Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

Nobody preps like Tmex preps....true story. Go get em marcawesome!

Its all aboot changes that are simple and easy! Thats my big thing. make sure I can take it to the course this time. Having an instructor tell you whats working why it does or whats not working and why it doesnt in invaluable!

This ^^^^ really scares me. Seth your putting must have been real bad for Chunky to step it

stop trying to sabotage my team!

Yeah man. My putting was just awful. Putting used to save me and now it is costing me.

thanks dude....I'm hoping this helps me from wasting so many shots from 125 and in

I bet it will.

I'll be adding new irons to the bag shortly in order to better prepare for the CB's I'll be throwing in. Im just not as big of a fan of the DPC's as I am of the CB's. I had impact tape from my session at the CPC and all my strikes were center of the face but I couldnt get my 5i over. Driver was a bit off but its much better. Got a huge change in my putting that is making it easier to roll the rock just the set up is little uncomfortable right now. I might need to length my putter, I don't know.

Anyway, yesterday was great and today will be too! Have a round planned for sunday that Im stoked about.

I want those CB's so badly, but I think DPC's would be better for me. I can't wait to see them in person.

Yeah man. My putting was just awful. Putting used to save me and now it is costing me.

I bet it will.

I want those CB's so badly, but I think DPC's would be better for me. I can't wait to see them in person.

Yeah some will definitely like them better no doubt. I just don't really see all that much a difference I guess haha.

Yeah some will definitely like them better no doubt. I just don't really see all that much a difference I guess haha.

haha. I applaud your choice. Those irons are magnificent. Getting prep irons is a great choice.

The range down the road from my work is now open! I will be practicing everyday at lunch from work everyday I'm here. A lot of MC training. Spring Yippee!

Fear The Frog! Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Tmex, I support your decision to embrace preMC preparatory irons. I'm doing something very similar. It makes complete sense to me. I even opted for shafts that are almost identical in weight. Should make the transition even smoother. I have a feeling that irons will be the last thing to receive so what better way to prepare?

You guys are all doing awesome, and I am loving reading about the breakthroughs, and the ups and downs. I am getting very close to being back to 100%, and cannot wait to join you, but in the mean time, I have been doing a lot of things that will help me physically, and am really starting to feel better than I have in quite some time. I have certainly had my share of health issues this winter, and it seems like they are starting to be cured all at once, and at the right time. I have no doubts that I will be ready, willing, and most of all, able when the time comes to tee it up with all of you, and I am looking forward to it.

Tmex, I support your decision to embrace preMC preparatory irons. I'm doing something very similar. It makes complete sense to me. I even opted for shafts that are almost identical in weight. Should make the transition even smoother. I have a feeling that irons will be the last thing to receive so what better way to prepare?

You inspired me to do it dude. Im not concerned about where my scores are falling right now because i just need to make sure I can put 18 holes together. Hell, I might even rashaft an old set of blades I have with some Modus3 action to see if I can play it decently. That'd be a good test too!

You're right that you need to have an idea of what youre gonna be playing and make sure you feel comfortable over the ball. I know I'll struggle at times with the CB's but I'll struggle with the DPC's too. Its just a matter of knowing what to expect. you've been such a great help with this prep dude. its good seeing what a really good golfer does.

Hope you like your new irons, Tmex. I'm basically doing the same, though I do think I'll have a slightly more forgiving and longer iron in the 588 CB's. Longer due to loft adjustments.

TMex is going to THateMe, but I put a strong 3 wood in the bag to prep for my BStone 3W. I am amazed at the distance increase.

You inspired me to do it dude. Im not concerned about where my scores are falling right now because i just need to make sure I can put 18 holes together. Hell, I might even rashaft an old set of blades I have with some Modus3 action to see if I can play it decently. That'd be a good test too!

You're right that you need to have an idea of what youre gonna be playing and make sure you feel comfortable over the ball. I know I'll struggle at times with the CB's but I'll struggle with the DPC's too. Its just a matter of knowing what to expect. you've been such a great help with this prep dude. its good seeing what a really good golfer does.

Well Tmex, I'm just an average golfer. Good golfers break par. I just know how to minimize errors and I've learned how to not let a loose shot or a bad hole kill a round. I do it with a smile on my face. Hell, you were there to see #18 on the Palmer course. Not the way I wanted things to go down at all but you know what, I chose my line, hit the ball solid, it just didn't cut like I was hoping. Them's the breaks man. I think it's awesome that you want to get the sticks you want to get. This is a "TOUR" experience, a once in a lifetime opportunity, there's absolutely no reason to settle on anything.

I'm glad I can help you out where I can dude. It's really Lee Westwood dude. He makes us better golfers :act-up:

Well Tmex, I'm just an average golfer. Good golfers break par. I just know how to minimize errors and I've learned how to not let a loose shot or a bad hole kill a round. I do it with a smile on my face. Hell, you were there to see #18 on the Palmer course. Not the way I wanted things to go down at all but you know what, I chose my line, hit the ball solid, it just didn't cut like I was hoping. Them's the breaks man. I think it's awesome that you want to get the sticks you want to get. This is a "TOUR" experience, a once in a lifetime opportunity, there's absolutely no reason to settle on anything.

I'm glad I can help you out where I can dude. It's really Lee Westwood dude. He makes us better golfers :act-up:

I need to figure out how he keeps that head still! lol. its true. I remember you just cracking up. We both watched that ball sail and man was it a gorgeous shot to be honest. Playing with you all at the outings has just turned golf around. Last years MC too. Can't ever forget golf is fun,.

I need to figure out how he keeps that head still! lol. its true. I remember you just cracking up. We both watched that ball sail and man was it a gorgeous shot to be honest. Playing with you all at the outings has just turned golf around. Last years MC too. Can't ever forget golf is fun,.

Especially at the Morgan Cup. What a cool event. I love all the prep work guys put in, but I always try to remember that it's a unique experience that only a few get to experience. Might as well make it more fun than stressful, that's for sure.

Especially at the Morgan Cup. What a cool event. I love all the prep work guys put in, but I always try to remember that it's a unique experience that only a few get to experience. Might as well make it more fun than stressful, that's for sure.

Agreed man. I dont think I'll ever forget any of those rounds that weekend. Learning to relax on the course is something I'm really trying to master. Nothing worse than nerves helping you slice a second shot after a great drive oob haha.

Went to the range on my lunch break. Hit a medium bucket. I only used my 5,6 and 7 iron. I have been struggling with irons lately. For me ball placement is key. It felt good to focus on certain clubs instead of just grabbing a club I think will get me there during a round. Glad the range is open so I can practice every work day.

Fear The Frog! Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Played 9 tonight where I did some driver testing mainly but always played my first drive in to finish the hole and shot a pretty solid score. I'm loving how I'm striking my irons right now, my distance is back and my ball flight is down to a controllable level. I hit a lot of greens and while I didn't make any putts of significance I 2 puttted everything. The greens are so hairy that I'm not putting any stock into that until they getting the rollers out and smooth these babies out and cut that grass.

I had one shot in particular that really proved to me that my iron striking is much improved and that I'm on the right track with my iron play. Par 5 side/down wind and I had 255 yards left into the green. I pull a 5 iron with plans to try to put myself around 50 to 60 yards out or so...well I smoked the shot and almost ended up in the greenside bunker just short and left of the green. I wound up in great shape about 30 yards out right in the middle of the narrow fairway. That was a 5 iron that covered 225 yards...that felt awesome!

I am playing again tomorrow, another $ game with the boys from Men's Club, I have a ton of confidence and hope to pull in some more cash tomorrow night.

Spent about an hour and a half in the back yard hitting chips and pitches into nets at opposite ends of the yard...about 20 yards apart....worked on low shots, mid shots, flop shots....used all three wedges and just played games trying to see how many out of 20 balls I could put in the net with each club and with each type of shot.

At one point with the 54* hitting a mid flighted chip from about 15 yards, I made 12 out of 20 in the chipping net...not too bad.

Going to try to go to a par 3 course in the area tomorrow afternoon...that will be a really good way to work on the wedges.

Spent about an hour and a half in the back yard hitting chips and pitches into nets at opposite ends of the yard...about 20 yards apart....worked on low shots, mid shots, flop shots....used all three wedges and just played games trying to see how many out of 20 balls I could put in the net with each club and with each type of shot.

At one point with the 54* hitting a mid flighted chip from about 15 yards, I made 12 out of 20 in the chipping net...not too bad.

Going to try to go to a par 3 course in the area tomorrow afternoon...that will be a really good way to work on the wedges.

That's some good prep there TBT. Learning to hit those 15-20 yard shots high and low will more than likely pay off for you. Looking forward to your thoughts on the wedges after the Par 3 course.

Played 9 tonight where I did some driver testing mainly but always played my first drive in to finish the hole and shot a pretty solid score. I'm loving how I'm striking my irons right now, my distance is back and my ball flight is down to a controllable level. I hit a lot of greens and while I didn't make any putts of significance I 2 puttted everything. The greens are so hairy that I'm not putting any stock into that until they getting the rollers out and smooth these babies out and cut that grass.

I had one shot in particular that really proved to me that my iron striking is much improved and that I'm on the right track with my iron play. Par 5 side/down wind and I had 255 yards left into the green. I pull a 5 iron with plans to try to put myself around 50 to 60 yards out or so...well I smoked the shot and almost ended up in the greenside bunker just short and left of the green. I wound up in great shape about 30 yards out right in the middle of the narrow fairway. That was a 5 iron that covered 225 yards...that felt awesome!

I am playing again tomorrow, another $ game with the boys from Men's Club, I have a ton of confidence and hope to pull in some more cash tomorrow night.

Jake it's wonderful to see you back to striping those irons. Love it dude!

Jake it's wonderful to see you back to striping those irons. Love it dude!
I haven't hit my irons this crisp for a while dude, it feels great. Yesterday our par 3 11th hole was playing 170 and is over water the entire way. With about a 10 mph wind behind me I hit 7 iron 4 times and was on the green all 4, 2 of which were pin high, the other 2 were front. I absolutely cannot wait to play again, tonight is going to be fun, 2 man best ball is the format, I'll get to play my own ball yet have a partner similar to our 2nd round of last year's Morgan Cup.

Jake - nice job dude. You looked pretty trim in that Adams video as well. Good for you.

I'm hoping to get 9 holes in after work today. I'm going to try to hit the ball as hard as I can.

I'm officially in struggle mode right now. Just started hitting the ball solidly last night but still got some issues. Trying to setup my next lesson for this week.

I'm officially in struggle mode right now. Just started hitting the ball solidly last night but still got some issues. Trying to setup my next lesson for this week.
Chunky, you just need to stop making swing changes and play some freaking golf man. You have a good swing, now just go out there, hit the ball, then find it, and hit the funking thing again. Learning to score is more important than all these swing changes.

Jake - nice job dude. You looked pretty trim in that Adams video as well. Good for you.

I'm hoping to get 9 holes in after work today. I'm going to try to hit the ball as hard as I can.
Thanks bro, I'm working really hard and seeing how well I'm playing golf right now has me even more motivated to keep pushing further and get stronger and drop more lbs. I know the weight loss has a lot to do with how I'm hitting the ball right now.

And +1 to what The Breeze just said, this goes for more than just Chunky too. I guess if you're going to monkey around with your swing now is the time to do it and NOT within say a month or so of the event but The Breeze is a smart farker man, listen to him. Just hit the damn ball far, go find it and hit it far again.

The Breeze is wise. That Coolbreeze on the other hand...

Back