Adams Fast 12 Driver & FW Wood Forum Review

bg I don't have a Razr Fit, I have a Razr Hawk and a Razr Hawk Tour that I'm comparing this with. They are both 9.5 degrees and they do launch a bit lower than the Fast12, not a great deal like you'd think, but definitely lower and I get more roll out. I don't have carry numbers or comparisons for you yet but I can definitely work on that.

Sorry about the mix up on Cally driver. Sometimes I don't read no good.

I was just curious if the carry distance with the 10.5* was resulting in less roll.

My club came in today. I've got some pictures and 2 videos uploading. I'll hopefully squeeze in a range session tonight! Thanks again to THP and Adams!

Tap before talk.

DSC_0257.jpg
DSC_0256.jpg
DSC_0261.jpg
DSC_0260.jpg
DSC_0262.jpg
DSC_0259.jpg
DSC_0258.jpg
DSC_0266.jpg
DSC_0263.jpg

Here are some photos after the initial unboxing. The videos are giving me some problems so I figured I would let everyone see these first.

Nice pictures Adam. What was your gamer before the Adams Fast12?

Nice pics Adam. That sole is showing some wear.

Sent from my forged iPad

Good to see folks getting their clubs and that these are pretty solid performers so far.

When I got home last night there was a package by the door. I thought it might be a new swim noodle but, NO; it was a shiny new 15* three wood/metal from THP and Adams golf.

I opened from the end and was treated to a view of the head cover which I found to be quite attractive. Removing that I saw the matte finish silver head. With what I had read earlier I was not sure how I would like it but I do. I am not sure how it will stand up to use but I think it looks good.

At set up I can see the slot but don't find it distracting. I think it may work as a bit of an alignment aid.

The thing that stands out most to me is the compact size of the head. I think it will add a lot of confidence for me playing off the fairways and out of the rough. My current #3 FW has a large, deep head which is OK off the tee but looks more like a driver when hitting off the deck. I already KNOW I will be able to get more height on my shots from the fairway and I have not even been able to take a swing.

I am also interested in being able to play from the tee on a couple of holes on my home course. I am hoping I can get a penetrating ball flight when I tee the ball low. My current club hits very high from a tee but very low from the fairway so I am hopeful this club will address these issues.

The shaft is also different; rather than being smooth like other graphite shafts I have used it has a "fuzzy" texture. It does not feel rough like sandpaper but more like suede. The shaft is a regular flex which is appropriate for me. I have no experience with this particular shaft (Pro Launch Blue) but am looking forward to trying it. It's called blue but it is charcoal gray/black in color.

The grip appears to be tour velvet with Adams logos which is consistent with many OEM's in my experience.

Might be a day or so before I get out :still recovering from 2MG (too much golf) last weekend.
I just couldn't wait, I swung by the local shop at lunch to check out the FW that's in transit for me and will be here Friday. That coating your talking about is very interesting, I've never felt a club shaft that's not smooth. After looking the club over I can't wait for mine to be in hand!!!

Nice pictures Adam!

Thanks, I've been looking for a reason to bust out the DSLR!

Nice pictures Adam. What was your gamer before the Adams Fast12?

I discuss this in my unboxing, but it was a Supertri, 19.5, R. It's cut down 1.5 - 2 inches so this is going to be an experience using something this long.

Nice pics Adam. That sole is showing some wear.

The sole cleaned right off...I was impatient and had to swing it a couple of times before taking pictures!

Nice pics Adam!

Here is the unboxing video and the sound test should be uploaded by the end of the evening.

[video=youtube_share;o3kP5y-4atY]http://youtu.be/o3kP5y-4atY[/video]

Nice pics and video Adam, its going to be interesting to see how that R flex does for ya with a SS of 100.

Adam, good stuff. Very nice pictures and video!

Nice pics & video Adam, looking forward to how it works for you on the course/range.

Adam cracking video, really allowed me to get a good look at the club. I'm chapping at the bit now to get it through

I just got back from the course and it wasn't pretty. Everything was high off of the club face which lead to high slices. The sound was that same thud so I'm still waiting for that "pow". I knew I'd struggle until I got used to the length and swinging driver again. In going to hit the range (hopefully Friday) and get better acquainted with this. The shaft seemed to keep up with my swing well. The grip is actually really nice and dealt with the Ohio humidity and my sweating hands very very well. I never had that, I need to grip the club tighter feeling. The head cover functioned flawlessly and looks super sexy in my bag. I'll have a more in depth take after the range.

Tap before talk.

Heck no it ain't hard to hit off the deck. I hit it out of that divot right over there!!!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.
This is very important to me in a fairway wood.

Played 9 holes tonight after work and started exclusively using the Fast12. Since I typically only carry 13 clubs right now I had a slot so I brought the Razr Hawk Tour along as well. I now think I knew in the back of my mind that a switch may occur if needed and sure enough after 3 drives it was time. I didn't hit the first 3 drives I hit bad at all mind you, and that's part of the reason I switched. I hit them pretty solid but just shorter than I normally hit to on the holes I used it. Quite a bit shorter actually and that was on drives that I felt like I smashed the ball. I don't really know what to say the cause was. The first drive I hit with it was down wind and it was hit exactly where I was aiming, I didn't miss my line by a yard but when I got to my ball actually passed right by it thinking there was no way it wasn't further....not so after all. I saw this same thing two more holes in a row and decided to go to the bullpen. As soon as I got the Razr hawk Tour out my distances got right back to normal for me.

I'm pretty confused by this because really it felt like I hit the ball quite hard and I was pretty disappointed to see where the ball ended up. I'm not overly disappointed just yet because after all I'm still getting things sorted out with this driver so I am holding out hope that the distance will show up. The thing is just really easy to hit though, gotta be as accurate as driver as anything I've hit in the past 18 months or so.

that's pretty strong dude....

Played 9 holes tonight after work and started exclusively using the Fast12. Since I typically only carry 13 clubs right now I had a slot so I brought the Razr Hawk Tour along as well. I now think I knew in the back of my mind that a switch may occur if needed and sure enough after 3 drives it was time. I didn't hit the first 3 drives I hit bad at all mind you, and that's part of the reason I switched. I hit them pretty solid but just shorter than I normally hit to on the holes I used it. Quite a bit shorter actually and that was on drives that I felt like I smashed the ball. I don't really know what to say the cause was. The first drive I hit with it was down wind and it was hit exactly where I was aiming, I didn't miss my line by a yard but when I got to my ball actually passed right by it thinking there was no way it wasn't further....not so after all. I saw this same thing two more holes in a row and decided to go to the bullpen. As soon as I got the Razr hawk Tour out my distances got right back to normal for me.

I'm pretty confused by this because really it felt like I hit the ball quite hard and I was pretty disappointed to see where the ball ended up. I'm not overly disappointed just yet because after all I'm still getting things sorted out with this driver so I am holding out hope that the distance will show up. The thing is just really easy to hit though, gotta be as accurate as driver as anything I've hit in the past 18 months or so.

that's pretty strong dude....

Yeah that is a pretty bold statement for sure. That is how I feel about it right now though. Definitely easy to hit and accurate. If I can get the distance figured out I'll be money!

Rough guess - how big of a distance loss are we talking?

First a little background. Tonight was the first time since I got the Fast 12 that I felt like I was swinging halfway decent, so I was eager to see what the Fast 12 had to offer. I actually hit my driver with some accuracy and ok distance and the same with my irons, fairway wood, and hybrids. Score wasn't great, but I felt better about my swing than I have since I started playing this course. I hit the Fast 12 numerous times in 'practice' situations, from the tee or from the same spot I hit my other fairway wood. For the life of me, I can't not slice this club on clean shots.

It feels and sounds great when I hit the center of the face, but when I look up, the ball just goes high and right. It's not even necessarily a weak slice when it comes to distance.

On the 9th hole, which is a tough, very uphill 390 yard par 4, I hit it three times (all after I took my 'real' shot).

1st shot - Driver to right-center of the fairway. Hit sort of weak, but straight. Left with 180, to an uphill green.

*Practice shot - Took a Fast 12 3 wood off the tee. Big slice, about 10 yards behind the driver shot, but around 30 yards to the right of the fairway. Felt like I crushed it, but it took off on me.

2nd shot - Mashie fairway, choked up a couple inches due to side-hill lie. Mid trajectory, straight and on the left portion of the green. Maybe my best shot of the night. I three putted, but that's a whole other gripe.

*2nd practice shot - same spot as the Mashie. Choked up again. Hit fat and went nowhere.

*3rd practice shot - moved the ball to a flat lie from the same distance. Hit it hard and clean. Mid-high slice, 10 yards short of the green in the right rough.

Again, going to reserve any final judgement until I get more time with the club. I'm a big fan of the Adams products I've played in the past and I'd like to see some success with this fairway wood. As of now, I am not seeing much success. I can get the ball up, but I just don't have the confidence that it's going to end up where I want it to go.

bg I don't have a Razr Fit, I have a Razr Hawk and a Razr Hawk Tour that I'm comparing this with. They are both 9.5 degrees and they do launch a bit lower than the Fast12, not a great deal like you'd think, but definitely lower and I get more roll out. I don't have carry numbers or comparisons for you yet but I can definitely work on that.
After reading about the distance differences you saw in a later post, I came back to this one. It sounds like the higher loft of the 10.5 IS making a big difference in total distance. Especially with wind at your back, if you're not longer, or just equally as long, that one degree, and the associated spin, can have enough effect to cause the distance difference. In every driver fitting I've been in, a simple adjustment of one degree in club loft has had at least 10 yards difference in total carry on launch monitor readings. This issue you face illustrates the exact reason people need to be fit for a driver!

Great thoughts so far....kind of suprised to see some actually losing distance when adding distance is what they are advertising this clubs with..,........keep up the good work gang.

Back