Nippon - NS Pro MODUS3

Im not sure. When I hit these, I liked them, but they were nothing special to me. Just one man's opinion, but I greatly preferred both KBS and PX to the Nippon.

Im not sure. When I hit these, I liked them, but they were nothing special to me. Just one man's opinion, but I greatly preferred both KBS and PX to the Nippon.

that's not enough to stop Yoccos from getting these haha

Thanks dude, I just know you've hit these before. It's definitely not my Paul Casey fandom that has me curious haha. You feel like the other shafts just were smoother?

that's not enough to stop Yoccos from getting these haha

Be quiet you!!!!!! It's about the information Deano. Lightweight, with a mid launch, mid spin which is easy to control (from TC's friend)... Seems like a good mix haha. Again, I'm going to hit these at some point soon... but I dont know if I'm crazy enough to just put them in without some hard evidence. I'm already 95% sure I'm going CB and want a shaft I know fires on all cylinders so I can slice you up Dean haha.

Thanks dude, I just know you've hit these before. It's definitely not my Paul Casey fandom that has me curious haha. You feel like the other shafts just were smoother?

Yes, the KBS line felt 10x better to me and the PX and KBS Tours gave me better ball flight overall.

Yes, the KBS line felt 10x better to me and the PX and KBS Tours gave me better ball flight overall.

Thanks dude!!!!

Could you elaborate on better ball flight?

Could you elaborate on better ball flight?

Yes. The Nippon shafts were not mid-flight to me but relatively high hitting and bordering on too high.

Yes. The Nippon shafts were not mid-flight to me but relatively high hitting and bordering on too high.

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I have enough info to cross these off my list.

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I have enough info to cross these off my list.

:at-wits-end: ( I kid)

Some good feedback there too...

After this weekend I'm even more on the hardcore pondering. If Chunky would'nt have undercut me on the bidding I'd be able to put one in an iron I have waiting.

After this weekend I'm even more on the hardcore pondering. If Chunky would'nt have undercut me on the bidding I'd be able to put one in an iron I have waiting.
That guys is such a jerk. You need steel shafts anyway.

That guys is such a jerk. You need steel shafts anyway.

I can't believe Chunkles. He has everything and TMEx has very little. Yet he needed to drive Tmex to the ground. I'm gonna destroy and him and Cookles.

LOL I wonder if Chunky ever got his?

I thought I would update my thoughts some more.

These are by far the best shafts I have ever used. I don't know if all I needed was a breaking in period but they offer the best of all worlds for me. I hit a really, really high ball with them. But they don't balloon like other shafts do. I get a nice amount of spin coming into the greens and the wind doesn't hold hold them up too bad. I liken it ot when I was hitting S300's a while back.

Control:
I can hit the ball really high as a stock shot or I have complete control to punch the Casey out of a ball from any spot. I'm able to flight these low with ease. I must admit, at first I wasn't really hitting them as awell as I am now. The ballflight was a lot lower and now they've seemed to really take flight. HA.

Feel:
Very subjective but I reckon they feel like KBS and PX got together to have a baby. Stepless bottom half with a step like top half. The 115g is a fantastic weight. I don't know if I ever want to deviate unless I have too.

I don't know, I'm kinda in love with these shafts right now. I might pull them to put into my J40's but I'm not sure.

LOL I wonder if Chunky ever got his?

I thought I would update my thoughts some more.

These are by far the best shafts I have ever used. I don't know if all I needed was a breaking in period but they offer the best of all worlds for me. I hit a really, really high ball with them. But they don't balloon like other shafts do. I get a nice amount of spin coming into the greens and the wind doesn't hold hold them up too bad. I liken it ot when I was hitting S300's a while back.

Control:
I can hit the ball really high as a stock shot or I have complete control to punch the Casey out of a ball from any spot. I'm able to flight these low with ease. I must admit, at first I wasn't really hitting them as awell as I am now. The ballflight was a lot lower and now they've seemed to really take flight. HA.

Feel:
Very subjective but I reckon they feel like KBS and PX got together to have a baby. Stepless bottom half with a step like top half. The 115g is a fantastic weight. I don't know if I ever want to deviate unless I have too.

I don't know, I'm kinda in love with these shafts right now. I might pull them to put into my J40's but I'm not sure.

I appreciate the update Tmex. I went back and forth about sticking these in the J40's for the MC but with no chance to hit them I went KBS. Any idea why it took so long to get comfortable with them?

I appreciate the update Tmex. I went back and forth about sticking these in the J40's for the MC but with no chance to hit them I went KBS. Any idea why it took so long to get comfortable with them?

I'm not sure man. I think it could have been more of a mental approach. I was trying so hard to smooth everything but rather than smoothing, I was holding back. Once I got comfortable with the shafts, I just started taking normal cuts and I probably loaded the shaft a lot better. They're a bit on the stiff side but its what I need. Once I got back from Myrtle and put these into play, I was pleasantly surprised at the difference in ballflight from when i first used them. I like a high ball as long as it's because I'm not spinning the crap out of the ball lol.

I also feel like having the driver shaft I have, I can't really hold back so to speak. It just moved to my iron game as well.

Good stuff Tmex. I've really taken to the Nippon shafts. I like the 950, 1050 and 1150 (depending on which clubhead is affixed to them) and have yet to hit the Modus3 or Super Peening line. I'm getting amped for an opportunity.

Good stuff Tmex. I've really taken to the Nippon shafts. I like the 950, 1050 and 1150 (depending on which clubhead is affixed to them) and have yet to hit the Modus3 or Super Peening line. I'm getting amped for an opportunity.

I don't think you'll be disappointed! I have the 1050's from the ZStars and I quite liked that shaft. The Modus is a different beast altogether but my favorite to date.

I get the sense they don't get much talk but I also know that it seems like I hear another golfer take to the Modus everytime I look. I've never tried the Super Peening line. Heard of it though!

I am installing these into my VR Pro Combo's over the weekend to try to get my spin down on my irons (tour concept is higher spin). I'll post here my results after my first round either saturday or monday.

I wonder what kind of ball flight I'd get with these vs my Hard Stepped Stiff Ping CFS......interesting

Modus3

Modus3

I have been a long time DGS300 user. Getting older and having problems with my right elbow I decided to try the Modus3 Stiff in my 7 iron. I also bought and extra 7 iron and I have it shafted with a Nippon super peening blue in stiff. I played last three rounds in thepast 5 days with a short range session before each round. So far I like the modus, very smooth and I can work the ball. Distance was a tough call as I played in pretty windy conditions each day. Dispersion was surprisingly good for a light shaft. This week I plan on getting on the trackman. I have never been fitted for irons except for lie and also by ping years ago. I have played/tried the following shafts inthe past 8 years:

PX satin soft stepped once – not bad in some old TM 300 forged heads, smooth good distance but still went back to DG

Tour Concepts X100 soft stepped – in TM Miura CB’s -never wasconsistent.

Back to DGS300 in a set of MP-37’s

PX5.5 Chrome in a set of MP57/67 Combo’s – I tried like hell to like these for three years, good flight, short distance, very harsh feel. Nothing like the old satins IMO.

Back to DGS300’s in a set of JPX Pro’s, tried C-taper S soft stepped once, good feel but felt stiff, should have tried the R+. Put the DGs300’s back in.

Now to DGS300’s in a set of Cobra S3 pro forged, I love these heads – best deal I have gotten on a set of irons.

So here is my plan for my Thursday's fitting session:
1-Make sure that my plus ½ inch is still proper for me
2-Head to head test of the Modus3 and SPB in my 7 ironheads.
3-Fitters recommendations
4- Shafts I would hope to try:
Modus 3 Xsoft stepped once
C-Taper
KBS Tour
Steel Fiber110

I will post my results after the fitting. My objective is to find a shaft that feels smooth, lighter than DGS300 with decent dispersion.

Sorry about the long post.

I am installing these into my VR Pro Combo's over the weekend to try to get my spin down on my irons (tour concept is higher spin). I'll post here my results after my first round either saturday or monday.

Did you get a chance to take these out??? Hoping they worked well for you!

I wonder what kind of ball flight I'd get with these vs my Hard Stepped Stiff Ping CFS......interesting

That'd definitely be interesting. I get a pretty high ballflight out of these, especially in the long irons which surprised me.

AK, your testing looks like a whole lot of fun!!!!! Can't wait to see the results.

So I ebayed a brand new Adams a4 Forged 6 iron the other day for a whole 12 dollars. I'm thinking of getting it shafted with a Modus 3 to see if I like the feel or not. I'm not planning to get Rid of my i20s with CFS anytime soon, but if I go outside of Ping I want to find something comparable, as DG's are too low and KBS too eractic for me.

So I ebayed a brand new Adams a4 Forged 6 iron the other day for a whole 12 dollars. I'm thinking of getting it shafted with a Modus 3 to see if I like the feel or not. I'm not planning to get Rid of my i20s with CFS anytime soon, but if I go outside of Ping I want to find something comparable, as DG's are too low and KBS too eractic for me.

I need to double check but I think Golfsmith still might have these at 40% off. IF they do Im probably getting a set for my J40 CB's and one for my 51* wedge.

Haha I love when old threads get bumped and you see the comments you missed. Freaking Dean starting things. Tmex I'm pondering these for some reason now

Back