What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great round Cookie, nice back 9 always feels good coming home.

I played holes 1 and 2 at even par and then my shoulder started popping out of its socket and I called it a day. Now I'm taking care of my shoulder.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, that sucks..hope it's not too serious!

Got 9 in this afternoon and put up a 43 with no birdies and one double.

Nice job bro

Played 18 today with threeboysdad and had a great time.

Started out pretty darn rough with 3 doubles and a triple en route to a 46 on the front. Few pars and a birdie also on the front. Putter saved what could have easily been a 50.

Figured out what was causing some fat shots and started striking the ball with the irons much better on the back. Nothing worse than a bogey on the back en route to a 39. So, 85 on the day.

Few stats:

10/14 FW
3/18 GIR
29 putts (lots of ups and downs as you can tell from the very low GIR)

Absolutely bombing drives for me with several GPS'ed in the 265-280 range. Putter was HOT today. Zero 3 putts and making a ton of putts in the 7-12 foot range, felt really, really good.

Nice back 9 Cookie...always cool to add you your score and go "HOLY CRAP!" did I just do that?

Thats how I felt today when Curt told me my score...I was like bullsh!t!...lol

Hell, Im thinking of calling in sick and playing tomorrow! :D

Just noticed your low round on oob. Congrats TBT!

Almost shot my body temperature. - shot a 106, when I got home and took my temp it was 102. There was a direct correlation.

Complete tale of two nines for me.

48 on the front. 39 on the back. 87.

With seven three putts. And 42 total putts. So, yeah, the flatstick was an absolute disaster.

Thanks TBT, I think it has something to do with the 1000 pulls I took on my lawnmower yesterday when I was servicing it.

A million and five. I was so dejected when I left the course today. I was dejected at the turn but struggled through thinking it would get better. It didn't. I went out today with the sole intention of testing my Polara's. But I ended up playing with my Dad and some of his friends, so it wasn't a real good day to try out a new ball and try to record feedback and shots. I played the first hole really well. Was on in two, and three putted for bogey. I wasn't too upset. The greens were a bit slicker than I had thought and my speed was a little off. Hit a great tee shot on two and then it happened..........

The "S" word showed up. Straight right, almost OB right from the left side of the fairway. The "S"'s are like a little gremlin with me. They show up and grab hold. By hole three, I was over compensating and straight pulling everything left. On hole three, an uphill par 3 that I usually play very well. I "S"'d two off the tee, straight right, into a pond. By this time, my mind was shot, my confidence gone. I was just trying to hang on. It was a battle all day. Left, right. I struggled all the way through the bag, because the "S" word jumped up and took a bite out of my ass.

*SIGH*. Last week, I was so confident and felt like my ball striking was the best it had ever been.

Thanks TBT, I think it has something to do with the 1000 pulls I took on my lawnmower yesterday when I was servicing it.

That will do it!

Played 18 today with threeboysdad and had a great time.

Started out pretty darn rough with 3 doubles and a triple en route to a 46 on the front. Few pars and a birdie also on the front. Putter saved what could have easily been a 50.

Figured out what was causing some fat shots and started striking the ball with the irons much better on the back. Nothing worse than a bogey on the back en route to a 39. So, 85 on the day.

Few stats:

10/14 FW
3/18 GIR
29 putts (lots of ups and downs as you can tell from the very low GIR)

Absolutely bombing drives for me with several GPS'ed in the 265-280 range. Putter was HOT today. Zero 3 putts and making a ton of putts in the 7-12 foot range, felt really, really good.

It was great to play with Cookie today. And thanks for not posting my score:clap:
Lets just say not may best day but I did have one bird on the front and 3 pars in a row on the back.

87 @ Doral Red. Two blow up holes totaling +6. Never fails. :banghead:

Okay, so a little more on my PR 74 today. I went up to the course around 2 and there was almost no one there, so I got out and had a nice quiet round. I started with a two putt par on the par 5 first.

2- Par 3, PW to right of green pin high, chip to 2', par. E
3 - Par 4, Drive to center of FW 70 yds from green. Chunked a 56* to about 40 yds, then hit the same club to 10'. Two putt bogey. +1
4 - Par 4. Hybrid to 135, 9 iron to front of green. Two putt par +1
5 - Par 4, Hybrid to 122, PW uphill left me 1 yd short to a back pin. Putted to 3' and made that. +1
6 - Long par 5, Drive to right side of fairway, snap hooked a hybrid into some trees 160 out. Hit a punch draw out to 5 yds short of green. Chipped to 3' and made the putt. +1
7 - Par 4, driver to 150, 8 iron just short of green. Chipped up the hill to center hole location to 3'. Made the putt. +1
8 - Par 3, 115 yards. 52* to front of green, two putt par. +1
9 - Par 5, Drive to left side of FW, hybrid to 80 yds, 56* to 10 feet. Birdie putt looked good the whole way and lipped out. Par +1
Front 9 - 38
10 - Par 3, 5 iron pin high right of green. Chip to 1'. Par +1
11 - Par 5. Drive to an awkward side hill/mound lie, intentionally hooked hybrid to 75 yds, 56* misses the green, chip to 5' and made the putt. +1
12 - Par 4. Toughest hole on the course. Good drive, bad hybrid shot. Left myself with 25' for bogey and drained it. +2
13 - par 4, Hybrid to 150, decided to smash an 8 iron since it was slightly downhill, put it just on the front and two putted. +2
14 - Par 3. 5 iron to front of green, 3 putt :at-wits-end: +3
15 - Par 4, Driver to 112 out, 52* to 6". Almost spun in, but it stopped juuuusssst short. Birdie +2
16 - Par 4, Driver to 140, 9 iron short, chip to 3', made the putt. Par +2
17 - Par 3. Two tiered green with the pin back, hit a 9 iron to 15', two putted. +2
18 - Par 4. Driver to 145, but fairly uphill with my next shot, i took 7 iron which put me at the back of a back to front sloping green with a middle pin. Ended up three putting....:angry: +3

Back 9 36
36+38=74

Conditions: 50*, slight breeze from the west, overcast.

shot 43 and 47 today sratrtedoff strong then ran into a few tough holes...had 2 bad chips on 1 hole and 2 penalty strokes. drove decent and hit r9 irons great. hopefully i can put 2 good nines together soon

92 - blah.

Had a fantastic round today, although it was only 9. I was 3 over with 4 bogeys and a birdie. Here's the hole by hole:

1— A short-ish par 5. Drilled a bomb 250 down the center with a clear line from the hole. Unfortunately, had to lay up since I was in a divot. On in 3, missed my 12-footer for birdie, but ended up with par.
2— Hit the 5w off the tee since it's a tight fairway. Left myself a 7i on, to about 20 feet. Another 2-putt par.
3— A short tee shot left me a tough, 50+ yard uphill shot. Knocked an 8i well right of the green, but a great up and down saved par.
4— A long, fading tee shot pushed the ball into deep the rough. Had to lay up and left myself a good 120 into the green. Hit a 9i into the upslope, but ended up 3-putting for bogey (ouch)
5— Bad tee shot left me in a right fairway bunker. Hit it perfect out of the bunker to about 2 feet and drained the birdie.
6— Long par 4. Hit a short tee shot and had to hit a fairway on the 2nd. Unfortunately, I attempted to power the ball and hooked it well left and short. Got on with about 30 feet left and 2 putted for bogey
7— Hit a power fade off the tee and ended up left of a large patch of pines with no clear way to the hole. Tried to draw it around but ended up in the greenside rough. Chipped on and 2 putted for bogey
8— A 4i onto the green was wasted due to a lack of stopping power. Hit the green right next to the pin, but took a huge bounce and ended up on a down-sloping rough. Had to pitch over the cart path onto a downslope and was lucky to stay on the green. Yet another 2 putt bogey.
9— Had a beautiful draw off the tee that gained me another 15 yards off the tee. A smooth 9i stuck it on the fringe, just about 8 feet from the hole. 2 putt for par

200 maybe stopped keeping score after a few holes

First full round and got around in 90. A little disappointed, I have played better than that the other couple of times I have been out but haven't had the daylight to finish. Still can't complain about March golf in MN though.

77 during a very blustery Sunday.

I think I shot that on the front nine.

I say "blah" because I had three 3-jacks and 5 penalties! That's 8 strokes...I could have had an 84, which would be quite good for me.

I say "blah" because I had three 3-jacks and 5 penalties! That's 8 strokes...I could have had an 84, which would be quite good for me.

I three jacked the first hole. Was on in two, had a nice birdie putt from about 20 feet and the greens were just a touch faster than I was expecting. LOL. I wound up about 6 feet past the hole for par and left that one short. After that, I had the S + Tom Hanks and things quickly went down hill.

I played 30 holes yesterday after working the morning shift and taking in a short business meeting at the course. To say I had a hard time getting around this morning is an understatement, lol. My game was really up and down, but I'm driving the ball like never before, my 3w is just on fire and yesterday the chipping and putting was rock solid. I still ended up shooting pretty close to standard at 83, but the changes made at our course has made it possibly the toughest course in this region now. My iron play seems the only thing holding me back right now, so range time planned soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back