aefdc4bf-d635-60f8.jpg

They look so lonely without their brothers...hurry and get here little bros!!!

A pic... with shaft stickers still on... That Just Happened!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Sure is a lot of money sitting there! Very cool pics man!

Is this the guy who was in i20 denial on the irons just a week ago! Or was that COLTHARRIS? Looks like we are going down together buddy. Just got my tax refund, hitting demo day today and gonna order i20 driver, 5W and hybrid. Also gettin a couple Answer wedges (idea for you).

Congrats - think you are gonna be real happy. Is that a 3W and 20* hybrid there BTW? Still noodling 3W or 5W myself.

aefdc4bf-d635-60f8.jpg

Last edited:
Wow is all I have time to say. Just got back from a phenomenal range session this morning. Just had a great time with these irons. Still learning my distances though. Very excited to get these on the course. I don't want to sound too enthusiastic so I will just say wow.

Did not hit, but got the chance to hold these in person today. Starting to understand what the hype is about.

- Great look at address
- Perfect club head size, not too small and not too big
- Stock grip even felt really good

Overall, just a very very nice looking package that makes you just want to go hit golf balls. Nice offering that looks like it could be had at a decent price.

Is this the guy who was in i20 denial on the irons just a week ago! Or was that COLTHARRIS? Looks like we are going down together buddy. Just got my tax refund, hitting demo day today and gonna order i20 driver, 5W and hybrid. Also gettin a couple Answer wedges (idea for you).

Congrats - think you are gonna be real happy. Is that a 3W and 20* hybrid there BTW? Still noodling 3W or 5W myself.

15* 3W and 20* hybrid. A bit of a gap maybe but I don't really care to waste wedge space in my bag on more 220+ yards out clubs.

aefdc4bf-d635-60f8.jpg

Who needs white clubs, when you have these bad boys? Those are gorgeous.

aefdc4bf-d635-60f8.jpg

Beautiful beautiful picture!!

Ok all you guys, it's your fault! I've been playing MP-52 irons for 3 years. Wanted to play forged irons one more time before I thought I would get too old. Absolutely love those clubs. Won a lot of tournaments playing them. After reading Golf Digest's club review article, I started to think maybe it was time to replace them. To shorten the story, I came down to Titleist AP-1 and i20. I went to local retailer today and checked out both to take to the range for a try.

I did some short chip shots with both to get a feel for that. Both felt pretty good in that area. After getting into full swing mode, I could not wait to hit the i20 first. It took a couple of shots to dial her in but was in love with it from the start. Great look, great weight, great feel and the ball just jumped off the face. I almost did to want to hit the Titleist iron but I did. I am so glad that I tested them side by side to get a true test. The Titleist AP-1 might be a great iron for someone not used to looking at smaller clubs or instant feedback from a shot but it's not for me.

The i20 is everything I hoped it would be. Great feel and distance! I hit the i20 7 iron farther than the AP-1 6 iron with a better ball flight. I bet I it 40 balls inside a pretty tight pattern. I could draw the ball, hit straight (not a good fade person) high, low....just incredible!

I went back to retailer to get fitted. I'm a standard fit which is good. Too bad the we're sold out so the order was placed. I am so pumped to use these. Playing tomorrow for the last time with the MP's but will keep them for good memories. Please feel free to PM me if you have questions about my range visit. These clubs are the real deal. I believe a mid handicapper can play these. They are that forgiving.

Thanks to all of you for your comments on this site about this product!

Congrats Crimtide! You go with the stock CFS shafts then?

Ok all you guys, it's your fault! I've been playing MP-52 irons for 3 years. Wanted to play forged irons one more time before I thought I would get too old. Absolutely love those clubs. Won a lot of tournaments playing them. After reading Golf Digest's club review article, I started to think maybe it was time to replace them. To shorten the story, I came down to Titleist AP-1 and i20. I went to local retailer today and checked out both to take to the range for a try.

I did some short chip shots with both to get a feel for that. Both felt pretty good in that area. After getting into full swing mode, I could not wait to hit the i20 first. It took a couple of shots to dial her in but was in love with it from the start. Great look, great weight, great feel and the ball just jumped off the face. I almost did to want to hit the Titleist iron but I did. I am so glad that I tested them side by side to get a true test. The Titleist AP-1 might be a great iron for someone not used to looking at smaller clubs or instant feedback from a shot but it's not for me.

The i20 is everything I hoped it would be. Great feel and distance! I hit the i20 7 iron farther than the AP-1 6 iron with a better ball flight. I bet I it 40 balls inside a pretty tight pattern. I could draw the ball, hit straight (not a good fade person) high, low....just incredible!

I went back to retailer to get fitted. I'm a standard fit which is good. Too bad the we're sold out so the order was placed. I am so pumped to use these. Playing tomorrow for the last time with the MP's but will keep them for good memories. Please feel free to PM me if you have questions about my range visit. These clubs are the real deal. I believe a mid handicapper can play these. They are that forgiving.

Thanks to all of you for your comments on this site about this product!

Yup, I hear ya. After another session today with the Ping fitter, I am locked into the 18* FW and 23* hybrid, leaving a gap I also think I can deal with. Congrats on the whole set. Just curious: you gonna keep the 910 D2 around or sell her off?

15* 3W and 20* hybrid. A bit of a gap maybe but I don't really care to waste wedge space in my bag on more 220+ yards out clubs.

Amazing. Thread reaches 100 pages and testers haven't even received their irons yet for testing.

Congrats Crimtide. Playing mine for 3rd time tomorrow. Was able to get a bit of range time today to get more familiar. Great sticks.

TapAhoy!

Wow is all I have time to say. Just got back from a phenomenal range session this morning. Just had a great time with these irons. Still learning my distances though. Very excited to get these on the course. I don't want to sound too enthusiastic so I will just say wow.

Those distances will come chucky with time. I tried reading this whole thread but too much banter. What is your predominate ball flight and shot shape, your go to shot?
You mentioned fighting some shots. Are you able to hit the low bullets and mid flight frozen ropes?

Alright, i'm convinced that these irons are for me. I'm going to go back to EW today and creep on the i20's some more. I hit the i20's so well, I don't know if I want to even try the g20's. We shall see.

Congrats crimetide!

Looking forward to the testers reviews! Haven't received mine yet, it's been a long 7 days.... =|
Pondering wedges to go with these though, vokeys or ansers.

Yup, I hear ya. After another session today with the Ping fitter, I am locked into the 18* FW and 23* hybrid, leaving a gap I also think I can deal with. Congrats on the whole set. Just curious: you gonna keep the 910 D2 around or sell her off?

I was gonna sell all my Titleist woods and hybrid but I have a soldier under me who plays golf but is really poor due to a family problem right now. I let him have them because his clubs were in a terribly bad way.

I was gonna sell all my Titleist woods and hybrid but I have a soldier under me who plays golf but is really poor due to a family problem right now. I let him have them because his clubs were in a terribly bad way.

Nice gesture bud!

Taptaptap!

That's really cool of you Colt.

I still think the i10s are the best looking irons ping has ever released.

+1 can't agree more. Saw them in person, amazing

I felt the same way until I saw these. I though the 10's were the best I series i'd hit until these too. These are something special.

-1. Looks like crap. My cousin wanted to give me his old i10s. But said no, wouldn't game them unless I had absolutely no other choice.

Taptaptap!

Freaking rough ball striking day today. Started this morning at the range. Just couldn't hit the ball well. My swing was off by just a little and I couldn't correct it. Got to the course and it remained that way for almost the entire round. The great thing is that even though I didn't strike the ball well, I still got around a tough course in 82. My misses were manageable. I was hitting everything fat. After yesterdays great range session I was so disappointed. But I have to say if I played todays round with the Pro Combos, I would have been in the 90's. No doubt. Some shots that were really off the toe today ended up on the green and putting for birdie. After about 5 holes I just started playing for the fat shot and over clubbed for the rest of the round. That worked well for me. REally liked chipping with the W today as well. Nice and easy. I hit a few fat with my 52 so I started using the W and it stopped the fat pitches and chips.

Back