What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out today and shot a 46/42 for an 88. LOTS better today with the short game, putting, and irons. My tee game was off today though...had I kept some of my drives in the fairway today I would have shot a lower number. Two birdies (one a chip in), 3 pars, and a sand save. 6 three-jacks, which is much better for me.

Went out today and shot a 46/42 for an 88. LOTS better today with the short game, putting, and irons. My tee game was off today though...had I kept some of my drives in the fairway today I would have shot a lower number. Two birdies (one a chip in), 3 pars, and a sand save. 6 three-jacks, which is much better for me.

88 with 6 3 putts is a good round indeed, seems like you can easily get mid 80s with that under control for sure!

Good job JN however those three - jacks have got to go away. Just think what you could shoot, if no more than a 2 putt on each hole!

88 with 6 3 putts is a good round indeed, seems like you can easily get mid 80s with that under control for sure!

Good job JN however those three - jacks have got to go away. Just think what you could shoot, if no more than a 2 putt on each hole!

Yeah, I have to get the three putts under control for sure. I'd shoot in the mid to low 80s if my tee ball problem and three-jack problem were solved!

I got my first round of the year in today! and for Winnipeg it is SUPER early. I played a city course that's a bit easy and wide open but the wind is currently at 50 KMH and gusting to about 70 KMH so it made the course very challenging. I shot a 78 today 40/38. I made a lot of mistakes but I'll take that score for the first round of the year. I also had a double on the 17th hole which wasn't too nice.

Here is a picture of my drive on the 5th hole 345 yards wind assisted. I couldn't find my ball on the fairway but I found it here.. pin high on the green! Just lipped the eagle.
Very nice drive Dent! Wind assisted or not, that's a monster drive!

38/36 for a 74 (+3), but I won't be recording it for handicap. Greens were aerated and sandy, and after we all had good putts bounce to the side of the hole at the last minute, we decided to leave the pin in for all putts so that we could put a more aggressive stroke on the ball. I guess you can add 4 or 5 strokes to my score for hitting the pins. Pin hitting aside, I bogeyed 2 of the first four holes, and 2 of the last four, and played the middle 10 in 1 under. Also had 2 sand saves, doubling my yearly total!

Last edited:
Nice round Rusty. I played on some aerated greens today as well. They were horrendously slow but at least I was golfing. Played a pretty tough track called High Vista (http://www.highvistagolf.com/golf.html). I liked how it suits a shot maker. I went out in 39 and came home in 39 for a 78. I hit 12/18 GIR's which was pleasing, but just couldn't get comfortable on the greens at all.

Nice round Rusty. I played on some aerated greens today as well. They were horrendously slow but at least I was golfing. Played a pretty tough track called High Vista (http://www.highvistagolf.com/golf.html). I liked how it suits a shot maker. I went out in 39 and came home in 39 for a 78. I hit 12/18 GIR's which was pleasing, but just couldn't get comfortable on the greens at all.
12/18 GIR is impressive, nice round.

nice round TC.

on a side note, do any of you work on Mondays, WTC

Very nice round, TC!

Its all about working smarter, not harder my man

its monday, Im here in body only, mind and spirit is elsewhere

I work in outside sales bro, Monday's always my golf day :)

gotcha, I used to tag a long quite a but with outside sales at my old job for golfing with customers at some crazy country clubs....thats about the only thing I miss from that job

anyhow nice work on the 12/18 GIR's.....Id love 12/18 GAIR's

nice round TC.

on a side note, do any of you work on Mondays, WTC
Of course, I work just about 7 days a week. Some of that time is in the office, some of it is at home, driving, golf course, etc.

43/47 for a 90 i havn't played this bad in a while. i was all over the place i can't get used to actually being able to draw the ball and i wasn't scrambling or putting well today at all. sucked cause the course wasn't terribly hard and i should have scored much better. i guess with all the changes going on im due for a bad round. Leaving for OCMD tomorrow morning and 3 rounds down there. hopefully i can get it turned around quickly.

Finally posted a round in the 70's at my home course and it's been awhile. The winter has been a long one and the dead dormant grass has cost me some strokes to the old handicap. I hit a lot of half 60 and 56 degree wedges and the winter grass did not help those shots. So this weekend the bermuda was starting to break through and the ball was actually sitting up around the greens and 30/40yds out. You could start taking nice little divots. Anyways, 3 birdies, 3 bogeys and 3 doubles (errrr!) due to some bad course management. 78 to finish the day.

ewww dude...poopie course!

43/47 for a 90 i havn't played this bad in a while. i was all over the place i can't get used to actually being able to draw the ball and i wasn't scrambling or putting well today at all. sucked cause the course wasn't terribly hard and i should have scored much better. i guess with all the changes going on im due for a bad round. Leaving for OCMD tomorrow morning and 3 rounds down there. hopefully i can get it turned around quickly.

I hear ya bro, I have been in the same dang boat!

Finally posted a round in the 70's at my home course and it's been awhile. The winter has been a long one and the dead dormant grass has cost me some strokes to the old handicap. I hit a lot of half 60 and 56 degree wedges and the winter grass did not help those shots. So this weekend the bermuda was starting to break through and the ball was actually sitting up around the greens and 30/40yds out. You could start taking nice little divots. Anyways, 3 birdies, 3 bogeys and 3 doubles (errrr!) due to some bad course management. 78 to finish the day.

Good job Nate!

First round of the year... 90 with two 8's on par 5's and 4 three-putts!

Finished 48/46 for a 94 today, which I am happy with. I teed off with the Mashie all day and that helped a bit, no OOBs. I need to get back out and work more at the short game, I had a few pretty brutal chunky chips that i would love to eliminate. Also lost a few in the sand mainly from being passive and not following through with authority. That is frustrating, I know how to do it, I just get worried the ball will go too far and it ends up going 5 feet.

I got my first round of the year in today! and for Winnipeg it is SUPER early. I played a city course that's a bit easy and wide open but the wind is currently at 50 KMH and gusting to about 70 KMH so it made the course very challenging. I shot a 78 today 40/38. I made a lot of mistakes but I'll take that score for the first round of the year. I also had a double on the 17th hole which wasn't too nice.

Here is a picture of my drive on the 5th hole 345 yards wind assisted. I couldn't find my ball on the fairway but I found it here.. pin high on the green! Just lipped the eagle.

10s54lz.jpg

Wind assisted or not that was solid, Dent. Congrats man!

You impress me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back