The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't really talk to me at all lol. I have found some challenges fitting in here.

Announce in the meeting that you will be no longer referred to by Ryan. You will now be SuperHawk. Maybe SuperHawk is too much at first so Hawk is probably better. You now will not answer to Ryan and only Hawk. Then thank them for the compliance.

I don't really fit the mold, that's for sure. IT has a weird feel to it. People just walk by each other and look at the floor rather than say hello. They don't tell each other happy birthday or anything either.

That's because most of them are dorks. The IT guys at my office are like virgins and socially awkward.

Sorry IT dudes, I'm not on call anymore. My names SuperHawk and I don't see that on your schedule.

I don't really fit the mold, that's for sure. IT has a weird feel to it. People just walk by each other and look at the floor rather than say hello. They don't tell each other happy birthday or anything either.

When you look at someone in the hallway and they know youre IT theres a chance they will stop you. Its called being hallway hijacked. Dont look if you dont want to talk to them. And then you wont get roped into something that you dont have time for.

When you look at someone in the hallway and they know youre IT theres a chance they will stop you. Its called being hallway hijacked. Dont look if you dont want to talk to them. And then you wont get roped into something that you dont have time for.

Ahhh. That makes sense now that you say it. I speak to tickets you fools. Leave me alone!

QFT.... Plus we generally look good and always get stopped for that.

Ahhh. That makes sense now that you say it. I speak to tickets you fools. Leave me alone!

TC has no clue, he's just an end user that breaks his computer so the IT guy will come and help him feel smarter. The issue always lies between the chair and the keyboard.

We IT nerds don't talk to each other, but we will say happy birthday via text, chat, twitter, FB, ICQ, AIM, and communicator.

TC has no clue, he's just an end user that breaks his computer so the IT guy will come and help him feel smarter. The issue always lies between the chair and the keyboard.

I'm the guy that makes the money so the IT guy can fund his video games and action figure collection.

Sent from my forged iPad

QFT.... Plus we generally look good and always get stopped for that.

Truth. IT is always the best dressed in the building.

We IT nerds don't talk to each other, but we will say happy birthday via text, chat, twitter, FB, ICQ, AIM, and communicator.

Talking is overrated.

Truth. IT is always the best dressed in the building.

Talking is overrated.

+2 to both. Whats better than a good office communicator chat session? Nothing haha. We can wear jeans. Cause we are awesome.

I'm the guy that makes the money so the IT guy can fund his video games and action figure collection.

Sent from my forged iPad

Lol this made me chuckle.

I much prefer it that way

It is so much easier and quicker. HAHA

Sent from my forged iPad

Is that what they told you? I guess whatever works to keep you motivated.

Is that what they told you? I guess whatever works to keep you motivated.

You should see their workspace. It looks like a Trekie convention.

Sent from my forged iPad

Nothing screams nerds like the Star Trek inspired golf gear thread. They make everyday IT nerd look normal.

You should see their workspace. It looks like a Trekie convention.

Sent from my forged iPad

I reckon there are two kinds of IT. Guys that have Star Trek stuff on their desk and those that dont.

His mouse won't work, but he forgot that he took the ball out to play with.

Reading about you guys talking about work is so alien to me. I have NEVER worked in an office setting.

I reckon there are two kinds of IT. Guys that have Star Trek stuff on their desk and those that dont.

Yip, I've got one of the former sitting behind me talking to his stuffed toys as I type. I've so far resisted the urge to set fire to the back of his head, but I'm not holding up too well.

Yip, I've got one of the former sitting behind me talking to his stuffed toys as I type. I've so far resisted the urge to set fire to the back of his head, but I'm not holding up too well.

I recommend the blow torch method. lol

I recommend the blow torch method. lol

I'm considering it. He has a jelly bean machine on his desk. I'm going to urinate in it when he goes on break.

Yesterday we played Office Floor chair hockey as a charity event and we came in second place. It was some of the most fun I've had in a long time although my shins hurt like a mother today! For our efforts we won a ping pong table for the office and may have had one or ten too many beers during the event. Here is a quick video I took.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back