TaylorMade Manta Putter - PGA Show Video

I'm very interested in the Nome. Looks like a good SBST putter.

They offer a version for all strokes. Different shaft bends for each.

Tapatalk

They offer a version for all strokes. Different shaft bends for each.

Tapatalk

I'm a double bend kind of guy. :bulgy eyes:

Headed to the course in 1 hour to give the standard length and the belly Mantas a real workout.

Headed to the course in 1 hour to give the standard length and the belly Mantas a real workout.
Looking forward to your thoughts man, for some reason the Manta just stays on my mind.

I'm a double bend kind of guy. :bulgy eyes:

Me too broski. I have been pondering this putter for awhile

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Me too broski. I have been pondering this putter for awhile

I was so disappointed to see only CS and cheater versions.

Double bend ftw! This putter could help me beat TC and his Tiger hatred

Anyone else pondering the great white Manta putter?

I took the two Mantas out for 18 holes yesterday.
I am finishing up the review and will post it later today.

Of course, haven't been able to roll it yet though.

Id have to imagine its showing up soon around you. Im still on the look out for the normal version before I OEM it.

Id have to imagine its showing up soon around you. Im still on the look out for the normal version before I OEM it.
I would go C/S all the way, but that's me. Golfsmith down here always has things out crazy early, not sure whats going on with this one.

I would go C/S all the way, but that's me. Golfsmith down here always has things out crazy early, not sure whats going on with this one.

Well they certainly had your huckleberry at GG over the weekend. If you fancy a 35" shaft.

Well they certainly had your huckleberry at GG over the weekend. If you fancy a 35" shaft.

I do. 35", Center Shaft, it's a daisy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do. 35", Center Shaft, it's a daisy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw it, touched and roll it. I reckon you might like it.

I took the Mantas out for a good test on Sunday.
The course has only been open a week, so it was still wet and it was a little windy.
The greens looked like they hadn't been mowed or rolled yet and were somewhat hairy.

I played the first 9 holes with the belly version and the back 9 holes with the standard length.
The belly version still feels uncomfortable to me, but this is only the second time out with it.
For some reason I tend to turn my whole upper body a little and sway with it.
If I had a belly putter user show me how to properly swing it, I'm sure things would get more comfortable.

I really like how the Manta alignment lines frame the ball at address.
The simple 2 line format is quite different from the Ghost Spider's more complex system.
The Manta seems to be a bit lighter than the Spider which played in well with downhill putts.
On the other hand, when putting uphill, it took more effort to get the ball to the hole.
I didn't get any of the adjustable weights with the putters, so that could help with my weight complaint.
The PureRoll insert feels as good in the Manta as it does in the Spider.
The ball comes off the face and just seems to track right at the hole and I love the sound of it.
I only had one 3 putt green and that was an eagle try on 18 from almost 40 feet.
The first putt came in a little hot, lipped out of the hole and spun about 4 feet away and left a testy sidehill putt that I just missed on the high side.

I've been using some form of Spider putter for 3-4 years now and the more simple form factor of the Manta is quite different.
I'm not saying that as a complaint...but more of a compliment.
I can't say that the Manta will replace my Ghost Spider right now, but that just might change after more extensive testing.

If you get a chance to swing one of these beauties...do it.

I see why you love this thing KMac. Center shaft is amazing.

Tapatalk

I see why you love this thing KMac. Center shaft is amazing.

Tapatalk

As much as I like the Nome today, when I picked up the Manta it was like I was back to what I knew and liked. Im not as much a CS guy but I really like the insert and the alignment lines.

As much as I like the Nome today, when I picked up the Manta it was like I was back to what I knew and liked. Im not as much a CS guy but I really like the insert and the alignment lines.

I rolled the H/S but I agree the alignment aids make it sooo easy. I just don't like how the actually putter looks.

Tap before talk.

I agree the Manta beats the Nome. I was rolling the slight arc Nome, which isn't an awful fit for me, maybe straight would be better. However the ball coming off the Manta just felt better. It reminded me why I get along so well with the (cover your eyes KMac) Spider belly putter. That center shaft Manta with a Winn Grip is most likely a winner.

Just got my manta belly h/s in the mail today. Hit a couple dozen balls on the green tonight. So far i really like it, instant increase in confidence from 6' in. I did not try many above 15-20 feet, not much time. Really easy for aligning, it's incredible. I was worried that the head would be too large, but it isn't that bad. It's not the prettiest putter of all time, but if it helps me become more consistant on the greens i dont care what it looks like.

Put some rolls on this one yesterday, no thanks. I thought I would like it a lot, but there is no way I could putt with this. Couldn't keep from thinking I was putting with a dinner plate on a stick. For comparison I picked up the Spider Ghost, 4/5 from 10' went back to the CS Manta, 2/5 from the same distance then I tried the SeeMore Big FGP, 5/5 from 10'.

I understand the theory behind the manta but I must say my early desires for it were well ruined yesterday.

Put some rolls on this one yesterday, no thanks. I thought I would like it a lot, but there is no way I could putt with this. Couldn't keep from thinking I was putting with a dinner plate on a stick. For comparison I picked up the Spider Ghost, 4/5 from 10' went back to the CS Manta, 2/5 from the same distance then I tried the SeeMore Big FGP, 5/5 from 10'.

I understand the theory behind the manta but I must say my early desires for it were well ruined yesterday.
Same here, SW. When I first saw it, I wanted it. But it seems overly large to me? I wish they would have kept it the same size as the Corza Ghost.

Same here, SW. When I first saw it, I wanted it. But it seems overly large to me? I wish they would have kept it the same size as the Corza Ghost.

That's exactly what I thought too. Of course that would probably lower the MOI but man it would set up so much better.

Last edited:
I had the chance to hit this today and loved the weight of the Manta and it rolled really nice. I just could not get use to not having a middle line so i had to pass it up! Or that was in my bag

Back