Indianapolis to release Manning on Wed 3/7/12

Agree with that.

How soon do you guys think Peyton will make a decision on where he goes (assuming he doesn't retire)? I think it will be soon so teams can do what they need to do in free agency. It isn't like he and his agent got blindsided by this so they have been doing their homework already....

I think it will be a few weeks.

Oh you darn guys.

Kevin

No way does Manning go to the Jets. Just don't see that ever happening. Washington either unless he sells out to Snyder for a huge chunk of change...

This is as big a travesty as the Hershel Walker deal was years ago. The Colts have Peyton Manning AND the #1 pick... GET SOME VALUE!!!!

MORONS!!!!

Somehow I think it is unfair they are releasing him...

Tappin!

This is as big a travesty as the Hershel Walker deal was years ago. The Colts have Peyton Manning AND the #1 pick... GET SOME VALUE!!!!

MORONS!!!!

Manning is a Free Agent bro...........Colts have no say.

I understand the business but if something happens to Luck and the Colts stay in the hole for the next 5 years $28 million won't seem like a bad deal.

How many millions has Manning brought to the Colts and Indy? How much will they lose if the Colts go in the hole for the next 5 years.

As a Titans fan I can tell you after VY how long 5 years feels. It's not a good feeling.

Wow, all this coming right after Indy had such an awesome SB experience in their town. It would be hard to be a Colts fan right now.

It would be hard to be a Colts fan right now.

It is hard to be a Indy fan. I wished Peyton could stay, but they apparently think Luck will work better. I'm not quite on the Luck train right now. I have a feeling the next 3-5 years are going to be a long haul! I will still route for Peyton where ever he ends up.

I dont think its that Luck will work better thats hard to say about a rookie when Manning is an all time great. Its more about timing and the time is now to move on from Manning and draft the next franchise QB who they hope will be even some what close to as good as Manning was for 14 years. You dont pass up on a franchise QB when the one you have is coming off major surgery and 36 years old. Even when he's Peyton Manning.

Tough day for Colts fans. Hope both parties end up better for it.

Big skim here, but I hope he takes his talents to "Souf Beach" and plays for the Dolphins :D

I now think he will be taking his services to Denver.

I am a Fins fan, and I hope he does not go there. We've already wasted so many picks and cash on great but damaged QB's such as Trent Green, Daunte Culpepper, and Chad Pennington. Do we really want another invalid? No matter how great he is? I see him getting knocked out by the second game of the season.

I am a Fins fan, and I hope he does not go there. We've already wasted so many picks and cash on great but damaged QB's such as Trent Green, Daunte Culpepper, and Chad Pennington. Do we really want another invalid? No matter how great he is? I see him getting knocked out by the second game of the season.

He is better than anything else you've got right now

I believe Miami, Arizona, and Seattle are the best teams for a quarterback like Manning.

I just dont see him going to Denver or any cold climate outdoor type place.

I hope he goes to the Redskins

If he wants to win another super bowl before he retires he will not go to the Redskins or Seattle. Arizona would be a good fit for him, but many sources say he WILL NOT go to an NFC team because he doesn't want to compete against his brother for a super bowl spot in the NFC.

A little nugget.

The Skins and Seahawks have like 36 million dollars in cap room and Denver has over 40 million!

A little nugget.

The Skins and Seahawks have like 36 million dollars in cap room and Denver has over 40 million!

Chiefs have around 25 mil after tagging Bowe so they can afford him too.

I could see him going to the chiefs. Decent run game, decent defense. Their QB struggles have been what has held them back the most over the last couple years

I could see him going to the chiefs. Decent run game, decent defense. Their QB struggles have been what has held them back the most over the last couple years
That was my gut feeling until I read that article. I had no idea Pioli was such a control freak.

That was my gut feeling until I read that article. I had no idea Pioli was such a control freak.
Carl Peterson wasn't any better. Seems like the kind of GM that the Chiefs like to hire.

The guys neck was bad. He had 2 neck surgeries, the first did not work. In my opinion if he had anything left, Indy would have kept him to mentor Luck. It would have been ideal.

The guys neck was bad. He had 2 neck surgeries, the first did not work. In my opinion if he had anything left, Indy would have kept him to mentor Luck. It would have been ideal.

he actually had 4 neck surgeries. I think he has some left in the tank. It was just a tough circumstance. I can't blame the Colts at all for letting him go.

Back