Dent in the face of my driver!

Clarkey

Reaction score
Handicap
So yday I played my first round of the year and on he 3rd while waiting to tee off I notices that I had a dent in the face of my r9 460! It's not huge but it towards the toe! Iv only had this driver a year. Bought new! Do you think this could be why iv been having a loss of yardage?? Could it be new driver time already??

If the face of the driver is damaged then yes you will lose distance. If it effects the trampoline effect off the face then the driver won't be exerting as much energy into the ball.

If the face of the driver is damaged then yes you will lose distance. If it effects the trampoline effect off the face then the driver won't be exerting as much energy into the ball.

I agree. May be time for something new.

Best excuse I've heard so far to go get some new toy!

It happens sometimes. The clubface thickness of drivers nowdays is so thin that its not all that uncommon for them to crack or dent.
If you are noticing a distance loss then thats probably the cause and it would be a great excuse to buy a new driver.
BTW, dont let this sway you into not wanting another TM driver. Ive seen it happen to Callaway, Nike, Ping, Titleist and Mizuno drivers too.

For sure the only thing you should do is take a day off work on Monday and head straight to your local shop and get a new one!:act-up:

*With fist pumping in the air* NEW ONE, NEW ONE, NEW ONE!!! Gotta love the new metal!

Too bad, but hey - there are lots of sweet drivers out there!

If you bought it new, Taylor Made is good about holding up their warranty and replacing it for you. I would get ahold of them or the store you bought it from.

If you bought it new, Taylor Made is good about holding up their warranty and replacing it for you. I would get ahold of them or the store you bought it from.

+1 for contacting TM

Taylormade should take care of it for you.

Wow I'm sorry to hear that. TM has been awesome at replacing, my buddy had it happen twice and they gave him the newer model of his current driver.

I actually swung UNDER a ball yesterday, and dented the TOP of my Mizuno JPX-800. I'm so upset, that driver has been so good to me.

I would contact TM.... they are really good about replacing them....you might even get an upgrade if they don't have a comparable model to replace it with.

Well I took my driver back to the shop today and they have sent it back to Taylormade! The rep looked at it and said teu might send me a replacement or potentially a new one! Fingers crossed! What do you think the odds of Me getting something new??

I think they will look after you but not knowing if they have R9 heads sitting about or how generous they are then its difficult to speculate however there is always a chance of getting something new. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that they are nice enough to send you an RBZ or R11 driver :act-up:! Keep us posted

I'll keep you all in the know should know by next week!

So the shop have finaly been back on the phone today!!!

Taylormade have offered me a brand new Driver from the RBZ range or i can put the extra money towards the r11s!!!

Now i have a real dilema!!!!

Do i go hit the rbz rangge and the 11s to see what works best for me??

Or do i go for a driver fit hit everything buy what works best then sell the free RBZ???

I spoke to the owner of the shop Who i have been having lesson from believes that the RBZ tour will be the best for my swing from the rbz range!

But he did say teh 11s will take some beating???

thoughts and help??

im off to the shop this afternoon!!!

So yday I played my first round of the year and on he 3rd while waiting to tee off I notices that I had a dent in the face of my r9 460! It's not huge but it towards the toe! Iv only had this driver a year. Bought new! Do you think this could be why iv been having a loss of yardage?? Could it be new driver time already??

Take it to a golf shop and have them send it back to TaylorMade. TM will send you a new R11s more than likely. (I work at a golf shop and we do this sort of thing on a monthly basis)

That's awesome. Glad taylormade came through for you.

Take it to a golf shop and have them send it back to TaylorMade. TM will send you a new R11s more than likely. (I work at a golf shop and we do this sort of thing on a monthly basis)

Good skimming.

agreed 100%, only issue I have ever seen was when my buddy tried to return a used r11 3w he bought off globalgolf that the face dented. They wouldnt do anything cause the serial number showed it was a tour head.

Well i have just got back from the fitting and im the proud owner of a new taylormade driver.

We stated off with the rbz in stock stiff 9* it felt good but i was spinning it in the high 4000s

The fitter then said we should try the tour version which had a deeper face which should help drop the spin along with a few shaft options to help bring it down.

my best numbers (average) with the 9* with the xcon 6 were as follows as close as i can remember!

ss 106
ball speed 158
smash factor 1.48
launch 14
spin 3000ish
total 266

All with baby draws.

I did hit a few over the 275 mark with a smash factor of 1.53 being the highest smash factor.

We then put the HD6 in to try and lower the spin but to be honest there was very little in it and he said that with a few lessons i would be able to help my angle of attack and lower my spin.

So far the winner is the rbz tour 9* with the xcon 6.

Then I hit the r11s with the rip phenom. There wasnt a great improvement from the rbz and my dispersions wasnt as good as the rbz. I did snot one out to 296 with the 11s but it just wasnt as good in the accuracy department.

i know my spin was abit high along with the spin so we used the fct to lower a degree and bang perfect.

All in all i am very pleased with my purchase and even better its all free.

now i just need to splash out on a vdr in white to top the look off.

Well i have just got back from the fitting and im the proud owner of a new taylormade driver.

We stated off with the rbz in stock stiff 9* it felt good but i was spinning it in the high 4000s

The fitter then said we should try the tour version which had a deeper face which should help drop the spin along with a few shaft options to help bring it down.

my best numbers (average) with the 9* with the xcon 6 were as follows as close as i can remember!

ss 106
ball speed 158
smash factor 1.48
launch 14
spin 3000ish
total 266

All with baby draws.

I did hit a few over the 275 mark with a smash factor of 1.53 being the highest smash factor.

We then put the HD6 in to try and lower the spin but to be honest there was very little in it and he said that with a few lessons i would be able to help my angle of attack and lower my spin.

So far the winner is the rbz tour 9* with the xcon 6.

Then I hit the r11s with the rip phenom. There wasnt a great improvement from the rbz and my dispersions wasnt as good as the rbz. I did snot one out to 296 with the 11s but it just wasnt as good in the accuracy department.

i know my spin was abit high along with the spin so we used the fct to lower a degree and bang perfect.

All in all i am very pleased with my purchase and even better its all free.

now i just need to splash out on a vdr in white to top the look off.

Good choice I would totally went with accuracy over distance. Good to see TM stand by their stuff.

Just hit one off the toe on my 2016 TM M1 and looked at the club face after my shot to confirm where I hit it, I immediately noticed there was an indentation in the toe section of the face where the ball hit. I played the rest of my round, didn't really notice any difference in Drives but am worried the dent will effect it long term. I did just buy this used at Golf galaxy. It was in pristine condition when I purchased it. Do you think there is any way TM will replace this for me?

I am not strong enough to damage a club face

I am not strong enough to damage a club face
I didn't think I was but just got one out of the toe and it seems to have slightly indented the toe area of the club. My ss is only 110. Do you think TM will replace if I bought it "used" at golf galaxy?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Back