JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes! I wonder what his first round opponent in the WGC is thinking.

Just listening to the news on UK Golf Night. That's great news, interesting that he's chosen a match play format to make his comeback.

Looking forward to see if there are any changes in his swing because of his knee.

Good news all round though.

Love to see him play the 17 year old Japanese kid!

• Admin
I am guessing that the kid won't be ranked 64th, but could you imagine the media around that matchup? It would be HUGE!

I am guessing that the kid won't be ranked 64th, but could you imagine the media around that matchup? It would be HUGE!

I am sure that his opponent has never been in a world similiar to Tiger's. I can't imagine.

I just saw the World Rankings and Ishikawa is actually ranked 67th, if he can play well this weekend there is a chance he could be matched up with Tiger.
That would be crazy.

I just saw the World Rankings and Ishikawa is actually ranked 67th, if he can play well this weekend there is a chance he could be matched up with Tiger.
That would be crazy.

That would be - (to quote you my American friends) - 'awesome'!!!!!

• Admin
I agree. If I am not mistaken, Ishikawa was referred to as the Tiger of Japan. Let the Japan Tiger meet the USA Tiger.

I am very excited to see how he performs. It's been nice to give the other PGA players a chance to shine, but Tiger has been missed and it will be great to have him back.

That would be - (to quote you my American friends) - 'awesome'!!!!!

spicoli-fast-times-ridgemont-high-surf-no-dice.jpg

When I read the thread title for some reason I thought, "oh god now what's wrong with his back!"

I am so ready for his return.

Not such a huge surprise, given how much Tiger's contract with Accenture must be worth.

Congrats on post #2000 Harry! Welcome to the Have-Nothing-Better-To-Do-Club!

EAT-99-RIT001.jpg

I'm excited to see how Tiger does. I think it was very smart to use the Match Play as his first tournament back. If he has a bad hole because of his knee or what ever, he can thro that away, and still end up winning. Good luck next week Tiger!

I am very excited to see how he performs. It's been nice to give the other PGA players a chance to shine, but Tiger has been missed and it will be great to have him back.

It has been nice to see other players get a chance to win, but I'm not sure you can say shine. Everyone has been behind the "When is Tiger coming back?" cloud.

It's great to see him coming back.

it will be interesting to see if the economy pulls out of its nosedive when tiger returns, which btw, went into its tailspin after the u.s. open when tiger stopped playing golf

Biggest issue for Tiger might be camera's! Click, Click, Click......

it will be interesting to see if the economy pulls out of its nosedive when tiger returns, which btw, went into its tailspin after the u.s. open when tiger stopped playing golf

Haha, thats a good theory.

I am really looking forward to this event.

I am so freaking pumped... I am also pumped because I LOVE matchplay and I finally have HD and DVR so I can watch every moment as soon as I get home instread of having to wait until the night broadcast

Did you have a DVR before you got the new TV?

We watch almost everything in recorded mode now. We'll wait 15 minutes to start watching, just so we can skip the commercials. I bet advertisers HATE DVR's!

Did you have a DVR before you got the new TV?

We watch almost everything in recorded mode now. We'll wait 15 minutes to start watching, just so we can skip the commercials. I bet advertisers HATE DVR's!

nope... just the plain old boring box

I picked up some monster HDMI cables... the golf is insane!

Back