2012 NFL Draft Thread

agreed. I don't see him going that high.

I don't see KC taking Kuechly @ 11 if DeCastro is still on the board either.

Also interesting to see Hill going the San Fran after their 2 wr signings...

Dang it DeCastro is going to DALLAS! Stop trying to steal him Doug. Lots of intrigue in this draft starting at Cleveland's pick

me either man. he looks like he could get to 400 after he signs a contract.

I hate the Poe pick at #6 to the Rams. Not sold on that guy at all.

The broncos just signed Tamme who is a good young TE with plenty of room to develop, so I hope Fleener makes it into the second round so the Colts can snatch him up, he would be a great addition their their receiving corp. I don't think the Colts will be as bad at receiver as some may think. If Collie can stay healthy he is he an AMAZING receiver with great hands, and he can get open. Avery is a good new addition to the team with great speed. If they can get a beast of a TE like Fleener then Luck will have some good guys to throw too. Blair White isn't too bad of a guy and could have some great potential if he gets some snaps in at practice with the starting squad.

I love Julio Jones but it kinda takes the fun out of the draft for me as a Falcons fan with no 1st round pick. Also Curtis Lofton cracks me up. He sent out a message on twitter thanking the Falcons and their fans after signing with a division rival. Just take the money and shut your hole.

IN is drinking something besides Colts Coolaid...

The broncos just signed Tamme who is a good young TE with plenty of room to develop, so I hope Fleener makes it into the second round so the Colts can snatch him up, he would be a great addition their their receiving corp. I don't think the Colts will be as bad at receiver as some may think. If Collie can stay healthy he is he an AMAZING receiver with great hands, and he can get open. Avery is a good new addition to the team with great speed. If they can get a beast of a TE like Fleener then Luck will have some good guys to throw too. Blair White isn't too bad of a guy and could have some great potential if he gets some snaps in at practice with the starting squad.

Dang it DeCastro is going to DALLAS! Stop trying to steal him Doug. Lots of intrigue in this draft starting at Cleveland's pick

KMAC, you and Jerry Jones can have him....by trading up to 11. lol. I still think KC trades down. They need an OG but they seem to have interest in Zeitler in the 2nd round.

Man, I have no idea what the Ravens are going to do at 29.

Looks like SI/ESPN/NFL have no idea either. First it was Vontaze Burfict, then it was Peter Konz, now it's Mark Barron? LB, C, S... all the misses in free agency, losing Grubbs, not being able to land Mathis. Been a bad off season so far in Baltimore.

Alshon's pro day is in a couple of days ready to see how that goes id love for the texans to snag him if he is avail.

KMAC, you and Jerry Jones can have him....by trading up to 11. lol. I still think KC trades down. They need an OG but they seem to have interest in Zeitler in the 2nd round.

Ive forbid Jerry from any trades, even for the best guard in the draft.

The Titans have an obvious need in the secondary, but is Dre Kirkpatrick not a better pick at 20 than Stephon Gilmore is? (Assuming Kirkpatrick is still available)

I also don't see the Bengals using their pick at 13 on Richardson after picking up the law firm.

Last edited:
The Titans have an obvious need in the secondary, but is Dre Kirkpatrick not a better pick at 20 than Stephon Gilmore is? (Assuming Kirkpatrick is still available)

Id think so. Maybe safer is the better word?

Id think so. Maybe safer is the better word?

It's all a toss up once you get down to that portion of the draft since you never know who is available, but the Titans have to improve that secondary if they hope to contend with Houston for the AFC South. Hopefully Kirkpatrick or someone similar is available.

I hope Schwartz and the Lions aren't really considering Jenkins. As bad as they need a quality DB I think even if he behaves he'd be a distraction.

From what I've read, Barron would be a steal there - seems to be one that most people say will have a very solid, long career and nothing wrong with that at all. thinking the Chargers could use him, but I don't think they'll be able to pass on a solid OLB for their 3-4 D or an OL if a really good one falls (I still think Dallas takes Barron). Ed Reed and Barron in the back seems like a nice combo.

Man, I have no idea what the Ravens are going to do at 29.

Looks like SI/ESPN/NFL have no idea either. First it was Vontaze Burfict, then it was Peter Konz, now it's Mark Barron? LB, C, S... all the misses in free agency, losing Grubbs, not being able to land Mathis. Been a bad off season so far in Baltimore.

I also don't see the Bengals using their pick at 13 on Richardson after picking up the law firm.
I like Kirkpatrick @ 20 and wouldn't mind that for the Chiefs if they move down. Passing league...can't have too much solid secondary...

Wow. Considering the teams the Titans will be playing they MUST have a better defense or they will be lucky to get to 6 wins.

If their defense performs like it has the last two seasons it will be a long tough season. And there were already many empty seats this last season.

This draft will be a HUGE test for the new GM, Coach, and front office.

From what I've read, Barron would be a steal there - seems to be one that most people say will have a very solid, long career and nothing wrong with that at all. thinking the Chargers could use him, but I don't think they'll be able to pass on a solid OLB for their 3-4 D or an OL if a really good one falls (I still think Dallas takes Barron). Ed Reed and Barron in the back seems like a nice combo.

We'll see. I was disappointed that they let Grubbs get away. Losing JJ is going to hurt on the edge. Ray was a step slow last year and there's no heir apparent (either on the roster or in the draft). Ed Reed is getting old, the offensive line is aging. I'd like to see them get Konz in the first or taking Barron and then a OL in the second. The good news is that they received a couple compensatory picks yesterday. Hopefully Ozzie and his guys can find a few late round jewels.

Wow. Considering the teams the Titans will be playing they MUST have a better defense or they will be lucky to get to 6 wins.

If their defense performs like it has the last two seasons it will be a long tough season. And there were already many empty seats this last season.

This draft will be a HUGE test for the new GM, Coach, and front office.

I agree with you. I went to the Titans v. Ravens game last year and the stadium wasn't close to full. The Titans are my favorite team for sure, but we haven't had a whole lot of success in the draft in recent years.

I don't see how Kirkpatrick could possibly last to the 20s, much less past the top 10. Heck, the Jags probably take him at 7 instead of a DE if he's still there from what I hear around here.

Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon, or bust for the Brownies.

Claiborne may be the best player available at #4 but Cleveland needed to address their laughable offense and draft a WR RB combo in round 1. My pick would go with the #1 WR in Blackmon and use either #22 or #37 for David Wilson, Lamar Miller, or the RB from Boise State. (name has escaped me)

Trent Richardson and Kendall Wright sounds just as sexy though. Wright could actually be a better fit for the Browns because Blackmon and Greg Little are close to the same type of player.... Big bodied and good after the catch.

I don't see how Kirkpatrick could possibly last to the 20s, much less past the top 10. Heck, the Jags probably take him at 7 instead of a DE if he's still there from what I hear around here.

I thought the same thing based purely on talent alone, but the mock draft has him falling to the 20's. I like mock drafts and talking about them, but in reality once you get outside of the top 5-7 picks it is pure speculation.

Blackmon....there's just enough depth at RB and the Browns are picking high enough in the 2nd round where you could probably get RB Doug Martin from BSU

Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon, or bust for the Brownies.

Claiborne may be the best player available at #4 but Cleveland needed to address their laughable offense and draft a WR RB combo in round 1. My pick would go with the #1 WR in Blackmon and use either #22 or #37 for David Wilson, Lamar Miller, or the RB from Boise State. (name has escaped me)

Trent Richardson and Kendall Wright sounds just as sexy though. Wright could actually be a better fit for the Browns because Blackmon and Greg Little are close to the same type of player.... Big bodied and good after the catch.

Blackmon....there's just enough depth at RB and the Browns are picking high enough in the 2nd round where you could probably get RB Doug Martin from BSU

They have 2 first round picks, who would they take with the later pick? I think Richardson could do one of those draft day tumbles because teams set at RB will keep passing on him. Passing league thing too.

Back