Support a good cause! March for Babies.

Gianna1025

Reaction score
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Handicap
Good morning everyone. I started this thread for a great reason and one that I am truly grateful for.

Two years ago my wife an I had our first child. As new parents we were obviously thrilled that we were going to have a baby. My wife did everything that she was advised to do. Took prenatal vitamins, stayed away from fish and anything else the doctors told her to stay away from. We were all set to start the most amazing adventure of our lives. Except it wasn't anywhere near amazing. It was horrifying!

About 23 weeks into her pregnancy my wife started experiencing bad back pain. We thought it was nothing at first but one morning it became unbearable for her and we went to the ER. They told us she was having contractions and gave her an I'VE and they subsided. For now. Later the next night she was in bad pain and asked to go to St. Mary's where we were scheduled to have the baby. They told us her water broke and she was probably going to have the baby in the next 24-48 hours and moved us to nearby Abington hospital which has a stage 3 NICU.

Long story short, a week later due to health complications my wife had a C-section and gave birth to Gianna, who at the time weighed one pound! Over the next 4 months Gianna fought for her life and beat every odd there was and if a very healthy and active 2 year old.

Every year we show our appreciation and participate in the March for Babies. Because of the March for Dimes, Gianna got the necessary medications to help her lungs develop.

I just want to throw this out there. If you can please visit Marchforbabies.org and donate to a great cause. It doesn't have to be a lot of money but anything is appreciated! Just search for a walker down at the bottom of the page. Input Anthony Siravo and follow the prompts

Here is a picture of my wife and daughter just moments after her birth! It's probably my most favorite picture, oddly enough!
45f9273c-99e5-96e1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Buddy, heads up. I clicked your link to make a donation and the first thing I noticed, it is saying I am logged in as you. You might want to change your link or something, because I don't think it should say I or anyone else should be logged in as you. Second, I tried to make a PayPal donation, it said it went through, but than I got an error message saying it didn't. You mind checking your records to see if it did go through? Great story of you and your family by the way. I hope us Hackers can help you out with this.

Thanks Jeff! I updated the post as well. Thank you so much for the donation. If you ever need ANYTHING let me know. I hope to pay it forward for anyone who donates!

What an amazing story, thank you so much for sharing. What a scary ordeal to go through for you and your wife. So glad Gianna is doing well. I shared your story with my wife as her and I went through a little NICU scare with our first. We will be more than happy to add to the donations, what's the best link to use to get that in for you and your wife?

Thanks Jeff! I updated the post as well. Thank you so much for the donation. If you ever need ANYTHING let me know. I hope to pay it forward for anyone who donates!

Ah, no paybacks ever necessary. Just making sure you raise lots of money for this worthwhile cause. I will share on my Facebook wall and see if I can't get a few of my friends to chip in a few bucks, if you don't mind.

Not at all Jeff. Can't thank you enough!

My wife and I are right around that time in the pregnancy and I can't imagine going through that. I am happy everything worked out well in the end. I just donated as well and would hope that alot of people will as well. I am going to post on my facebook and twitter also. Good luck!

Ah, no paybacks ever necessary. Just making sure you raise lots of money for this worthwhile cause. I will share on my Facebook wall and see if I can't get a few of my friends to chip in a few bucks, if you don't mind.

+1, no paybacks at all, I told the wife to share at her office as well, here's hoping to you raising a bunch of money!

I'm glad things worked out for you. I have a 2 year old as well. Donation will be made today.Mike

Just made a donation for ddec and I.

Heart touching story and I'm glad everything worked out. Money is tight right now, but I will see what I can do about getting some money together for donation. Is there a date we can donate until or is this open for a while?

Heart touching story and I'm glad everything worked out. Money is tight right now, but I will see what I can do about getting some money together for donation. Is there a date we can donate until or is this open for a while?

The countdown on the donation page says 65 days until the walk.

Just got a message on Facebook from a friend of mine here in town. After she gets done teaching class today, she is dropping off some money for me to make a online donation in her name. So, there ya go!

Don't worry about it. I do appreciate you trying though!

Just got a message on Facebook from a friend of mine here in town. After she gets done teaching class today, she is dropping off some money for me to make a online donation in her name. So, there ya go!

Added rep for your efforts. Thanks again Jeff

Don't worry about it. I do appreciate you trying though!

Oh it's no worry. I love supporting a good cause and this is as good as they come. Also, I love supporting my friends and family, including THP members, as I know they'd do the same for me.

Bumping this for a good cause!

Touching story Gianna, just sent you a donation. Enjoy the walk.

Thanks buddy. Just got the email. Really appreciate it!

Hope to meet up with you at Baywood in March.

I wanted to bump this for a good cause. Is there any chance we can sticky this at least until the event?

Back