Titleist 910F vs 910Fd? Thoughts?

eelric92

Reaction score
Handicap
This subject might have been discussed to death before in the past, but what are your guys thoughts? I'm demoing a 910F right now, but I think I'm going to switch to an Fd. I don't hit my 3-wood off the tee box a lot (only when I'm having a terrible day with my driver), but I could use something that launches lower because I'm a high hitter. Thoughts?

This subject might have been discussed to death before in the past, but what are your guys thoughts? I'm demoing a 910F right now, but I think I'm going to switch to an Fd. I don't hit my 3-wood off the tee box a lot (only when I'm having a terrible day with my driver), but I could use something that launches lower because I'm a high hitter. Thoughts?

Man the 910 fairways are awesome. IMO the only reason to go with the FD over the F is if you are hitting it mainly from the tee. The FD is a deeper faced 3W and is basically made to be a mini driver off the tee box. The F would be more useful off the deck. If I were in your situation I would get the F and then look at lowering your flight with the shaft choice

I have not personally hit the Fd, but I do have the 15* F and really don't think I could ask for better performance. As others mentioned, the F is better off the deck. Get fitted for a lower launching shaft and it should be a nice package for you.

I have the 13.5 FD. Fantastic driving wood! It's as not easy to hit off the deck as the F. That being said, I use it primarily on shorter pars 4 off the tee. I recently bought a 910H so my 910FD and 910F will generally only see use off the tee from here on out.

I have a 15* FD and love it. I do mainly use it off the tee. While I can hit it decent off the deck it isn't the easiest to hit and you need some good swing speed. I would suggest you get the F. Perhaps you can use adjust it to lower your ball flight.

I went to GG today and swung the 910F. Sweet feel to this club. Launch monitor had my averages @ 235-240 carry with maybe another 10 yards of roll. I take it with a grain of salt but it did feel like I was putting some good wood on it! I need to find the funds to get one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree with the trending answers above. I also have the F, primarily because I use it as a fairway much more than I use it from the tee box.
I like the different shaft suggestion above for the F if you truly need a lower trajectory.

Last edited:
I've hit both and I can honestly say I like the FD, mainly because I like using my 3W off the tee for doglegs and tight par 4's and 5's. Buy the F if you need an all around fairway wood, but if you have a long hybrid (I have a 2H) that long hybrid will make up for any shortcomings in the FD.

From what time I spent with them, the F is a nice stick. But that FD is just a freak'n cannon!! However, I had a hard time hitting it off the deck. If they weren't so expensive, you should bag them both!

I went with the f as it has more versatility. I can hit tee or fw with it. I find that the larger head is deffinity easier to hit off the tee but digs in the fw. These are really good clubs as many have stated. The shaft options should be able to fix any launch issues. Silky smooth these clubs are

The versatility of the F is hard to beat. That said, I have the f-d because I use it off the tee a lot more than I do off the deck.

Thanks for all of your answers! I'll probably go with the 910F because of its versatility. Like I said in the beginning, I really want to avoid using a 3-wood off the tee box unless I'm having a terrible "driver day." And if you guys don't mind answering, have any of you Titleist owners stripped your shafts yet? I heard that the adjustable hosel at the end is quite fragile :S

they look very nice but ive never really got the chance to actually swing it

Thanks for all of your answers! I'll probably go with the 910F because of its versatility. Like I said in the beginning, I really want to avoid using a 3-wood off the tee box unless I'm having a terrible "driver day." And if you guys don't mind answering, have any of you Titleist owners stripped your shafts yet? I heard that the adjustable hosel at the end is quite fragile :S

From what I have read about clubs that have an adjustable shaft/hosel is that if you continuously change the settings that it will weaken them and increase the chance of them braking. Find a setting that works and don't change it. I imagine that constant changes wouldn't help your game much either.

I have one, I can ship to Canada, send me a PM if interested

I broke the screw on my driver, but Titleist sent a replacement shaft (had to send the old one back) and screw. Haven't had any issue with my 910F or 910H, but I don't really change anything on those.

910f shaft selection

910f shaft selection

I agree with the trending answers above. I also have the F, primarily because I use it as a fairway much more than I use it from the tee box.
I like the different shaft suggestion above for the F if you truly need a lower trajectory.

Any input on which of the three available stock shafts would result in a lower trajectory?

Back