Star Trek Influence on Golf Gear

acessence

Reaction score
Handicap
Just a random topic, I was thinking of when i was looking at all of the new putters this evening online. Is it just me or is star trek making a comeback, and really influencing these new putter designs, or are golfers also just big Trekkies.

Random I know, let me know whatcha think, I put a collage of photos together, just for some examples between star trek and some newer putters, as well as an actual star trek putter that poped up on google

startrekputters.jpg

Last edited:
If a horrible science fiction program is influencing and the source of inspiration for certain equipment manufacturers, remind me to never buy their equipment ever again.

If a horrible science fiction program is influencing and the source of inspiration for certain equipment manufacturers, remind me to never buy their equipment ever again.

A horrible science fiction program? Oh, man, I feel sorry for you.

Live long and prosper.

Kevin

Live long and prosper.

Kevin

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I am awaiting a line of people wanting to put me into a Vulcan death grip.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I am awaiting a line of people wanting to put me into a Vulcan death grip.

Not liking Star Trek is a personality defect.

I've often thought putter designs were influenced by the Enterprise.

Kevin

I would totally game the USS Enterprise putter!!

I would totally game the USS Enterprise putter!!

hahahahahaha, Plus one dude, plus one!! I only see one problem though, I think its frowned upon ejecting the warp core on the greens.....lol

Ummm, shouldn't the hull number on the Golfsmith version be NCC-1701-G? Also wouldn't be too worried about the warp core...looks like they've already separated the saucer section. :alien:

Live long and prosper.
I'm glad you said something first....man, what is this world coming to?

ar120242712226065.jpg

Id say its safe to draw a correlation between Star Trek and some of the bigger mallet putters. As far as the comment about Star Trek in general: wow, remind me not to feel sorry for you when the nerds show up at your door with torches and pitchforks.

Ummm, shouldn't the hull number on the Golfsmith version be NCC-1701-G? Also wouldn't be too worried about the warp core...looks like they've already separated the saucer section. :alien:

Good catch stryper.

I had a Mini-T once. Gotta say I never thought anything unusual of it.

The level of nerd in this thread is too much for me too keep up with.

Two reasons for this:

1) A lot of those people who grew up watching Star Trek are now designing golf clubs and are pulling their influences into their craft.

2) Nerds buy nerd stuff.

Two reasons for this:

1) A lot of those people who grew up watching Star Trek are now designing golf clubs and are pulling their influences into their craft.

2) Nerds buy nerd stuff.

LOL, great post and I can't agree more. Needs a nerd alert spoiler tag. Rep added

Two reasons for this:

2) Nerds buy nerd stuff.

Rep added.

wow golf putter designs just started .........World War 3:Battle of the Trekkies

Not liking Star Trek is a personality defect.

I've often thought putter designs were influenced by the Enterprise.

Kevin

What if you have never seen them? I'm 30 and I think the last time I watched StarTrek I was very little. Have never seen any of the remakes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What if you have never seen them? I'm 30 and I think the last time I watched StarTrek I was very little. Have never seen any of the remakes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Then I'd say it's time to start filling a major hole in your life.

Beam me up, Scotty.

Kevin

Then I'd say it's time to start filling a major hole in your life.

Beam me up, Scotty.

Kevin

Well said Kevin! Tell Siri to "beam me up" and she has some funny answers for you...lol

Yeah I would game that putter....and if anybody was beating me I would take em down with photon torpedoes!

Well....yeah. Do you seriously want some dumb jock designing your golf clubs? Thats the thing about nerds: people make fun of them in high school but then the nerds are the one who grow up to make all the money and have all the coolest stuff.
When I think back to people I went to school with, the, "cool kids" who partied every weekend are the ones who are pennyless losers who drink their paychecks away and the people who they picked on and tormented are the ones who actually are doing something with their lives and are making good money doing something they enjoy.

I want

I don't see how Nerd Trek has anything to do with golf. I'd comment further but my kids are wiping up koolaid with my Yoda t-shirt and the dog is draggin around one of my R2-D2 slippers. KCM

My friends have been calling my spider "the enterprise" for a while now.

Back