The Movie Review Thread

^^^really looking to see that.

went and saw 21 Jump Street this weekend as well! hilarious as expected. slows down at certain times and although i wasn't laughing throughout the entire movie, there were some parts where i almost peed my pants.

I actually saw the subtitled version but this one was just as good. Very well done.

It was a little slow but I loved the topic so it wasn't too bad. The ending was anything but happy that's for sure.

I HATED IT. It was sooo slow and the ending was so bad I wanted to punch something. It reminded me of The American which was another terrible George Clooney movie.

The Hunger Games was really good. Missed a couple of big points from the book that put a lot of context to what's going on, but it still worked very well.

Watched two movies over the weekend. Watched the remake of Fright Night, AWFUL! One of the worst movies Ive ever seen. Skip it.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Amazing. Fantastic movie.
Which one? The new one?

I've done both of the Girl with Dragon Tattoo movies. Both are alright. The new one is really good. The wife did not like watching the new one. Too violent for her.

Which one? The new one?

Yeah my bad, the new remake with Colin Farrell as the vampire. The only thing this movie had going for it was the boys gf was very easy to look at.

I actually saw the subtitled version but this one was just as good. Very well done.

It is great that both versions are fantastic.

Kevin

I've done both of the Girl with Dragon Tattoo movies. Both are alright. The new one is really good. The wife did not like watching the new one. Too violent for her.

I thought the subtitled version was even more violent.

It is great that both versions are fantastic.

Kevin

I was impressed that the new one didnt lose any of its foreign appeal.

Yeah, she did not see that one with me.

My wife saw the new one with me. She actually got nauseous during the rape scene where she gets raped and the where she introduces the guy to a pole.... The beginning in the theater made me a little nauseous with the music really loud and all the flashing things back and forth. Aside from the fact that it was really really long, I loved it.

^^^really looking to see that.

went and saw 21 Jump Street this weekend as well! hilarious as expected. slows down at certain times and although i wasn't laughing throughout the entire movie, there were some parts where i almost peed my pants.

Watched this today made me laugh out loud in Places which is unusual...especially loved the car chase when the chickens finally exploded still makes me chuckle now ( I don't hate chickens by the way but you had to see it to appreciate it.....)

Has anyone seen the movie Courageous (2011)? It's on DVD now and I've heard it's a great movie and a must see for dads. I'm sure I'll be seeing it pretty soon then but wondered if anyone has seen it?

I finished watching Ghost Rider 2. It was BRUTAL. Nick Cage is the worst. He sends the devil back to hell and shockingly enough he stares into the screen and says 'Go To Hell'. Sooooo douche chilling.

Courageous was ok, good message but really sad and a little slow. If you liked facing the giants you will probably like it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Courageous was ok, good message but really sad and a little slow. If you liked facing the giants you will probably like it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
Is that the one with Mark Richt in it?

Did you ever watch Contagion? Worth a watch?

I liked it Kmac. Not spectacular, but a solid flick IMO. I like freaky disease outbreak stuff though.

My wife liked it alot too.

Did you ever watch Contagion? Worth a watch?
Yeah, well worth the watch.

I liked it Kmac. Not spectacular, but a solid flick IMO. I like freaky disease outbreak stuff though.

My wife liked it alot too.
Im the same way. I wouldnt say it's the best movie I have ever seen, but still quite good. And like you, I like the disease outbreak type stuff.

Contagion was good. I liked it a lot.

Kevin

I finished watching Ghost Rider 2. It was BRUTAL. Nick Cage is the worst. He sends the devil back to hell and shockingly enough he stares into the screen and says 'Go To Hell'. Sooooo douche chilling.

We were cool.... LOL

I love Ghost Rider. You could have that idiot Hank Haney playing Ghost Rider and I'd love it. They really made him a wuss in the movies.

The Hunger Games was really good. Missed a couple of big points from the book that put a lot of context to what's going on, but it still worked very well.

I think it's one of those rare movies where another 15 or 20 minutes could have really helped. It would have allowed the director to set things up a little better. I am sure they were concerned about the length already being over 140 minutes, but at that point what's an extra few scenes?

Back