Adams Fast 12 Forum Testing Signup - Drivers & Fairway Woods

Right on! This would be fun! Thanks THP and Adams.

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Nike VRS Driver & Ping i15 3 Wood (Nike VRS 3 wood on order from Nike, should receive in 1-2 weeks.)
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex Both Nike sticks have Project X 6.0 shafts, Ping i15 has the TFC 700 (All shafts are stiff flex.)
3. What do you look for in metal woods? Distance is the first thing I look for, followed by accuracy and forgiveness. I love hitting a driver out there 280-290, but if it's not accurate, it kind of defeats the purpose. Forgiveness is nice when I'm on the tee box of a 590 yard par 5 and swinging for the fences. If I miss the sweet spot, it should still get out there with minimal punishment. I love hitting the 3 wood off the deck, so being able to get it in the air is a must.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play golf every weekend and at the range at least once a week. I will be able to compare this to the new Nike lineup as well as the Ping i15 that I am currently gaming. I will not only update the dedicated THP testing thread, but will also use my Twitter account to spread the word on my testing.

Thanks to Adams and THP for the opportunity!
1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? - Taylormade RBZ Tour Driver, 9* and a Taylormade RBZ 3HL 17*
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex - Driver has a Matrix X-Con 6 stiff and the Fairway has a Matrix X-Con 5 also stiff.
3. What do you look for in metal woods? - First and foremost I look for forgiveness, if I can't put it in the fairway, the extra length doesn't help much. Then length. I've found the RBZ Tour driver and fairway to be a really great combination of the two. I'd love to compare the RBZ to the Adams! slot v. slot as it were.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm an active member on the board, I check in and read several times daily, contributing to the conversation as I think I can.
I'm a teacher so my summers are my own and I live on a golf course with practice facilities, so I can either play or hit at the range daily. I'm a mid-handicapper so I think I can give a perspective to the other hackers, like me, who's game is a work in progress.

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? I play the :taylormade: R11 and :callaway: Diablo Octane Tour FW

2. What shafts are in those clubs? In the R11 I have a TP Blur 65 shaft and in the Octane Tour I have a stock stiff FW shaft that is 70 grams. The TP Blur is higher ballflight and midspin I believe. The Octane Tour FW is low spin, lower launch shaft.

3. What do you look for in metal woods? For my driver i look for a mid to high ballflight as I want to maximize my carry distance while still getting some roll. I do look at what shaft combos do what but if it the shaft and head produce this, I could almost care less what they are. For my FW's I want a mid ballflight and whatever spin levels help me acheive the best control. I've found that going to a mid ballflight is the best compromise in FW's. I like to go for greens in two and also have something really easy to control off the tee. If I could find a high ballflight that doesnt mind some wind (or is at least not too severely impacted by it), that would be ideal to match my driver ballflight.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
I am at the range 4-5x a week with a minimum of 1 on course round per week as well. I practice because I love and try to take my practice to the course. It's interesting to test a club in that respect because sometimes what you see on the range you dont see on the course. I document after every range session (or combine if it makes sense) and refer back to others when I write additional reviews to see if anything changed.

I'm very much into photos and video so the reader can get a visual and so they can hear what I hear. Ups and downs are part of new clubs and I try to make sure i capture everything I feel with the new club. I like comparisons but feel its best to give the equipment in question a run without any comparisons to get a true feeling of how the clubs performs.

I'm very active and post everyday. I follow up on my testing threads and make sure no question gets left unanswered.

glad to see a lot of interest in this one so far!

Yea, +1!
I wouldn't mind seeing this thread rival the other testing signup threads. Great visibility for THP and Adams.

Thanks THP and Adams for another awesome opportunity!

1. Currently playing Titleist 910 D2 and just pulled my old 3 wood out of hiding... A Cleveland launcher comp 13 degree strong 3 to try and get a lower ball flight

2. V2 proforce stiff 76 gram in the 910 and the stock fujikura that came in the launchers... Also stiff 65 gram.

3. With a driver, I really just want something that maximizes my distance while not taking away from the accuracy. As long as its not offset or really closed I will try it out. 3 wood has long been a weak spot in my bag. This is why I am back to the one I played in high school. I look for a 3 wood that doesn't have a really deep face and is long off the tee.

4. I am a daily reader at THP and try to post as often as possible. My testing process would be a mix of on course and range time. I would compare the club to my current driver or the four 3 woods I currently have. I would also post unboxing vids and post videos of me playing the product because I now have a phone that will allow me to do so. I will also be playing weekly now after joining a league on Tuesday nights

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Adams 9032ti 14.5
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex Aldila Voodoo Green Stiff
3. What do you look for in metal woods? Feel Looks performance
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I can test it everyday along with several friends with vary handi caps and report on what each person said.

This is a quick signup as we will be announcing all the testers on Friday.

I am excited to see who the testers will be.

Good luck all. Get your sign up in

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? I currently play a TaylorMade R9 driver. My fairwoods are TaylorMade Burner 09.
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex They are regular flex shafts and Aldila Re Ax is the type.
3. What do you look for in metal woods? As with most my clubs, I need them to be forgiving and allow me to get the ball in the air.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I would test the clubs both on the range and on the course weekly. I also would have some do some video when available. My THP activity has been in spurts actually. When I first registered I didn't come to the site that often. Then I really started getting involved more in the past 3 months. I haven't posted much in the past couple weeks, but I always have THP open at both work and at home where I scan the forums and keep up with what is happening.

Great opportunity given to us by THP and Adams Golf. Can't wait to see who's selected!

These would be great to test!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Both Taylormade R-11

2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex - Driver - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC6.0 Stiff - Fairway wood - Stock stiff shaft

3. What do you look for in metal woods? Distance, accuracy, feel, and dang it...they need to look good.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Outdoor golf has started here now, so that is not a problem. These would be tested on the range and in play. I'm a very active participant on THP and really enjoy testing and reviewing any and all golf related products. I have never tried any of the Adams products, so this would be all new to me.

Thanks THP and Adams for this opportunity !

Thanks to THP and to Adams Golf for another fantastic testing opportunity!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play?
Dr: 8.5* Nike Tour (2009 Model)
3w: TaylorMade R11 (T3) 14*
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex
Dr - Project X 6.5 - X Flex
3w - Matrix Ozik HD7 - X Flex
3. What do you look for in metal woods?
I look for Distance and consistency more than anything. I like having a consistent shot shape (or miss), and a little (or a lot of) added distance never hurt anyone! For a 3w, I love for it to be versatile, being able to hit it both from the tee and from the fw or even rough is important.
My testing process would be to try the club head to head with my current driver, be as objective and scientific as possible. I will take it on the Simulator weekly (for the next 2 weeks anyway), then out on a real course and to the range after that every chance I get. From April-October I play 3+ times a week. After each use, I will break my findings down into different sections like distance, forgiveness, feel, and others. I track all my stats, so I can compare these with every other round in the last 2 years to determine if I hit more FW's (or at least have more or less playable drives) than in previous years. I'm also no stranger to video, and will record and post as much video as possible.

As far as my activity level, I am active on THP daily, and will post my results after each session. I will also try to answer any questions within a short time period. I am also going to the THP outing and if chosen I am more than willing to bring the clubs there for others to test out.

Thanks again for this great opportunity!

wow quick turnaround for sure. hope everyone that is interested gets their name in the hat in time.

Sounds like a great testing opportunity. Wish the courses up here opened early enough for me to put my name in the hat.

Driver-R11, with a G20 on the way
Fairway-Cobra S2 15* 3w
-R11 has a Fubuki Alpha 70 X-flex, G20 has the Stock Tour X flex shaft
-3w has a Oban Devotion 8 stiff flex

Driver-Right now I'm looking for forgivenss and consistency, which is where I feel me and the R11 aren't clicking. I am looking for something that is easy to get a consistent ball flight with, and won't require the EXACT same swing every time to put up a good result.
FW-It's all about consistency and accuracy here. I will easily give up a few yards if I'm in the fairway more often.
I hit the range 1-2x a week, and play golf 2-4 times a week, so the clubs will get plenty of testing. The biggest part of the testing will be on course. It's easy to hit a club well on a range or on a LM where you can really grove a swing, but its on the course where the forgiveness really shines through. I would also buy a session on the LM at the closest range to compare the clubs to my current woods. I'm very active on THP, I check the forum and post daily.

Driver: Cleveland Classic 290, 10.5* Head
Fairway wood: Currently gaming a 15.5* Cleveland Mashie hybrid instead of a 3 or 4 wood.

2. What shafts are in those clubs?
Driver shaft: Miyazaki Kusala White 56 X flex
Hybrid shaft: Miyazaki C. Kua 59 X flex

For my driver, I look for as much distance as I can get, with relatively consistent dispersion and as much forgiveness as possible. Generally, I don't try and work the ball with driver, straight is good! For fairway woods, I look for consistent dispersion and something that is easy to hit off the deck. I want something I can hit accurately for those long par 5s and tight par 4s off the tee. Extra distance is an added bonus for fairway woods.

If chosen for this testing, I will be putting the metals through the paces on the range 3 or 4 times a week, and on course at least once per week. I will be testing the clubs for consistency, distance and versatility. I will get them on the monitor and see how they perform with raw statistical launch data. After significant time testing them on their own merits, I will put them up against their counterparts that I currently play. After each session with the club(s), I will update the forum with commentary and often some video and photos as well.

Thank you Adams and THP for this cool testing opportunity. Its great to see Adams so active lately in getting their products into THP tester's hands!

Thanks i have been dying to get a chance at these.

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Driver: TaylorMade R11 TP 10.5* and R11 TP T3 14*

2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex? Driver: HD6 Matrix and Stock Fujikari Blur 70 gram both stiff

3. What do you look for in metal woods? Driver: Distance and a small dispersion. Wood: Something I can hit off the tee and fairway that goes where i tell it to.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I will create a testing template that I will fill out each time I hit the club describing where, when, avg distance versus expected distance, and also thoughts and comparision to my current R11 setup. I love and tee off with my 3w and finding something to knock it out of the bag would be a real challenge. My driver I keep in the bag for the range only because I oddly only beat the 3w in distance by 10 yards but with less accuracy. I would say I am fairly active.

Adams must really want awesome info about their clubs in a timely fashion. Snap to it folks!

- Driver: King Cobra Speed LD
- Fairway Woods: Cleveland Mashie M1 & Wilson Staff 5-wood Fybrid

- The Cobra Driver has a regular flex Graphite Design Tour AD YS. The Mashie has the Miyazaki C.Kua in R and the Fybrid has the UST Pro Force V2 in R flex.

- With my driver, I'm looking for a confidence inspiring club. I need my driver to 'feel' natural and provide me with a bit of forgiveness and a consistent ball flight. My swing lends itself to a bit of a draw when I'm clicking and that's something that I like being able to control. I'm relatively new to the game and have only really ever gamed a few drivers so it'd be really interesting to see what the Fast 12 has to offer. So, forgiveness and consistency are big with the driver. Regarding my fairway woods, I've been using them more and more on the tee box in an effort to play 'intelligent' golf. And, to be quite honest, I haven't been particularly consistent with any fairway wood off of the deck. I'd love to be able to add a confident off the deck fairway wood to my repertoire - that'd definitely be my biggest priority.

- I've definitely fallen in love with the THP community over the last few months and I think I've immersed rather well with the group. I'm super excited for the Outing in May and definitely cannot wait to meet so many wonderful people. I've also definitely gained a greater understanding for the game of golf (in SO MANY different ways) - I really had very little knowledge about what a difference shafts can make, just how important a proper ball is to a golf game, etc. So, I think that THP has just been a wonderfully positive experience for me to this point. And I definitely try to remain a consistently active, useful poster.

The testing process would just be a blast. I have learned so much about different pieces of equipment from reading the various THP testing threads - everyone really does just do a fantastic job. I think, first and foremost, that forum members really desire and appreciate honest feedback. So, that would be my first priority - honest, unbiased feedback. I'd most certainly report the good and the bad equally and really try to give a fair perspective. Honestly, I'd just try to pull some of the really cool elements I've seen in other testing threads and hopefully be able to put my own spin on them. Videos are obviously very effective and entertaining to watch so that'd be a must. Obviously, I'd give detailed reports of my results with the Fast 12 at the range and on the course - charting your triumphs/failures will give everyone a broad perspective of the club. And, as a possibly interesting aside, I'm signed up to take lessons with my local GolfTEC at the beginning of April (had to get pushed back from my original March target due to a change in ownership). So, it'd be pretty fun to see how my game might evolve with my very first lessons and a Fast 12 in hand. And, of course, the weather here in Southwestern Pennsylvania has just been stupid nice - the ten-day forecast is seriously 70+ and sunny almost every day.

Good luck to everyone! Another wonderful opportunity and many thanks go to THP and Adams.

I would always be happy to be a part of a forum testing.

I currently play with a Cleveland Launcher 330 driver and Taylormade 200 Series fairway woods.

The driver has a stock Miyazaki S-flex graphite shaft while the fairway woods have a S-flex steel shaft.

I look for versatility in fairway woods. I would like to be able to hit the ball out of a variety of lies and not just balls that are in the fairway. For a 3 wood variant I would like to see a penetrating ball flight, while I would expect to see a high launch with a 5 wood that would be able to hold when landing on a green.

If I were to be selected for testing I would first focus on the aesthetics of the clubs. Then naturally I would compare them to my current driver/fairway woods on the range and golf course. I am a relatively new member to THP, but I believe that I can be an excellent forum tester. An example of how I would provide feedback on testing can be found here where I compare two different golf balls.

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 Driver, TaylorMade Burner Superfast 1.0 3w

2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex. Driver: Matrix OZIK XCON 4.8 Stiff (stock). 3W: Matrix OZIK XCON 4.8 Stiff (stock)

3. What do you look for in metal woods? I want a driver that hits it into the same area relatively consistently when I put a good swing on it. If it travels a little further than other drivers, it's a plus, but not a deal breaker. The only wood I carry currently is a 3w. Used more off the fairway then off the tee, I look for even better dispersion than from my driver. Workability is also important with both. While I mainly play a fade off the tee, I do also find myself playing low draws when wind starts picking up.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm on THP everyday and post frequently. I play/practice everyday on grass ranges with no limit on range balls. I have two courses available to me that both play 7000+ (lots of uses for driver/3w). Questions will be answered daily (usually in the evening) with updates happening daily.

I better get on this if Friday is the announcement.
1. I currently play an r7 cgb max driver and a 07 big Bertha 3 wood and an Adams BUL 5 wood
2. Stock stiff shafts in all three clubs
3. Forgiveness, forgiveness, forgiveness, and the ability to use the fairway woods as Fairway woods, you have to be able to hit them off the deck.
4. My testing process would begin with a range session and then followed by real world testing on the course for the remainder of the testing. I feel it is most important to see how they feel and perform on the course. As a fairly new member who now checks in daily, and would love to answer any questions that fellow THP'ers have. I am in the market for both a new driver and fairway wood(s) this year and would compare they Adams products as my search continues.

Thanks to THP and Adams for the great opportunity.

Back