Drivers - Biggest and Best - Your thoughts?

true. But I can without a doubt tell you that I was more accurate with the Razr Hawk at stock length than any other driver I played last year. I think it's why fitting is key. What works for 1 person might not work for someone else.

Perhaps. But to say that a 46'' driver shaft is more accurate than a 44 3/4'' shaft is absurd. And there's plenty of evidence to support that argument on the internet.

Perhaps. But to say that a 46'' driver shaft is more accurate than a 44 3/4'' shaft is absurd. And there's plenty of evidence to support that argument on the internet.

I guess if it's on the internet its got to be true:alien:
I don't think it's a black and white argument. That's why fittings are always good.

I guess if it's on the internet its got to be true:alien:
I don't think it's a black and white argument. That's why fittings are always good.

Fence rider. I'd hate to stear you to a wonderful article that would make you look foolish.

You guys are all very silly. I only hit driver when I have to, which at my home course is quiet often but if I can hit a hybrid or a 3 wood off the tee I will gladly do it, as long as it leaves me no more than a mid iron into the green.

You guys are all very silly. I only hit driver when I have to, which at my home course is quiet often but if I can hit a hybrid or a 3 wood off the tee I will gladly do it, as long as it leaves me no more than a mid iron into the green.

that's pretty much how I play too. I'd rather hit a 3 wood if I can

Well yea, but that's why you're still a Cookie 14. More drivers would probably bring you down to a solid 13.6.

I want to fight. Although ddec did love the Long Tom, so his opinions are highly skewed from my perspective.

that's pretty much how I play too. I'd rather hit a 3 wood if I can
I'm a big fan of course Management.
Well yea, but that's why you're still a Cookie 14. More drivers would probably bring you down to a solid 13.6.
I'm not a huge fan of cookie.
I want to fight. Although ddec did love the Long Tom, so his opinions are highly skewed from my perspective.
I agree, if you liked the Long Tom everything you say from then on is dubious.

wonder if that is posted on the internet somewhere

It's kind of true. If you "enjoyed Long Tom" your opinions are now perceived differently.

That is actually one of the drivers I am considering. Looks like a solid club for the money.

Sent from my DROIDX
I played the Super Tri until my son smashed it in the trunk of my car! Without question, it was the best driver I'd ever hit. I have tried to replace it, and the R11 is the closest, but still not quite the Super Tri. I bought a replacement Super Tri on E-bay, but I think it was fake as it just didn't feel or sound the same. Generally, from what I have seen, if you have a slow to moderate swing speed, this is a good driver to give a try!

that I loved it? are you sure about that?

Well, to be honest, you didn't really say you loved or hated anything while you were down in Florida. But what I read on the internet was that just about everything you hit down there was "good, I really liked. THought it was good."

I can't really base more off of that wonderful in depth feedback.

Well, to be honest, you didn't really say you loved or hated anything while you were down in Florida. But what I read on the internet was that just about everything you hit down there was "good, I really liked. THought it was good."

I can't really base more off of that wonderful in depth feedback.

once again just proving you hear what you want to hear.
We've gone through it, things that didn't wow me down there were 588 irons, Razr Fit driver, the hybrids that come in the Mashie iron set were putrid. Trusty Rusty wasn't for me either.
Things that I really liked, J40 DPC's, Nike VRS Forged irons, Cobra ZL Encore, Razr X Black driver, J40 wedges, Mashie FW.
Everything else was good. The Long Tom I crushed on the range, J40 driver was good for me(not great), Mashie irons were good. Didn't have a good day with the CG Black irons, but I'm not Luke Donald I won't blame the irons.

I'll hit driver over playing it safe 8/10 times. I dont know. I get bit when i do, see my last round. Hitting driver is fun. Just not more fun than a flushed iron shot.

I'll hit driver over playing it safe 8/10 times. I dont know. I get bit when i do, see my last round. Hitting driver is fun. Just not more fun than a flushed iron shot.

it's definitely fun to just bash the hell out of the driver. It happens to me about 3 or 4 times a year haha

Dang it ddec! It's b/c you weren't wow'd by the 588's, ok? you swing long shafts, I like short shafts (on the golf course, not in real life :alien:)

Dang it ddec! It's b/c you weren't wow'd by the 588's, ok? you swing long shafts, I like short shafts (on the golf course, not in real life :alien:)

I think you'll be wowed by them. I might be wowed come demo day when the swing is better too

this is for my buddy

Spank - may he rest in internet peace - made fun of me for trying to hit 3w off the tee at the first outing and I was so ashamed I borrowed a driver from the demo day stash.

Spank - may he rest in internet peace - made fun of me for trying to hit 3w off the tee at the first outing and I was so ashamed I borrowed a driver from the demo day stash.

you probably should have gone with that strategy on the first hole of the last outing too :alien:
I miss spank

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I miss Spank.

ddec, please remind me again why you weren't wow'd by 588 goodness?

ddec, please remind me again why you weren't wow'd by 588 goodness?

Just didn't hit them well enough to get a good feel for them. I thought with the same swing I was putting on them and the J40's I was getting better results from the J40s(and yes this testing part was done before I found out who we were sponsored by). To me it showed that when I didn't have a good swing, they just wouldn't work for me. As far as looks go, they are beautiful.

Back