Thoughts on my career low round

Congrats on the great round Tim, and glad you walked away with some great, positive info to try and keep things going in the right direction.

Tim, thats awesome bro! Congrats on the round. You officially need a Tmex HDCP. i have had a round like your speaking of and for some reason I cant find it again. haha.

Thanks Bro! I know what you mean, that's why I'm not going out expecting to do it again anytime soon...we all get lucky now and then..lol

Wow, congrats Tim! I know the last time I played I was swinging really easy because of my shoulder and hit some really good shots because of it. Good stuff!

Really great stuff in there Tim. You make some good points on things I should be doing more to lower my scores. Congrats on your round. Now to use some of that advise on the course.

Great round TBT! I bet you were on cloud nine for a couple of days after that great score!

Congrats on the low round Tim. 73 is no joke. Sounds like you might be ready to face TC in MC 2.0. Sounds like you may have learned something about your game during the round. I'll be interested to see how that carries over.

Congrats on the low round Tim. 73 is no joke. Sounds like you might be ready to face TC in MC 2.0. Sounds like you may have learned something about your game during the round. I'll be interested to see how that carries over.

Thanks Captain! Let's see what the next few rounds hold before you start throwing me in those kinda matches...lol
I equate this with a pro shooting 62 or 60... The conditions were right, the stars aligned and BOOM...magic! I mean look at GNAC this week, 63 one day, 74 the next....I'll be happy if the things I learned from that round will keep me shooting low to mid 80's for awhile.

Great round and good advice! I will have to remember this and take it to the course next time out. Hope I can shoot my career low!

Thanks Captain! Let's see what the next few rounds hold before you start throwing me in those kinda matches...lol
I equate this with a pro shooting 62 or 60... The conditions were right, the stars aligned and BOOM...magic!I mean look at GNAC this week, 63 one day, 74 the next....I'll be happy if the things I learned from that round will keep me shooting low to mid 80's for awhile.

That is good wisdom buddy as we all know how fickle this game can be. Usually after I shoot one of my "Hawt" rounds, the next day kinda of sucks. It's just the beast in the game coming back and biting ya. At least now you know that number is obtainable and you keep swinging with that smooth tempo and good things will happen.

Last edited:
Tim, congrats on the round buddy, that is awesome!

Quick question, did you add your score up after 9 holes? Any idea what you were shooting during your round or did you just add the score card up after #18?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick question, did you add your score up after 9 holes? Any idea what you were shooting during your round or did you just add the score card up after #18?

I knew I shot 40 on the front because my buddy who was keeping score called out all of our scores.and I shot 40 or so on one side or other all the time so there were no red flags with that..but on the back, I knew I was playing well, but I was in a tough match and was really trying focus on each hole...honestly I had no clue what the score was other than my biggest match was even or I was one up or down.

When he told me what I shot I was like your f-ing kidding me...I had to go look at the card to believe him.

Yeah, I want to know this too. I would've gone crazy by hole 16 knowing I was only +1...

But congrats on a great round! That trying-to-hit-max-distance thing with irons plagues a lot of high handicaps and cause a lot of errant shots in my opinion. No shame in having to club up to hit a more controlled shot.

Well done TBT!! I agree with everything you said. My low rounds tend to be very dull. No trouble, no gambles, nothing out of control. The only excitement comes when the score adds up. You did well to shoot that score with 32 putts.

Great round TBT! Staying within yourself is a hard habit to master, glad it worked out so well for you. Are you keeping that scorecard in the bag for some good mojo?

Tim, awesome day out there good sir! WOW.

As for the thoughts, funnily enough they are all things I started consciously trying to do this last summer and its what let me finally let my rounds down in the 70's pretty consistently by the end of the season. Playing within yourself and thinking your way around the course is such a simple concept but sometimes its so hard to get yourself to grab on to it, but when you do, look out. I love it.

Congrats TBT! I really like hearing success from taking a step back and playing easy. I'm going to incorporate those swing thoughts into my round today, just might save me on these AZ courses.

Tim, how was your game off the tee? Was it better than normal or about the same?

Tim, how was your game off the tee? Was it better than normal or about the same?

its been pretty good lately, but by swinging smooth I only missed one fairway all day! I gave up about 10 yards or so...but being in the short stuff sure made up for it!

Last edited:
That's really good dude. Way to go!

Congrats Tim! I should (we all should) take the part about not hitting 3W every time and playing to a comfortable distance to heart.

nice shooting tim unbelievable !! your experience yesterday sounds similar to mine when I shot 80 on 7/10/11 I can't hit very long because of not being able to use my lower body (legs) but I'm happy breaking 100 on my little goat track 5,050 yds par 66 shot 97 on sat not bad for being off 6 mos. I am looking fwd to this year though.

I did miss that post....congrats Tim! Well done! Course management 101.....something I'm also trying to get better at! Thanks for the post!

Back