what type of grips do you like to use??

Change my grips twice a year, July and December. Last two times I have used Black Widow Tour Silk and I love them

140.png

Change my grips twice a year, July and December. Last two times I have used Black Widow Tour Silk and I love them

140.png

Used that one before and liked it. Not an expensive grip either

Sharpro Dual Compound Cord. about 40% of the cost of Golf Pride New Decade's. I have used both and if you covered the logos, you wouldn't be able to differentiate the two day one or day 365.

sdcpto-2011gray.jpg

I just put on a fresh set of Ping ID-8's good feeling new, we shall see how they last. I loved those old diamond pattern Ping grips.

I have always felt funny putting anything but Ping grips on Ping clubs. Like Karsten would be appaled with it.

I just threw on the white GP 2G tour wraps on my sticks. I like them so far.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Golf Pride NDMCs on the Woods/Irons. Iomic on the putter.

Question for the people who put multiple layers of tape? Any specific reason?

Golf Pride NDMCs on the Woods/Irons. Iomic on the putter.

Question for the people who put multiple layers of tape? Any specific reason?

Same reason as playing a midsize. Adding tape just increases the size so you don't have to squeeze as tight to hold onto the club. Also, not everyone needs a midsize. Maybe two wraps under a standard is the right size. Just personal preference. Hope that make sense!

standard black winn lite firms on everything with an extra wrap of tape. i love these grips. plus it increases swingweight right to where I like it. I'm not one big on different colors.

Same reason as playing a midsize. Adding tape just increases the size so you don't have to squeeze as tight to hold onto the club. Also, not everyone needs a midsize. Maybe two wraps under a standard is the right size. Just personal preference. Hope that make sense!

Thanks JonD.

I have recently made a full change when it comes to grips. I went outside of the box and I'm using a grip that for the most part has not received any fanfare out here. JumboMax. My hands no longer feel tight, I no longer have the dreaded hooks nor do I have the rights. My experiment turned out great. My tempo is bang on because of the loose hands.

Alex

I just on new VDR's midsize last night. So far am a fan, but need a couple more rounds in.

I've always just used stock grips, but it's my birthday next month so I thought I'd treat myself to some flash new grips. Sorry if this has been addressed before... How do I work out what size grips I need? I'm leaning towards golf pride vdr's.
Thanks

I have recently made a full change when it comes to grips. I went outside of the box and I'm using a grip that for the most part has not received any fanfare out here. JumboMax. My hands no longer feel tight, I no longer have the dreaded hooks nor do I have the rights. My experiment turned out great. My tempo is bang on because of the loose hands.

Alex

I had tried these as my doc said it would be easier on my hands with my arthritis, but I found I was losing 10-15 yards per club with them, so I went back to standard sized grips. Are you noticing any loss of yardage Nicklausfan?

I've always just used stock grips, but it's my birthday next month so I thought I'd treat myself to some flash new grips. Sorry if this has been addressed before... How do I work out what size grips I need? I'm leaning towards golf pride vdr's.
Thanks

If you go on golf pride's website they have a grip selector tool (http://golfpride.com/Grips/GripSelector.aspx) that can assist in giving you some options for grips based on what you say your conditions, preferences, and hand size are.

It's a pretty handy tool in my experience.

Thanks

Happy early bday, I used to be the same, I'd always use the stock, but now that I've tried a few different ones I finally found something I want on all my clubs!! As far as size goes I'd go try them out at whatever store you have close, I thought I wanted Midsize one time so I put it on my driver, used for a round or two, and found out it wasn't for me. It's a $10 investment or so, because I took it off as it didn't work for me, but I now know what size to get and now that I've tried a few I know I like the multicomponds as well!

I have had the Winn Dri-Tac grips on all my clubs since Jan. 5th of this year. The most tacky grips I have ever played, in rain, high humidity and sweaty hands. I have played NDMC and loved those, but with the Dri-Tacs I have never needed a glove for slipping issues.

That said, durability is a huge problem.

My driver shows the most wear, with the left thumb area being severely worn down. Right thumb area on the driver is starting to get there.
3w same areas not as severe.
Irons are starting to show those same areas.

I've played and practiced a ton in this span of time though (Jan 5-March 21), probably equal to most people in 6-9 months. I don't believe my grip is faulty, but my grip pressure might be, especially the longer the club gets.

When I practice, I rarely hit my driver. I usually have a long iron or wedge on the range, for hours at a time, so most of the wear on my driver has come from usage on the course.

I'll be using these grips for at most another month, before I feel like I need to replace them. The driver wear is starting to annoy me quite a bit, and I find myself putting on a glove just to get past that feeling of the worn down areas. I'll be buying NDMC's, seeing as how those lasted me for longer than a year with as much as I practice/play.

Seems like durability is a common problem with Winn grips.

New Decade Multi-compound. I go with either blue or red. Not a big fan of some of the other colors. I also love my Giant Winn Putter grip. I've been putting superbly with it. I did experiement with an Iomic grip the other day at GG and it was suprisingly nice.

ATM I'm in love with my Iomic's X-evolutions + 1 wrap that I got for 30 bucks total on my irons. I'll never get a deal like that on these grips for the rest of my life :((((
My 2nd atm would be the VDR's, good grip and easy on the hands for a decent price.

Golf Pride NDMC in Red and white on wedges. I'm a big fan of Ping's standard grips though, so happy with Irons as they are

Winn Dri-Tac Wrap Lite standard black in the present bag.
I don't play with a glove. Wrap-type grips are all I use.

Golf Pride 2G Tour Wrap. I prefer the 2010 model though because I don't like the new shiney finish even though the feel is the same.

I just all my clubs regripped with Lamkin Perma Wrap classic jumbo grip. Loving them!

Once the OEM grips wear down, then I replace them with Winn soft grips - right now using Win DriTac

Back