2012 Bridgestone Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

So after my third round with these I got some fairly shocking results. I played the RX and RXS for the first 4 holes and while I played those 4 holes well, my drives really weren't going as far as I thought they should be, and neither were my irons, plus I felt like they were going to high. I then put another ball in play for the next 4 holes and my drives were much longer, ball flight lower, and irons were much longer too. I then thought well perhaps I'm just warmed up now, so I put the RX back into play and the same thing happened.
I haven't had my swing speed measured in quite some time but in the past it has been anywhere from 93-100 so I didn't think there was anyway I would be overcompressing the RX golf ball. Today I managed to get some time on a real launch monitor, and my SS was between 105 and 109 for all 20 swings that I took. I guess other work I've been doing is paying off, but perhaps the RX is no longer the ball for me.

I still love the ball, but the loss in distance I was seeing on thursday was just too much for me to be playing the ball. I don't think this is the fault of the ball, but perhaps the B330-S is more my speed these days.

Short game spin is still spectacular and very consistent.

Cool that is odd, how much distance would you say you were losing?

cb you are a beast, gaining that much ss means you are really working on the core strength IMO. I am interested to see if the B330-S is now the ball for you, keep us posted.

Cool that is odd, how much distance would you say you were losing?

5 yards on almost every iron, and probably 15 yards on my driver total but carry was about the same.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

cb you are a beast, gaining that much ss means you are really working on the core strength IMO. I am interested to see if the B330-S is now the ball for you, keep us posted.

Thanks DD this would probably be a combination of going to the gym, losing weight, but most importantly some swing changes for the better.

The conditions are so wet right now that if your driver goes too high your drives will be 250 carry, 249 total. Which is exactly what was happening with the RX and RXS and with my irons I was laser ing carry yardages that I should have been able to carry and I was coming up short.

Thanks for the writeup Freddie! Great job!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the writeup Freddie! Great job!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

+1, as most here already know, Freddie is DA MAN!!!

It has been a long ~11 days since I last played a round. That is the longest I have gone in a LONG time. Tomorrow AM I am playing 18 and can't wait to get more results with the B330/B330s. Sorry for the long delay between testings.

Thanks DD this would probably be a combination of going to the gym, losing weight, but most importantly some swing changes for the better.

The conditions are so wet right now that if your driver goes too high your drives will be 250 carry, 249 total. Which is exactly what was happening with the RX and RXS and with my irons I was laser ing carry yardages that I should have been able to carry and I was coming up short.

What are the temperatures like? People do mention cold affecting the ball.

What are the temperatures like? People do mention cold affecting the ball.
Its probably 44* here right now and wet, and overcompressing might be the wrong word, but the ball flight was much higher than the other two balls I played that day and it was costing me yards.

5 yards on almost every iron, and probably 15 yards on my driver total but carry was about the same.

Those are drastic numbers, two clubs going into green with the lose combination. I was chatting online with Jeff during a B-fit session and he said the compression of the RX IS 65 and the RXS is 64. Maybe too much spin is kill'n
@setho I'll have more info tomorrow evening after I play. Hopefully the callaway guys will let me get some numbers as well.

Those are drastic numbers, two clubs going into green with the lose combination. I was chatting online with Jeff during a B-fit session and he said the compression of the RX IS 65 and the RXS is 64. Maybe too much spin is kill'n
@setho I'll have more info tomorrow evening after I play. Hopefully the callaway guys will let me get some numbers as well.
I think its spin buddy, but I will know more as I'm playing again tomorrow and it will be a little drier out so I will be able to judge this thing they once called roll out.

So I'm not sure if this is frowned upon but I decided to take a break from my testing(just two rounds) to see what I am missing out on. And here are my findings..

First round:
I played a Srixon Z-Star and honestly enjoyed the feeling from driver to putter. I can compare the Z-star to the B330 but I definitely missed the spin out of the B330-S. I felt as if I got more spin out of the B330-s and honestly a much better feeling throughout my clubs compared to the B330(The S being better overall.) I just felt more confident in my golf ball using the S because I knew it would hit a stop compared to the roll outs I had been getting in the regular B330. The Z-star had great durability and is very comparable to these new B330 balls. There was no scuffing on either ball and I had made one of my balls last for over two rounds and is still playable.

Second round:
I played the B330-S in my frozen friday(small tournament put on by the DSGA) and man I had never played so well. While my whole round just clicked I managed my best round ever(72- even par) with this ball. This is the same ball I had used for a round already and I did not see any loss in distances or even in spin. I did have a big marking from the cart path but it was nothing that would make the ball change directions or even make a huge difference. Even with it having a round under its belt. The B330-S still played just as new even though I could feel the wear on the ball but I was still getting hit and stops.

Overall:
I'm ready to compare these to other balls and see what else I miss because right now I can't say anything bad about the new B330 balls because they have given me a ton of confidence and it's that what you want? This ball should certainly be on everyone's radar, bridgestone has put together a winner here and I can't wait to get back out and play again.

Well after about a week and half of days off not falling on the right days, tomorrow i am getting out and will have a full report with the B330 and B330-S. Should be decent conditions. Low 40's, sun, light winds. Planning on playing the S on the front non-S on the back. Will be my usual lengthy through report.

Some interesting observations CB...I just stuck a couple firmer compression balls in my bag and am hoping to see if I can tell a difference when I play today...it's almost 60 here, and very calm.

My Review #03

04/03/2012 Tee time @ 10:15
Wind - approx 14 mph
Temp - approx 4 degs C
Rain/Snow (only 12 holes played due to weather)

The idea of today's testing was to give the B330 a bashing and compare it to the 2011 version.

Today did not start well as we had a tee time @ 09:30 but when I got there we had snow falling which turned to heavy rain. Delayed our start until 10:15 but was still raining. The things testers go through!!!!

I must point out that until today I have never hit the normal B330 in any version so it was really going to be a full blind test for me with no pre-concieved ideas as to how the things perform.

Driver

Straight into the wind so started with a real good test. Hitting the 2011 version first it did feel nice although there was a definate click sound. Distance wise, not as long as normal but into wind so cant really judge too much. With the 2012 version the ball is certainly softer feeling and flight is higher than the 2011. The new version was within 2 yds of the old for distance so not much to choose.

Only hit the 2012 on second hole. 285yd par 4 wind off right. Really good swing and the ball seemed to zoom off the face with lower flight than on 1st. The feeling that this gave at impact was better than the B330-S gave in last review. I was however somewhat surprised to find that once again it finished short of where I normally am, eventhough it fealt like I really mullered the thing. I would say almost 10yds back from where I would expect to be.

Next shot with driver not good so I wont say anymore.

I tried teeing the ball up a little higher on the next. The 2011 version seemed to balloon somewhat (my crap swing at guess) but the new one flew higher and seemed to keep going, and going. This time I would say it was a good 5-10 yds past where I normally am. All thanks to teeing higher. This new version definately seems a better ball than the 2011 version if teed up a bit.

All the joy on the last was soon gone on the next. Again into wind. I teed it up a little as per the last hole. What a mistake. The thing climbed and climbed then seemed to drop like a stone. The old version was a good 20 yds ahead and I think this was due to the much lower flight.

This pattern went on for the rest of the round. Driver conclusion is that the ball seems fantastic when not into wind if teed up a little, but into wind it does not have such a penetrating flight for me.

5 Iron

Only hit 5 iron on one hole today. Wind off the left about 170 out. Good swing with each ball. Once again the 2012 is way ahead on the feel stakes. A lot softer feel than the 2011. The 2011 was straight as an arrow. Shame the arrow was aiming left of the green!! Finished pin high though. 2012 version had a very slight fade at the end. Flew slightly higher but finished level with back of green. Neither ball was in trouble and got up n down with both. Like I said, the new one fealt better but not a massive difference in distance.

8/9 Iron

First shots with both of these clubs were into wind and the results were interestingly similar the the driver into wind. The 2012 is a really nice feel but climbs into wind whereas the 2011 is a 'harder' feel but is better into wind. Both balls stopped dead on the green but about 5 yds apart distance wise. With the wind across the 2012 is a totally different animal. Much better flight and a good club longer flying around the 150 yd mark.

Wedges

From 100 yds and in both perform well.

100 yd 52deg shot with 2011 flew little lower than my normal shot but took 2 hops and stopped. The 2012 was more like my normal height and bounced once then stopped. I would be very happy with either ball from this distance but the real test would be on summer greens. My gut feeling simply going by how they feel is the 2011 is more of a ball to allow for 5-10 yds roll out whereas the 2012 would almost certainly stop quicker. Just depends on what type of game you like to play.

Chip and runs with these are a breese to play. For this type of shot I found that eventhough the 2012 is softer, I prefered the 2011 as it had a more predictable roll. Don't get me wrong the 2012 was good and nearer my current ball of choice but once I had the roll dialed in with the 2011 I think I would be able to put that one closer more often.

Putting

Both these balls are harder feel than my current one but the 2012 is definately a nicer feel. Roll with the 2011 was very good but took 3 holes to get it tamed for distance. Same with the 2012 as the ball does zoom a little off the face but once I got the distance sorted there was a clear cut winner. The 2012 version. It just feels better and less harsh off the face. The problem with testing any ball on a putter is that it may not suite the type of face, so eventhough the 2012 was better off my Nike putter, the old 2011 might be better off a softer Odyssey White Hot or something.

My overall conclusion with the 2012 B330 is that it is generally a better feeling ball than the old one but they do both have good points depending on weather conditions. On balance though if I had to pick one, it would be the 2012. The problem with balls, like clubs, is that no one makes one that is good at all things.

After today's testing though I would not put these in play if I had one of my B330-S balls in the bag. Sorry Bridgestone!!! Guess they just don't suit me as well as the great B330-S.

Right, now that I have finished putting you all in the picture I will go and dry my gear off before it goes rusty.

Great reviews TC1 & RR, nice work guys.

Date: 3/3/12
Course: King Carter GC
Weather: Heavy Rain Ending/Cloudy/Breezy/Low 60's

I played a round of golf yesterday morning at a new course I hadn't ventured out to before. We had a lot of rain Friday night and early Saturday morning. The entire course was soaked, but the weather afterwards was too nice to pass up on golfing. I had decided yesterday morning that I wanted to play, or try to, an entire round with the B330s. It was a little breezy, but I wanted to see how the B330s performed even though I had a feeling the spin would hurt me.

Chipping Green:

I got to the course about an hour early, only to find the driving range was closed due to the really soggy conditions. Perfect, I'll spend some quality time on the chipping green with the B330s. I had two balls left, so I grabbed the 56* and 60* to work on some chips. I worked on some bump and runs with the 56* and actually hit some nice chips. The green did have some slope to it, so the balls would run a little more than they normally would. The ball felt nice coming off the face, not too clicky, and would trickle down near the hole.

Next, I grabbed the 60* to work on some flop shots over the bunker. The B330s went high and landed softly on the green, catching the slope and gently rolling towards the hole. I wasn't able to get any to land and stop, but saw about 5-8 feet of roll after each shot. There weren't any flat spots on the green, but the B330s would flow with the slope a little each time. With easy wedge shots, I really like the B330s. I didn't have a B330 with me to compare, but the results seemed similar from what I remember about past chips with the B330.

On Course:

I headed off to the course and teed up a B330s when it was my turn. The first hole is a 380 yard par 4 that is fairly straight, but has fairway bunkers on both sides. The wind was blowing into us a bit, and I ripped on with the R11s. The ballflight was high, but didn't appear to be really spinny. It was a tight draw and left me with a 113 yard shot into a middle/back pin. The ball felt very soft coming off the face of the driver and I would take 13 more of those shots all day long. That was the best tee shot with the B330s to date and it left no over spinning, sour taste in my mouth.

For the approach I grabbed the PW and hit a 3/4 shot right at the pin. I saw the ball land close and jerk back, but the mound in front of the green hid where it stopped. I walked up to the green and noticed the ball had sucked back off of the green! The ball mark was literally 2' to the right of the pin and the ball had sucked back about 15' stopping right at the edge where the rough meets the fringe. Where the pin was located was on a small slope, but that was a lot of bite on a saturated green. Chip up and tap in for the par.

The next hole was a 348 yard par 4. The fairway is very narrow about where a driver would land, so I teed off with the hybrid. I chunked the tee shot and left myself with a 207 yard approach. I hit the hybrid again and hit a good shot, or what I thought was a good shot, that drew a little too much. I thought I was in the bunker, but couldn't find anything. It must have kicked off of the hill into the hazard. Bye, bye B330s.

I grabbed another one on the next hole, which was a short par 3. I chunked this tee shot too and left myself with a 66 yd approach. Hit the 56* 10' left of the pin and 2 putted for a bogey. The approach shot was a mid trajectory shot that landed and stopped about a foot from the ball mark. I was worried I may suck it off the green again, but this one didn't have nearly as much spin as the PW on the first hole.

The fourth hole is a 360 yard par 4 and I hit driver again. I hit it fairly high and it landed in the center of the fairway. I had a good eye on it, but it must have plugged pretty hard. I looked for a solid 5 minutes, but couldn't find the ball. I hate hitting good shots, only to get spanked by mother nature. Bye, bye final B330s. My testing was short yesterday with the B330s and I'm going to try and pick up another sleeve or two this week.

Date: 2/4/12
Course: Hobbs Hole GC
Weather: Light Rain/Breezy/Upper 40's

I played 18 today after attending a demo day. I teed off with a B330 on the first hole and heeled a shot that found the fairway. This hole is a par 5 and I opted to hit a hybrid inside the 100 yd marker, knowing that was the wettest area, instead of hitting an iron. Mother nature got me again, the ball plugged and I couldn't find it. I have one more B330 and luckily it wasn't in my golf bag today.

The weather is going to be great later this week and the weekends looking like it will be decent. More testing with the B330 planned for this week. I thought about picking up a dozen today since the pro shop had them for $39.99, but didn't pull the trigger. I'll probably head that way next Sunday and snag a dozen more.

Been having some family stuff going on lately, so I wasn't able to get out for 18 this weekend. I was however, able to play a par 3 course near me. Its not the most well kept one ever, but it's tree-lined with some water and a few longer holes mixed in. We've had a lot of rain lately and the course surrounded by trees for most of it. Weather was low to mid 40s, with about 15 mph winds. Decided to game the RX exclusively this time out. On to the golf...

Hole 1: ~130 yards wind left to right. Chunked my PW to about 20 yards short of the green. Proceeded to chunk my pitch to just off the green in the rough. About a 20 foot chip. Ball checked up slightly and dropped into a roll. Ended 3 feet short of the hole for a tap in bogey.

Hole 2: ~85 yards to an island green, wind in my face. Tried to hit a choked down 52˚ on this and apparently got a little more aggressive than I thought, because I flew the green entirely. One RX down… Bummer. Took my medicine and went to the drop area. About a 15 yard pitch, with ~2/3 of the way over the rough. Bounced it on the fringe and was left with a 10 foot put for bogey. Not too hard as it was pretty flat. One putt bogey.

Hole 3: ~120 yards with a guarding pond in the front. Wind at my back. Flushed my 48˚ and flew the green. Flopped my 56˚ back up over the hill onto the green. Rolled out a few feet and left me an easy putt, inside 5 feet for par.

Hole 4: ~125 yards back into the wind. Hit the 48˚ as there is water long and I didn’t want to dunk another ball. Hit in the left rough just off the green. About a 40 foot long chip over a rise and back down to a lower tier. Got weak on it and left myself a 20 foot putt. Two putt bogey.

Hole 5: ~190 yards into the wind. Pulled my 3H left into the woods. If it hadn’t caught a branch, I I think it would have ended around pin high. Hard to say for sure. Punched out to the ‘fairway’ just off the front of the green. Shorted the chip, leaving me a 10 foot putt. Then shorted the putt. Double bogey. :banghead:

Hole 6: ~145 with the wind. Water behind the green with bunkers on either side. Hit a 9I, pulled it left (noticing a trend here…) into the trap. Pin was tucked in the back, and I was looking at about 3x the distance over the sand. Decided to play out to the right so I would be putting for sure. Ball came out of the sand perfect. Landed, checked and rolled out about 10 feet. Left me with a 15 foot putt for par. Two putt bogey.

Hole 7: ~170 into the wind. Hit my 5I to about 4 feet short of the green. Fatted my chip, barely getting it on the green. 2 putt bogey.

Hole 8: ~135 guarded by a pond on the front and right, with the wind. Hit my 48˚ to about 15 feet short of the pin for my only green of the day. Ball stopped about 4 feet from it’s pitch mark. Blew by the hole on my downhill putt. Sank it from 10 feet on the way back up. Par.

Hole 9: ~125, with a little less wind. Caught my 48˚ just a little bit fat. Ball landed left of the green and hit a rock that lines the creek to the left, kicking the ball about 30 yards out from the pin. Nasty, soupy lie. By far the worst of the day. A splash of mud in my face and I’m just off the green in the rough. Downhill, about 25 foot chip. Was tired of leaving them short so I got a little more aggressive. Great check and roll. Hit it past the hole about 8 feet. One putt bogey coming back up. After cleaning it off, I didn't notice any crazy scuffs on the ball. Just one little one.

So not the best day, but I was playing golf so I certainly won't complain. I think that the lefts were an alignment issue. I'll be looking into that at the range this week. I played off the grass except on holes 5 and 7, where I teed it up to make sure that I was getting all of the ball. Ball flight is about what I'm seeing with other balls. Didn't have a whole lot of movement in any of my shots left to right or vice versa. Only hole perpendicular to the wind was the first and I chunked the tee shot, so no good feedback there. I will say that I didn't have much trouble gauging the distance on any of my shots. Felt like I was hitting these about the same distance as I do my standard balls in the summer time. We'll see if it continues.

Around the green, I was seeing more check out of the RX than I had previously. The only issues I had were with me, not this ball. Any bad shot I had was a result of me chunking it or being a wuss. No ball can fix that. I felt that I could estimate distances fairly well when I was properly striking the ball. I was especially pleased with the flop shot on 3 as I recently dropped my 60˚... Putting was about average for me. I was kind of rushed on the course and I think that I could maybe drop one or two more than I did today if I really buckled down. I was more concerned about performance off the wedges today, to be completely honest.

Overall, I would say that the RX has closed the gap on the RXS for my favorite of these two. Don't know about the price yet... However if I keep seeing added performance, especially around the greens, I'll be seriously considering switching to one of the 330s as my standard gamer.

March 4th, 2012
Painted Desert Golf Club
EDPA Scramble
75* slight breeze and sunny

I had both the RX and RXS in play today as well as a few other for distance compariaons.
The 3 longest drives I hit today was with the RX 303, 298 and 292. All the drives were had fades down the middle and finished on the right side of the fairway or first cut. I played several low bullets with the RX as well.
I put the RXS in play when I need to add some hang time to my drives. For instance I needed the RXS on the 265yd par 4 over water. The ball hit the back left of the green and finished 15yards off the back. The RXS gave me a very high fall off the table fade. The greens were very hard so I knew I had no chance to holding the green but was looking for the height more than the stopping power.
I was also able to put the balls up against the optic yellow RX, PROV1 and Nike 20X1.
The optic was neck and neck with both off the tee. The Nike gave me a lower more piercing ball flight and the Penta gave me a mid ball flight but the distance from both was equal to the RX and RXS. The Nike did get more roll once it hit. The ProV1 gave me that high planner I was so used to but fell some 15 yards short of the RX. And 5 yds short of the RXS.
Solid struck balls didn't have a ton of movement but miss hits had more side spin and it was pronounced with the RXS.
I now have several rounds under my belt with the RX and RXS and they are pretty scuffed up but seem to still play well.
I used the RX and RXS exclusively on all approach shots and even with the hard greens the balls performed well. The RX released well when hit on the front of the green to run back to the pin and RXS was pinpoint when I needed a high spinner to get within 10'.
I have never had an issues with putting either ball. I made a lot of great putts with both. The compression is different by one number so unless you have fishing line sensitive hands, it's hard to tell the difference.

Nice review DD. Looks like we are all getting the wet stuff at the moment. Roll on the summer.

Ball: B330
Weather: Mid 80s, partly cloudy wind 5-10 mph (that’s right, be jealous haha)

Played 18 this weekend with mostly the B330 – some comparisons to B330S and Callaway Tour i(z).

The B330 for me was producing a lower, more penetrating, ball flight than I was getting with the B330S. The B330S was climbing too high and was costing me about 10 yards of distance throughout the whole bag. The B330 did not appear to climb as high and seemed to be on par distance wise with what I am used to. Even though the B330 was getting less spin I had no problem stopping approach shots and getting chips/pitches to check.

Off the driver and 3 wood I liked the performance I was getting with the B330. The feel on contact was solid, but not too solid to feel like a “rock”. I prefer the feel of this ball versus the callaway I have been playing recently. Ball flight was a penetrating flight, as the ball really seemed to cut through the air. I did not notice any ballooning, but the ball would definitely climb. Once the ball peaked and started to descend, it did not have as steep of an angle as the B330S did for me. This resulted in what appeared to be about 5 yards more carry and about 10 yards more roll. The B330 was similar in distance to the callaway for me and about 15-20 yards further the B330S. B330 appears to hold a pretty straight line and end up as more of a baby fade vs my normal fade. The B330 appeared to be about 5-10 yards closer to the starting point than the callaway was.

On approach shots, the B330 performed very well. Backed up a few PW’s about 2-4 feet. Spun back a 52* about 6-8 feet. 5 and 6 irons were releasing about 5 feet forward. 7,8, and 9 irons were pretty much staying where they landed. Distance wise the B330 was pretty even with the callaway and about 10-15 yards further than the B330S. Last week and the few shots I hit with the S this week, I really felt like I was coming up a club or two short. I felt like I hit a great shot and thought I would be all over the pin, only to land on the front of the green or just short of the green. When I struck the B330 and the callaway well, it would be right where I expected distance wise. I did have a few random B330 shots that went 10-15 yards past what I would have expected, but I would prob attribute that to the swing more than the ball. B330 felt good on contact, could feel like I was compressing the ball and felt like I would expect a premium ball to feel.

Around the green, the B330 (and B330S) was made for pinhunting. I have been really impressed with performance of these new bridgestones on chips and pitches. After hitting many short game shots with these balls, I get a little boost of confidence standing over them on the course. I feel bridgestone really has a winner with this ball in this aspect of the game. When chipping and pitching the ball will do what you want it to do. If you want to hit a low shot that will hop and then roll, you can do it. If you want to hit a high shot that will hop and check, you can do it. I found myself getting a little too aggressive on a couple shots and carrying about 5 feet too far, but the ball would check and leave me a 5-8 foot comebacker. While the B330 does not spin as much as the B330S, it is pretty close. The only shot I could notice a discernible difference was the low, hard, quick spinning pitch that I needed to keep below a tree and stop quickly. The B330S would hit once or twice and stop almost immediately while the B330 would hit once or twice and then roll a few feet. Both balls performed well, but if you absolutely had to stop the ball dead in its tracks the B330S would do it.

Putting I did not notice any real difference in performance between the B330, B330S, and the callaway. All three came off the face with about the same speed, held their line pretty well, and seemed to roll the same distance. The only thing that separates them on the putting green would be the sound/feel. The callaway feels a little harder and sounds a little more “clicky” than the bridgestones, and the B330 might have a slightly louder, more distinct, sound vs the B330S.

Overall, I am a fan of the B330 and still not a very big fan of the B330S. The B330 seemed to perform on par with, if not slightly better than, the callaway I am currently playing. Where the B330 would have the edge, and why it might just become my new gamer, is in the short game sound/feel and in the overall feel of the ball.

(Recurring theme) I really like the feel of this ball on contact. It just feels solid yet soft off the face of almost every club in my bag. Sound and feel are almost all mental, but golf is almost all mental. If I can get the same performance out of two golf balls, I am going to play the one that I like the sound and feel the best.

Wow, more great info guys...thanks for sharing. :D

Date: 3/4/2012
Ball Tested: Tour B330-RXS
Conditions: 40’s, 25mph wind, fairways soaked, greens firm

I played 9 holes with the RXS today until I lost it on number 10. The RXS performed well today.
3w: Hit some nice drives into the wind. The ball cuts through it with minimal ballooning. Best drive was on #7 with I hit a nice mid-trajectory bullet. Landed about 235 with 2ft roll.
Irons: Hit the irons okay today. I love how the ball launches off the face. I am able to control my distance with these better than some other balls I have played. When I hit a straight shot with these even against a left-right or right-left wind, these stay on line surprising well. I end up missing the green sometimes because I keeping thinking the wind will affect it more. Best shot was an 8i from 160, landed it on the slope I was aiming for and rolled back to the hole and left me an 8ft birdie putt which I was able to convert.
Wedges: The ball really shined here today. I hit my PW and 52 pretty close today. Average distance was about 12ft. Most shots were 1 bounce and stop. That is impressive since our greens are still pretty young and firm.
Putting: I really love putting with this ball. My speed is spot on. My misses now are more from not reading the putt right than not having the correct speed.
For the rest of my round I used the 2011 RXS. I could tell a difference. I lost a touch of feel from the putter and also they were more affected by the wind.
I have one RX and RXS left, so I am going to keep them to use on the chipping and putting greens so I can give more feedback without losing them.

I was able to get back out this weekend and put the B330 and B330S back into play. The more I play with these two models, the more I am leaning toward the B330 (I was previously gaming the B330S). I have previously been testing these balls with various shots around the greens, but have wanted to put them into play more often and compare results from actual rounds.

Like others have mentioned recently, the B330 really provides a penetrating flight off of the tee. For me and my game, if I get off of the tee consistently then my game seems to shine. The little less spin that is offered with the B330 as compared to the B330S, seems to help me off of the tee. I have noticed a little increase in length with the B330 as comapred to last year's and this year's B330S model. The little less spin with the B330 as compared to the B330S around the greens is negligible for me. After playing this weekend, I went out and bought a box of the B330 model, I was down to only one of the test B330 balls left anyway.

All in all, both of these balls continue to perform impressively well.

Back