Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about getting a Vokey 56 degree wedge. But, I already have a Callaway forged and a Nike forged sand wedge. Anybody want to buy a wedge, cheap?

Finally found a nike concept to roll a bit...I liked it but 200$ just seems like too much to spend since I hit it on an indoor "green". Gotta find a good place to do a fitting.

The MC? Or the original method? I bought an 03 from Edwin Watts brand new for like 75 bucks, if they had any left in your particular length and model number I'm sure we could work something out.

Not really equipment but I'm pondering Sligo Citrus shorts

The MC? Or the original method? I bought an 03 from Edwin Watts brand new for like 75 bucks, if they had any left in your particular length and model number I'm sure we could work something out.

The new method one that looks super weird.

Last I heard it was the actual grip that was the hold up. I guess Tour Velvets are rare? Wtc?

They're still growing the rubber tree out back.

I ponder if the CPC will let me take pictures or video while I'm there.

Pondering has switched to need. Need a hybrid. Aside from Mizuno, Nike (made for I think), and Ping who offers the PX graphite iron shaft?

It was a little weird walking into golfsmith today, and not really wanting to hit anything. I was going to hit the I20 and Ci11 irons, but I didn't see a demo laying around, and I couldn't get any help. But even thsoe were just for cuirosity's sake than anything else. I am pretty happy with my hybrid, irons, and putter. I'm hoping the G20 will settle my driver pondering. I am waiting till the outing for wedges and 3 wood.

Pondering has switched to need. Need a hybrid. Aside from Mizuno, Nike (made for I think), and Ping who offers the PX graphite iron shaft?

Callaway, Cobra (Amp Line only) and Titleist (stock shaft for them with no upcharge).

Callaway, Cobra (Amp Line only) and Titleist (stock shaft for them with no upcharge).

What do you know about the tour AD shaft in the Baffler FW?

So I'm pondering a 19* RBZ hybrid instead of my R11 5wood. I got the fw on a whim...as I have an R11driver and 3wood that I get on well with....but it's still got the wrapping on it. My intention is to replace my ancient set of irons with either RBZ or Mizuno Jpx 800 set...and I'm thinking this may bridge the gap nicely between a 4 iron and the 3 wood....
what do you think THPers ? :confused2:

Thanks ST. I'll add those to the list.

If you can I'd really try and see if you can find a Ping cart where you could do the G20 hybrid with the PX graphite in it. That club is ugly as sin but it's so easy to use it's like cheating. I tried it out in the PX with decent results but that's just because PX and I don't generally get along except in the very top of the bag.

I'm not going to start a thread for this question, but I want to change the grip on my new putter. What is the best ay to make sure the grip is aligned properly. I could always send it into Ping but I want to save the money. I was thinking of just using two bubble levels.

Have someone at the shop do it. They should get it straight.
I'm not going to start a thread for this question, but I want to change the grip on my new putter. What is the best ay to make sure the grip is aligned properly. I could always send it into Ping but I want to save the money. I was thinking of just using two bubble levels.

If you can I'd really try and see if you can find a Ping cart where you could do the G20 hybrid with the PX graphite in it. That club is ugly as sin but it's so easy to use it's like cheating. I tried it out in the PX with decent results but that's just because PX and I don't generally get along except in the very top of the bag.

G20 is actually at the tip top of the list ST. Look doesn't bother me at all. Some FW type hybrids can give me fits. The i20 deserves a look as well, but if they perform close to each other I will opt for the G20. Plus, I like that Pings can be adjusted for loft and lie.

Did you hit the PX wood or iron ST?

Have someone at the shop do it. They should get it straight.

Except all of the shops by me just eye ball it. I just want to be more exact than that.

Thats all any shops ever do dude... Eyeballing is precise with experience.

Sure, but I don't want the one guy with walleye vision working on my baby.

I will probably just do I and improvise. If it doesn't go well I will go to more extreme measures.

Just bring it to a pro shop. If they put it on crooked you bring it back and keep doing so until its straight? Then you wont screw up and you wont have to buy a new grip if it is..
Sure, but I don't want the one guy with walleye vision working on my baby.

I will probably just do I and improvise. If it doesn't go well I will go to more extreme measures.

If only that Adams wouldn't have gotten stolen.

Tap before talk.

Guess I didn't update that. Club did find it's way back to me! Still have it, need a 21 though.

so got home today to find my mizuno box at the front door like i expected .. what i didnt expect was the pleasant suprise inside.

a little back story .. this was a set of jpx-800 pros 4-gw on GPP ebay store. labeled as used mint condition 9.5 out of 10 . I went back and forth with them trying to get photos of all clubs etc but they wouldnt do it. just said these are perfect no marks,never been hit,etc that they are selling as used because the plastic was off the clubs. well i had my reservations but bid anyway and won em for $539 ..

opened the box to find the plastic on every club not a mark on em. i dont know if you can add plastic back to the head or what but these looks brand new so at that price point i gotta say im pretty happy on this deal. now if i can just get my swing on the right track and enjoy them.

Decided i need a new putter today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back