What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+9 today
Bogey'd every hole
Mud sucks

Played my first 9 of the year today. Was an absolute disaster.

Bogey, Par, Bogey, Double Bogey (Par 3...ugh!), Bogey, Par, Triple Bogey, Par, Bogey.

+9.

And I agree with Russ... mud sucks. It was a rather muddy round. I had some good shots, but REALLY, REALLY struggled off of the tee today. My best shot was on a long dogleg left, par 4. I didn't drive the ball far enough to have a clear shot at the green, but managed to clear a tall oak tree with a 3-wood, landing the ball about 5 yards short of the green. Still found a way to bogey the hole, but the 3W felt great.

A disappointing 83, 41/42. I was driving the ball really well, and hit 12/14 fairways....but I couldn't hit the ball when it was sitting on the ground. Only hit 6 greens, and four of those were short wedge shots. Short game was not particularly impressive, either. I don't care for the new Penta TP3.

Nice round JB, impressive to see 13 pars in a row.

I had an interested round, shot a 78, but it didn't feel that well. Only had one birdie and I had to take the picture which I'll include in the best shot of the day thread.
But overall I just wasn't impressed with my swing compared to when I last played. The bogeys were just unforced errors and just shouldn't have happened at all. Still three 3putts today which never helps the round.

JonathansLanding.jpg

I shot a 95 a few days ago. It wasnt bad until i got a 9 on a par 3. :banghead:

I had the craziest 18 holes today. I was playing great tee to green but had the short game today of cookie. I mean good lord did my short game cost me strokes today. Anyway I shot an 83 but I had 5 double bogeys, 5!!!!! I couldn't tell you the last time I had that many doubles and on every single one of them I was in the middle of the fairway and then put my second into the green side bunker. I would then hit out over the green the chip back on and then two putt. Just silly. Anyway I hit 13/14 fairways and had 9 gir and 3 birdies and just 1 bogey. What a silly day.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot 72 today as I birdied the first 3 holes for 34 on the front and 1 birdie on the back shooting 38. Really struggled on the back with my ball striking compared to the front.

I shot a 97 today! Got off of work early and decided to get 18 in before dark. I have been working on a new swing and set up since going to GolfTEC last weekend for my first lesson and had a good range session two days ago. I didn't have time to warm up before going so I was still working things out until #7 where things started falling in place. Ended up shooting 54 on the front and 43 on the back. They had just aerated and top dressed the greens a week or two ago so putting was kind of rough!!

Walked 9 today in 37* weather, overcast but a little chilly. Played really well tee to green. First time out on the grass with my driver and irons so I was pretty happy with how I hit them. Shot 43 Stats for the day:

FIR: 1/7 didn't miss by much though
GIR: 4/9 pretty good for 1st time with irons
Putts: 18 this is what killed my round 3 putted 4 greens. Only highlight was I poured in a birdie from about 35 feet. Big sweeping putt from left to right. Other than that I couldn't even come close to the hole. I am in contact with the guys at SeeMore so maybe that can help turn my putting around...

Seriously. Tappin'.

Didnt keep score but probably high 80s. Had more 3 putts than I care to count. It was a miserable putting round. However, the new swing off the tee worked fantastic. Didn't miss a single fairway ALL day. With the Mashie 14* and Mashie+ 18* in my bag, I may never hit another driver, ever.

Shot a 46/46 92 with 5 puts that missed by less than an inch each 2 of them we were waiting for the wind to blow them in LOLOL. All in all I'm playing a little better than I've been in a while. The only thing that stinks was I bought new wedges yesterday to play from distances that always gave me trouble and always end up at cause I had the wrong lofts and not once today was I in those distances so I didn't get to use them for that. But 2 shots out of the green side bunkers were left close enough for pars so for that I was happy.

Testing new balls (alternated between Black and Chrome) I played nine and shot -3 (32). Nice day for golf and a nice round. Jumbo grips are paying off.

Alex

Shot a 46 on 9. only 1 Green in regulation. getting off the tee is killing me.

I had another good day today, my golf game is back on the upswing, we'll see how long it lasts this time.

I shot a 38/40 for another 78, this time on a par 70 course. I hit 9/13 fairways, 7 greens with 29 putts. I was simply on fire on the greens on the front 9 with 12 putts!!!, partially due to great chipping. I was getting off the tee great with the 3 hybrid, I never missed a FW with it. I once again needed a par on the 18th to break 80, and came away with a bird... such a great feeling.

I had 3 birdies, 5 pars, 9 bogeys and a double.

BS 44 in some frustrating wind. Didn't feel like playing and it showed at every turn. I never hook, except today, ms. greybush would've been so proud.

Hit a measley 3 fairways and 2 girs, totaled 16 putts.

:banghead:

--
tapatalk

BS 44 in some frustrating wind. Didn't feel like playing and it showed at every turn. I never hook, except today, ms. greybush would've been so proud.

Hit a measley 3 fairways and 2 girs, totaled 16 putts.

:banghead:

--
tapatalk

:laughing:Hooker now huh Danny :bulgy-eyes:. Looking forward to teeing it up with ya this coming Tuesday!

I shot 86 today. I was not unhappy with it, as the conditions were not conducive to shooting much lower for me. It was kind of like playing in the mud bowl today.

:laughing:Hooker now huh Danny :bulgy-eyes:. Looking forward to teeing it up with ya this coming Tuesday!

I shot 86 today. I was not unhappy with it, as the conditions were not conducive to shooting much lower for me. It was kind of like playing in the mud bowl today.

Tuesday will be a lot of fun, I envy both of you getting out today, I did not get out to challenge the mud.

After a week of warm, dry, almost windless conditions, today was a shock to this ole boy's system. Cold, windy and sloppy wet but other than that it was perfect. I'm not sure how good a day putting I had with the holes and sand on the greens so the missed short putts could have been bad putts or just me? Anyway, it seemed like a struggle all day: 83 (40, 43)

But it was good to play today.

77 in gale force winds. Not bad for early in the year. Could have pretty easily cut the bogeys down to 3 and had two birdie putts stop 2" short, which is blashphemy to leave a birdie short.

9 pars
7 bogeys
2 birdies

Horrendous wind out there today and I shot a really good front nine. 39 + 46 = 85. No doubles on the front side and birdied # 9. Missed a 4 footer on five for a birdie however I was really happy with the front nine. The back side was pure ugly with some awful shots. I would have like to have blamed the strong wind but I can't. It was all me. You are supposed to swing easy into a strong wind, however I was doing the opposite with poor results.

5.5" of rain yesterday, no courses open in my neck of the woods this morning.

Horrendous wind out there today and I shot a really good front nine. 39 + 46 = 85. No doubles on the front side and birdied # 9. Missed a 4 footer on five for a birdie however I was really happy with the front nine. The back side was pure ugly with some awful shots. I would have like to have blamed the strong wind but I can't. It was all me. You are supposed to swing easy into a strong wind, however I was doing the opposite with poor results.

Nice round OG, even with a tough back side. It's hard to concentrate in strong winds for me, I just struggle to picture my pre-swing with the wind blasting me.

After disappearing for a week, my A-game returned today. I shot 79 at Lake Arlington, a round that only yielded 1 birdie. I won't credit my round to the new Rocketballz balls, but I did put them in play today and they seemed to fly pretty straight - even on poor swings. I did hit a tape measure drive on #16 of 338 yards. I hit a few others around 300 yards, so I'm liking these balls. Didn't really have many short pitch shots where I'd be able to see any action on the green, so the verdict is still out on how well they spin.

I plan to be "sick" sometime this week so that I can get back out on the course...weather here in the DFW area is really nice right now.

I shot a 99 today. Brought out the Nike VRS hybrid for the first time today. I have to say, I dont think I like it. 54 on the back fine (started at 10) using the Nike and 45 on the front using the Mashie. The back is much easier for me usually, I dont know what happened but there is a lot about what I am doing I like. Much more consistent. Next weekend I will be logging two good range sessions before playing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back