How do you clean your clubs?

expat_in_asia

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello everyone,

First post and one of my many stupid questions. Did a search to avoid asking the same question again, but found nothing. Just bought the clubs listed below and wondering the best way to clean them after a round. I am thinking a brass brush and soapy warm water? I'd rather not submerge them if possible. What would be safe to clean the grooves out with? Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I use warm soapy water and a plastic bristle scrub brush. If the grooves aren't filled with dirt I just wipe them down with windex.

I use a tooth brush and warm water and dry them off as soon as I clean each one. It take about 10 mins or so, but it seems to do the trick

I just use warm soapy water and a nail brush and then wipe/dry them with a microfiber towel making sure to wipe down the shaft too! Occasionally will wipe the grips down with the damp towel

I'll take the brushes off of my bag and use those with warm soapy water. Don't forget about your grips either! They need to be cleaned as well. I'll use warm soapy water for those aswell and a facecloth to scrub the grips.

I use warm soapy water and a plastic bristle scrub brush. If the grooves aren't filled with dirt I just wipe them down with windex.

This. I just make sure I don't scratch the faces though

I just use warm water without soap and a plasic brush. I use warm, soapy water on the grips.

Do not use a wire brush, if you do you will easily scratch them.

I use everything above but a plastic bristle brush. I also use magic eraser when there are ball marks on my wood faces. That way I see where I made contact in subsequent rounds or range sessions

I use the tooth brush that the dentist gives me at each checkup with warm, soapy water. :) I use a sonicare for my own teeth, lol.

Last edited:
I used the tooth brush that the dentist gives me at each checkup with warm, soapy water. :) I use a sonicare for my own teeth, lol.

Good man! :D

I generally just wipe them down after every shot.

Warm water, dish soap, and a plastic bristled brush, something along the lines of what you would clean floors with. Would you scrub a Ferrari with a Brillo Pad? Negative. They scratch clubs up too.

please dont use a brass brush.. you will scratch the clubs up bad!..
i normally use warm weak soapy water and an old toothbrush ( my wife got sick of the taste of dirt and bought a new one haha:beat-up:)
for stubborn marks use a magic eraser.. dry them off with your towel too :)

Plastic brush to clean grooves then clean off with baby wipes! They do a great job. Towel to dry, job done.

I used to be REALLY OCD about keeping my clubs clean. They got cleaned before and after every round. Now though, I usually just take a tee to the grooves and hack away.

20 ox of warm water mixed with a table spoon of ammonia, let each club sit in it for ten minutes, then rinse with cold water. It can take three hours to wash the set of clubs, but it works like nothing else.

Its well documented how anal I am about my clubs. I clean them once a week and often throughout my round. Invest in a Frogger club cleaning brush. It attaches to your golf bag but its got a retractable string so its easy to use. I put some all natural dish soap in the sink and fill it with hot water. I dip my iron heads in there and scrub. I immediately dry them with a towel then set them grip end down and let them air dry. This also allows gravity to help get any water out of the cavity.

Its well documented how anal I am about my clubs. I clean them once a week and often throughout my round. Invest in a Frogger club cleaning brush. It attaches to your golf bag but its got a retractable string so its easy to use. I put some all natural dish soap in the sink and fill it with hot water. I dip my iron heads in there and scrub. I immediately dry them with a towel then set them grip end down and let them air dry. This also allows gravity to help get any water out of the cavity.

A man after my own heart, there's something about cleaning my clubs the night before a round which adds to the anticipation and excitement of getting out there. Almost like a warm up before the main event. OCD is great isn't it

I carry a wet towel and wipe the club after each shot. No need to clean afterwards. Have the Spotless Swing towel for getting deeper into the grooves as needed on the course.

I let a trickle of warm water run from the tap (faucet), hold each club under, and run a nail brush all over. Doing all clubs takes a couple of minutes, then towel dry heads and run up the shafts with the now damp towel. In to the bag to air dry, then covers on, and into the garage. Every now and again I'll rub the grips with the towel too, seems to roughen them up a bit.

+1 Frogger Club Brush!!! I use it to keep the grooves clean while playing and the retractable cord makes it easy to clean!!!!

With a couple old toothbrushes. One toothbrush for the grips and the other for the face. I use water and soap in a large bowl so I can scrub them very good.

I let a trickle of warm water run from the tap (faucet), hold each club under, and run a nail brush all over. Doing all clubs takes a couple of minutes, then towel dry heads and run up the shafts with the now damp towel. In to the bag to air dry, then covers on, and into the garage. Every now and again I'll rub the grips with the towel too, seems to roughen them up a bit.

I clean my clubs in much the same way. Just enough water to get the dirt off without soaking the club head too much.

Back