The SwingSmart - SwingByte Competitor

Excellent. I was more concerned with air swings and such but it sounds like you guys got it figured out. Thanks for the reply Angelo. Im super intrigued by all this as even at a higher price it still can provide much the same data as getting on a launch monitor which I'll never be able to buy on my own. But this I could.

Do you plan to provide updates to the software and will they be free?

Yes. We will provide software updates and they will be for free. We had a great response to our product at the PGA show this year and we were so impressed by some of the cool ideas people gave us for future software releases. I hope everybody here will be able to get involved with us when we come to market to keep the ideas rolling.

Last edited:
1st, Welcome to THP Angelo. Your product really intrigues me and I do like the idea of having multiple adapter plates on my clubs and then just snapping the module in place...I can see the advantage of this. I look forward to reading a THP review on your product or the possibility of a full forum test of it.

Angelo, any plans to bring this to Android? While we all do accept that iOS is much more advanced and better then Android, LOL, there is a lot of Android love out there.

Yes, Definitely. We are going to bring it out on Android a bit after our release on Apple. I too have caught the Android bug courtesy of my Samsung Galaxy S II. Pretty tough not to love the screen on the Galaxy!

I think you just made a bunch of THP'ers very happy to see that. I have a secret obsession with the Samsung Galaxy Note going on right now. NOW that is a huge screen. My iPhone is nervous this weekend.

I think you just made a bunch of THP'ers very happy to see that. I have a secret obsession with the Samsung Galaxy Note going on right now. NOW that is a huge screen. My iPhone is nervous this weekend.

KMAC, all of your stuff stays nervous....no telling when your secret identity OEM will show up and buy new stuff :D

No, back on topic...when is the planned release date Angleo?

KMAC. you won't be dissapointed with the screen.

Tim, We are planning a release date for Late April/ early May. We are going to be available on our website and you should start to see us popping up in retailers too.

This would be very cool to see at the THP demo day. Not sure if it could happen but would be cool if it did.

We enjoy doing demos. We were out at PGA National on Demo Days at the PGA Show this year and we know for sure that we are going to be at Haggin Oaks on April 27th -29th. If anybody is in the Sacramento area please come by.

Thanks angelo but I will admit I already preordered the SwingByte due to the great price point they are at. I will continue to research the differences between the two programs and look forward to some THP input on your system. Welcome to the site and glad you are hear to answer questions about your product. Either way, it is exciting to have this technology for us golfers now!

Hi Nate. Thanks for the welcome to the site. I'm sorry I lost your first order but thank you for continuing to explore the differences between our products.

Angelo, major props for joining THP and sharing background on the SwingSmart. I'm always interested to hear from entrepreneurs, especially being part of a group like THP that are honestly open to any good idea. As you begin to rollout marketing and media for the device, I'd love to see you continue sharing here.

From a pure consumer perspective I would be great if you could hook up with one of those companies/people who make universal ipad/iphone/android holders and you could hang on the divider fence at the range. Talk about instant feedback you'd be able to use! Anyways, I wish you luck on this endeavor and looking forward to more interactions with you on THP!

Thank you for the words of encouragement d_in_la. I really enjoy sharing information about our product and I am looking forward to contributing to the forum. Cool idea about getting a holder! This is the kind of input that I really enjoy so much when I talk with other golfers.

Welcome angelo! It makes me happy to read post like yours, educational and not salesman like. The product sounds great from what I've read so far and look forward to learning more.

Especially cool that the algorithms understand practice swing vs actual swing, you've done your homework!

--
tapatalk

SW. Thanks for your support. Golf has definitely been my favorite homework assignment.

Yes, Definitely. We are going to bring it out on Android a bit after our release on Apple. I too have caught the Android bug courtesy of my Samsung Galaxy S II. Pretty tough not to love the screen on the Galaxy!

That's great news. Being an Android phone and tablet user, it was a bummer seeing that the product was only for Apple products.

Angelo, major props for joining THP and sharing background on the SwingSmart. I'm always interested to hear from entrepreneurs, especially being part of a group like THP that are honestly open to any good idea. As you begin to rollout marketing and media for the device, I'd love to see you continue sharing here.

From a pure consumer perspective I would be great if you could hook up with one of those companies/people who make universal ipad/iphone/android holders and you could hang on the divider fence at the range. Talk about instant feedback you'd be able to use! Anyways, I wish you luck on this endeavor and looking forward to more interactions with you on THP!

I have this case and it would do the trick that you are talking about DNLA...
https://www.speckproducts.com/tablet-ipad-cases/ipad-2-cases/ipad-2-case-handyshell-grey.html
I too preordered the Swingbyte.

Hi Sangoram. I'm sorry I lost your first order too but thank you for the information about the HandyShell for the iPad. Did you get yours yet? If so, did you try hanging it like they show in the pictures? It looks like it will work perfect.

Did anybody at THP ever get to complete a full review of the SwingSmart. I need to make a buying decision in the next 24 hours between this and the Swingbyte but don't want to go the SwingSmart route given how little feedback we have on it.

Hi Andrevdp. We are in the process of getting some SwingSmarts to The Hacker's Paradise for review. I can answer any questions you might have specifically about the SwingSmart.

Hey Angelo thanks for responding, a couple of pretty specific questions:
1 - How does the device work out Angle of Attack (AoA) i.e. what data does it capture and how does it use this to determine AoA given that for this to be accurate it will need to know where the hands are in relation to the ball at impact and I'm not sure how it can actually determine this.
2 - How does the device have to be aligned with the club face (and how accurate does the alignment need to be) to get accurate swing path, AoA, and face angle at impact results.

Thanks
Andre

Hi Andre,

I will try to answer your questions the best I can in this short format.

1. The absolute orientation of the club is tracked throughout the swing. The orientation recorded at the moment of impact will determine the AoA. In our readout, we present this information as a degree of shaft lag if you maintain the hands in the leading position or as a degree of the shaft flipping if the wrists flipped the club forward.

2. This is a case where a picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't mind taking a look at our tutorial on our App, we have a nice panel of illustrations to show the orientation of the adapter plate and sensor module on the club shaft. One thing to note, our module is underneath the clubshaft. We put it there to keep it out of your line of sight. If you want me to send you the panels, please pm me, and I will send you the same panels that we used in our tutorial. It is certainly better to align the module as close to this position as possible, but because of the smart nature of our system, a few degrees of rotation off center in either direction does not significantly affect our results. One thing to note about face angle, that is common to all of these devices, is that the final face angle readout is relative to where you start. We are very aware of this requirement so we do include an alignment triangle with our system. You can putt off the triangle to help you make very precise adjustments to your putting and you can use it to align your club and the target in full shots by hitting next to it.

I hope this answers your questions and if you have anything else that comes up please let me know.

Angelo

Angelo,

I have looked at your website and I am very interested in one of the devices of this type....there are 3 or 4 of them out now that I know of that all seem to do about the same thing. what is it that makes yours worth more than the other 3 or 4 devices that seemingly do the same thing?

Back