I am now closer to standard with a few swing changes. Next set of irons I purchase will be fully fit for my game as the TMs were just fit for lie angle.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Looks initially attracts me to a set. I want to see an iron that looks sleek and has a thin-ish topline. However, I don't want something too aggressive. If I like the looks at address and it fits my eye, I proceed to test the product out to measure its feel, forgiveness, and how well they fit my skill level. Before taking any steps toward purchasing though I will read multiple reviews and get feedback from THP.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes I am. We have had a good winter in Ohio. Courses are in great shape for this time a year. No problem getting on the course. A few ranges in the area have also opened sections of their grass areas early.

Thanks to THP and Ping for this opportunity. Good luck to all who sign up.

1. What is your handicap? 10
2. What irons do you currently play? Bridgestone J40 DPCs
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I have never been custom fit for a set of irons.
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? When purchasing a set, I look for an iron that fits well with my game. I look at ball flight, ability to hit from different lies, forgiveness, spin on full shots, and accuracy.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks?Absolutely, Florida = 12 month Golf Season! :clapp:

Glad to see Ping return to THP for another round of Forum Testing! Thanks to PING & THP for giving us Forum Members yet another opportunity like this!

1. What is your handicap? 9
2. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R9TP
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes, 2 Years ago. Though the fitting process wasn't as good as I hoped for.
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Look at address, feel, forgiveness, fitting to my swing.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes

1. What is your handicap? Don't have an official handicap but it's high. I would say at least 20.

2. What irons do you currently play? No-name brand with wide sole.....think PING G-series.

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? NO.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Forgiveness and accuracy.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes.

Big thanks to THP and Ping for giving us forum members this outstanding opportunity!

1. What is your handicap? 25

2. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade Burner 2.0, Steel, Reg Flex, Stock Shafts

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? ~1 month. Fitting at GolfGalaxy. Measured for length, lie and loft and shaft. The shaft fitting was a little weak since it was more about determining regular vs stiff than actual shafts. A full fitting including determing the best shaft, not just flex, really intrigues me.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Forgiveness, feel, consistency and look. Until recently, driving was the weakest part of my game. My iron play is now the weakest. I look for irons that are consistently forgiving on my mishits and consistent when I hit them right.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes. I'm a member of ClubCorp and play a rotation of clubs around Houston, as well as hack around the local munis and semi-private courses here. My parents also live on Southwyck golf course in Pearland which I invade regularly. That and the weather around Houston is perking up. Will be out there today and tomorrow, and hopefully this weekend!

1. 12 handi.
2. Ping G10
3. No
4. Feel and playabiltity
5. Yes! Yes! Yes!

Great opportunity for three lucky testers. Thank you THP and PING!

1. What is your handicap? ~18

2. What irons do you currently play? Wilson Jerry Pate Blades.

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? No. My current set of irons were hand-me-downs from my father in law. My game is improving, but I guarantee that further improvements will take place with a proper fitting in my near future.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? I look for irons that I can hit fairly consistently, with great feel to them. Forgiveness on miss-hits is a huge plus. Ultimately, I want something that will feel right, when I'm staring down at the ball, at address.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes. Temperatures are in the 50's, and the remaining snow we have should be melted by the end of today. I just finished my graduate project last night, which is going to completely open up my calendar for free time, over the next several months.

Van S. Nguyen, Oakland, CA

1) Handicap: 2.9 index
2) Current Irons: MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025M Blades, S300 Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, standard lie, loft, and length. Lamkin crossline grips. Round.
3) Have I ever been custom fitted? Not for shaft weight or flex, but yes for lie, loft and length
4) What am I looking for? What I look for in irons is how the club looks behind the ball (minimal offset if possible), feel and stability through impact zone, trajectory and ball flight, workability. Head weight is really important to me. I really want to feel the weight of the club head throughout the entire swing.
5) Will I be able to play on grass? YES! I work right next to a beautiful all grass driving range.

Wow what a fantastic opportunity for us all, thanks to PING and THP!

1. What is your handicap? Around a 12 but I havent been on a course in a few weeks due to school, so it's been too long!

2. What irons do you currently play? Callaway X Forged 09, great great clubs!

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I have not been fitted for irons or any club before for that matter, so this would be a first, it would be interesting to see if I would need changes made for how my swing is.
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? I always would want to try out different brands just to get a general feel, so that is taken into account beforehand anyway. I prefer a thin topline at address and a club that is simple and classic looking, and has a touch of forgiveness but is workable for all the different shots. The big kicker is cost of the iron set too, a good value set is something I always look for, especially if two iron sets are similar in feel, but if one is a good amount less than the other, I would take that set anytime.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? I am, I hit the range 1-2 times a week, and I am hoping to get on the course at least once a week coming up, especially with Spring Break coming up for me in a little over a week so that will open my time up bigtime to play and practice.

1. What is your handicap? (3,4 and 5 Iron) but seriously I don't currently have a registered handicap but shoot 82 - 85

2. What irons do you currently play? I currently play a 25 year old set of Ping Eye 2 Blue Dot, my dad bought for me my first year of High School Golf, I have bought a few sets since but I always go back to these and use them today.

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes about 6 months ago PGA Tour Store in Scottsdale,AZ.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? I look at Price, (need to be honest with the state of my game can I justify spending $1000 on a new set) Brand (playing Ping all my life I compare all irons to the feel of the Eye 2's tend to stay with Ping)

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes, I live in Scottsdale, AZ and this as you know is the peak season and i have plenty of Vacation time to spend on this type of research.

1. What is your handicap? 5
2. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MP-53's
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes. 2 years ago.
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Tight dispersion. Some workability and forgiveness. Good feel.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes. And on nice weather days, I can play during the week when the courses aren't crowded. I can also play on Friday afternoons, some Saturdays and every Sunday. Our practice facility reseeded a couple months ago and that has grown in nicely, allowing for fw style grass to hit off of. Plus, I have several home course association events and Texas Golf Association events scheduled over the next few months.

Thank you THP and PING!

1. What is your handicap? 6.2

2. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno Mp 62

3. Have you ever been fit for you irons and if so how long ago? Current clubs were fitted 3 years ago

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? How they look and feel set up to the ball

5. Are you capable of playing on actual glf courses with real grass with the next 2 weeks? Yes my club is open

1. What is your handicap?
- I'm currently playing right around an 18 handicap. Pretty spot on for me - I'm capable of shooting anything between an 84 and a 100! I think this will be the year that I see some serious improvement though - it'll be my fourth full 'season' of golf.

2. What irons do you currently play?
- Wilson Staff Di11's

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago?
- Unfortunately, I have never been fit for irons. I guess I never really understood the importance of a proper fitting until I joined THP. I'm definitely now of the opinion that a proper fitting, proper golf ball, etc. all contribute to positive results on the golf course. So, I'd be really excited to see just what a proper fitting would do for my game.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons?
- Personally, I'll be pretty darn happy if I can find an iron that goes long and straight. The ability to work the golf ball isn't a huge concern for me at this point and time but it's something I'd hope to develop in the future. But, basically, I feel like I need to start playing golf more to a number. So, I would desire a set of irons that I feel comfortable playing to any number with any club. And, of course, if I'm hitting them straight and in the fairway then I've found an iron that provides me with comfort, forgiveness, and stability.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks?
- It looks as if our unusually mild Western Pennsylvania winter is going to continue into March. I am actually planning on playing 9 holes today - it's about 52 degrees and sunny. So, yes, it looks as if it'll be a golf friendly end of winter/spring. It's supposed to get up to around 60 degrees tomorrow and the 10-day forecast is scattered with days in the low 50's. In my mind, that's golf weather! In addition, I've signed up with GolfTec to begin taking lessons in the second week of March so that gives me even more incentive to hit the course and practice my game. Have to start my path to improvement now for the THP Outing!

---

Awesome opportunity - this should be a fun one for those selected! Thank you! Good luck, THP'ers.

vegas pro tour

vegas pro tour

1. What is your handicap? 32. What irons do you currently play? Nike VR Cavity3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes. 1 month 4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Definitely the feel. Look is important. Confidence in the club. 5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes, always play grass courses in Vegas. I would be a good candidate because I run a Pro Tour here in Vegas. I can get exposure for these clubs with my local pro players. We are the local market of the National Professional Golf Tour. Thank you.

New to the Golf Business and ready to write and test for Hackers Paradise.

New to the Golf Business and ready to write and test for Hackers Paradise.

I would love to test these clubs. I have never been a Ping type of golfer but I have recently been using a Ping Putter and believe that there may be something worth checking. I also used a friends Ping I15 Driver and really liked it. In May I will be taking my P.A.T for my PGA Professional Certificate and really need some good irons.

1. What is your handicap? 14.3 USGA
2. What irons do you currently play? I use a set of RedBirds Irons that were fitted to my exact specs.
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I was fit about 3 months ago by Redbird Golf.
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? I am looking for a set of Irons that will magnify my strengths and minimize my weakness. I would like a club that helps me shape my shots and give me the distance and the forgiveness to help my confidence around the golf course.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? I am the Jr Golf Director for a Country Club in San Angelo Texas, I play golf everyday on multiple types of golf course (I play at least nine holes everyday, sometimes at the country club, and other times at the municipal course that our management company runs)

As a new person in the Golf Business I would love to be a frequent tester for Hackers Paradise. I graduated from Texas State University-San Marcos with a B.A. in History and also got my teaching certificate, However when moving to San Angelo couldn't find a teaching job so I sent an email to my current boss and am now pursuing a career in

Golf and couldn't be more excited about this opportunity and really would love to write and test for Hackers Paradise

Thank you and if I am not chosen for this project please keep me in mind for future testers.

Tim Gaestel

Oh man, what a great opportunity! The whole i20 line is sexy! Thanks to Ping & THP :)

1. What is your handicap? No official handicap, but I've been shooting in the 90's mostly.
2. What irons do you currently play? Bridgestone J38 DPC, they are probably the strongest part of my game.
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? No, I've never been fit for irons. **I did use the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer recently, it recommended 3 different "Stiff" shafts**
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? I look for forgiveness & accuracy without having to hit SGI shovels. This is why I love the J38's, very forgiving irons that have more of a "players" look/feel. Great turf interaction as well.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes, I live in Miami, FL. I play every Saturday & hit the range at least once during the week.

Last edited:
Golf and couldn't be more excited about this opportunity and really would love to write and test for Hackers Paradise

Thank you and if I am not chosen for this project please keep me in mind for future testers.

Tim Gaestel

Thanks Tim. The easiest way to be a tester for THP, is to be active on the forums. The more active someone is, the more opportunities can come their way.

1. What is your handicap? My current handicap is a 6.8.

2. What irons do you currently play? I currently play TaylorMade MCs.

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes. I was fit for my current set of irons back in March of 2011. The fitting was the best thing that has ever happened to my game from an equipment standpoint.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? What I look for in a set of irons is accuracy, forgiveness and playability. It is also nice if they are visually appealing as well.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes, one of the great parts about living in Oregon is the year round golf. This has been an especially mild year, so all of the courses are still in good condition (except one near me that got flooded, but even it is open for play).

I also wanted to say thank you to both THP and PING for providing us with this wonderful opportunity to test these irons out!

Another incredible opportunity from THP and Ping. Thank you and good luck to everyone entered.

1. What is your handicap? Not official HDCP, but 21

2. What irons do you currently play? Wilson Di11 w/Uniflex shaft
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes, 2 weeks ago
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons?[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Forgiveness, Great looks, consistency along the set, I like the feeling to not be too harsh and the short/scoring irons to perform great. [/FONT]
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yes, curently playing at least once a week and will continue to do so. More daylight coming soon will open up more time for after work rounds as well. [/FONT]

1. What is your handicap? 15.7
2. What irons do you currently play? Ping G15
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? No, but will next time. Just was fit for a Driver (i20) for the first time and loved the experience.
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Good feel for my swing. Good looking. Ability to grow my game with the clubs.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes. Playing tomorrow and Friday. Weather is above 45 so its time to get out and get things moving. I'll be playing no less than once a week in the spring and summer. Plus lots of range time.

Thanks

I want to support this testing wholeheartedly. Such a great opportunity with a wonderful golf company. I wish all the applicants good luck. The golfing world does use these threads as amazing tools for making decisions. I am still completely blown away that I have been given the honor of testing for the forum.

Tapatalk

Wow, what an opportunity. The Ping i20s are the irons I've had my eye on this year.

1. What is your handicap? 8.3 (hit single digits for the first time last Fall).
2. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MP-57s if I'm playing well, Ping G-10s if I'm not
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes. I was fit for the Ping G-10s (green dot, plus 1/2") in 2008 when my handicap was around 20, but I now tend to hit them too high.
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Ability to change trajectory. Forgiveness while still being able to tell how you missed. Ease of fitting. Price
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes, unless it snows, but this winter that hasn't been much of a problem.

I want to support this testing wholeheartedly. Such a great opportunity with a wonderful golf company. I wish all the applicants good luck. The golfing world does use these threads as amazing tools for making decisions. I am still completely blown away that I have been given the honor of testing for the forum.

Tapatalk

We appreciate the feedback FrankA! I'd like to second everything you said. Great points!

Thanks for the opportunity THP and Ping!

1. What is your handicap? My current index is 11.9

2. What irons do you currently play? I have a set of Ping i15s that I started using last year

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I was if for these irons in Auckland, this was in June last year.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? A few things - quality of the product, customer service of both the retailer and the OEM, different options I regards to shafts, grips etc.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Absolutely yes! In Auckland we get to play all year round and it's currently the start of Autumn which is a great time for golf. The course I am a member of is a seaside links and as such is open all year round. It never closes due to rain because it drains so well!

Thanks again THP and ping and good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handicap: 13.2
Current Irons: Taylor Made RAC LT2's
Been fitted: Yes, was fitted for these in 2005.
What I look for in irons: Ones that look good, forgiveness, fitting and price
Can I get to the course within 2 weeks: Would indeed and would look forward to testing.

Thanks to THP and Ping!

Back