Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

Played 9 for the first time yesterday. Overall, it was a very very good first day. Shot a 41. Decent but not great score, but missed 3 early putts that bumped that number up. I actually hadn't hit all my clubs yet this year, and have only been to the range once for wedge work and testing. That being said, I was only on in regulation on two holes. My new wedges saved me a ton. Driver was very erratic, but that is to be expected at this time of year for me. Putter was inconsistent but not bad. I kept finding ways to save par and only had one double. It will come back in time.

Now that the weather looks like it is going to stay pretty consistent I am going to start working with the pro at my course. I've got 5 lessons, and I told him just to work with whatever he felt needed working on. I was waiting til it got nicer so I knew I could get outside to the range more and work on things that he tells me. I've got a pretty easy week at school and spring break coming up soon so I'm looking forward to a lot of prep over the next couple of weeks.

Good prep everyone, it is so nice out today I don't think I can resist playing on such a beautiful saturday. After my two awful rounds on Friday on worked on my swing yesterday in the yard and figured out what I was doing on friday so I think this round will go really well. Have to convince the wife first but I think she will agree, I was a good boy yesterday and deserve some golf.

About to go play with the silent ninja. Hoping for some straight balls.

Go play, Breezy!

I need the rain to freaking stop so I can get back to hitting on grass

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

About to go play with the silent ninja. Hoping for some straight balls.

Go play, Breezy!
You tell that silent Ninja fella that he's missed and awesome. I'm gonna play today, I just got an invite to play in a tournament today at my course, but its not worth it. Its a great deal for non members but for members I just can't do it. The tourney's being held on the mountain course, so I will be playing the valley course today.

You tell that silent Ninja fella that he's missed and awesome. I'm gonna play today, I just got an invite to play in a tournament today at my course, but its not worth it. Its a great deal for non members but for members I just can't do it. The tourney's being held on the mountain course, so I will be playing the valley course today.

Non CC members are people too!! I am the 99%

Non CC members are people too!! I am the 99%

I know you are Chunky, I just mean its $100 to enter the tournament, and you get a round at Bear Mountain (Normally $89 a round) plus the tourny, plus a dinner and the possibility to win a prize. But as a member all I'm really doing is paying $100 to play a course I'm already a member of. Not worth it, see what I'm saying.

Depends on the dinner. We talking lobster?

Depends on the dinner. We talking lobster?

It would be a yummy dinner, probably steak and it would be served in the mens lounge which the other 364 days a year is just for the male members so it would be a cool experience for some. You should come and play.

I went out and played some course I have never played with Grant yesterday. I ended up shooting an 88.

I had 8 pars, 6 bogeys, 3 doubles and 1 quad. Used 34 putts including 2 3-jacks. Driving is what killed me. I think I had 4 penalty strokes on the round. I was blocking my shots with the driver and that cost me a lot.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Regina has a lawn about 70ft long so I spent about 45 mins chipping balls around. I was just working on trying to make good contact with the 60`. I'm hoping to get to the range on Wednesday to work on my driver for a bit as it cost me big time yesterday. I feel your pain SethO. Supposed to be playing a round on Thursday.

Hopefully going to the putting green today to roll a few hundred putts. The weather isn't helping right now though.

Hopefully going to the putting green today to roll a few hundred putts. The weather isn't helping right now though.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the putting right now, our greens suck up here right now! I played 2 rounds earlier this week, both courses had greens that were recently punched and sanded, they were so bumpy. Anything outside of 5 feet was a crapshoot.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the putting right now, our greens suck up here right now! I played 2 rounds earlier this week, both courses had greens that were recently punched and sanded, they were so bumpy. Anything outside of 5 feet was a crapshoot.

Honestly- mine at my home course were in great shape yesterday shockingly. Know idea why they were in such good condition.

Good point though. Now is about just getting out there and getting the feel of the game back.

With the heat we have gotten here in Indiana our courses are already in spring shape. Within the last week everything turned nice and green, and I could tell my courses greens were running a little quicker already. I can't wait for all the leaves to start popping up on the trees because my new course really is gorgeous. Looking forward to a lot of golf there this summer.

Went for a 5 mile run. It was a bit cold and damp with a 100 percent chance of rain today, thus no golf. Decided to up the cardio instead.

38* and sunny today. After a busy weekend with th family I decided to sneak 9 holes in. Course was fairly empty so I used it to play a practice round with a few balls in play. Considering the 2 club wind it felt like I was always hitting into it was a solid pricatice round. The driver needs a little work but the fairways I missed were not by that much. Tough to tell how I was going with the irons as the wind made it very difficult to judge distance. Short game which was a weakness last year has really come around. Need to practice more with the putter and get used to how fast these greens are on the home course. Overall I am happy with were I am at this point into the season as we are usually still under several feet of snow.

Wanted to say congrats on a great round by TBT. That has to feel great, Tim.

I'm still playing terrible. I have a lesson tonight and hope to figure out why.

Playing yet another Donald Ross design. Hopefully these tight fwys get my game dialed in. TC is gonna take a beating today!

Wanted to say congrats on a great round by TBT. That has to feel great, Tim.

I'm still playing terrible. I have a lesson tonight and hope to figure out why.

I hope it's something simple as we can't see our own swings. I have been throwing my hips out early the last couple of rounds causing some errant shots. Two of my friends at my home track, had no problem seeing it and boom, better swing instantly. You can't see your own faults and having a lesson can really make life easier for you ,when you get back to playing. I am pulling for ya buddy!

Thanks, Gray. Hoping that having access to the range to really work on things I've learned in my lessons will pull things together. I'm still hitting some shots how I want, but my miss right now is ugly and gets my into big trouble.

Back