The THP Country Club....on Ea sports Tw 13

Picked up my copy on my lunch break, gotta do a little homework here and then you will have to pry the controller out of my hand to get me to put it down tonight.
Same here dude, except replace homework with get my daughter to sleep.

Doing challenges with Toddler Tiger may be one of the more creative things I've seen.

Doing challenges with Toddler Tiger may be one of the more creative things I've seen.
Ive read a bit about that, sounds interesting. About to pop this in the PS3 and see what its all about.

I just got it and played for about 20 min. Not bad so far. It can be a little hard aiming. My gamer tag is LYNCHBURG14 I am going to try and join the CC tomorrow when I have more time to play.

Ok, just got on the CC page and got everything squared away. PS3 CC, my gamertag name is j0hnnyRingoX, had to delete my other name "rpjohs" from there, as it wasnt associated with my PS3. Stupid electronics.

How is it? I like the TW games but its hard to spend the money on new sports games every year.

How is it? I like the TW games but its hard to spend the money on new sports games every year.

I've been playing the PS3 version all evening with just the controller, and I think this may be the best version I've played yet. I did not care for 2012 at all, but the tempo and swing control of the new version seems very well done. I also like that you earn coins in the game that you can eventually use to buy the downloadable courses. May take a while to earn enough, but at least there is a path short of spending another 30 bucks.

I cant putt worth a darn. The power control for putting is sooo sensitive. I keep blowing everything by the hole. Kinda like real life lately..lol Is there any way to practice putting? I couldnt find it.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I had the same problems with the putting control. Certainly will have to get used to that. Played one round with Kinect. It's pretty cool, but way easier than the controller. Somebody said that aiming putts is a little difficult, it is, but I think I've almost got the hang of it.

Hard because my 360 is in our living room and if there's too much background noise it can't hear your voice commands very well.

Kinect makes it a little too easy because you simply aim and swing. As far as I can see, there's no way to swing wrong with Kinect.

I've been playing the PS3 version all evening with just the controller, and I think this may be the best version I've played yet. I did not care for 2012 at all, but the tempo and swing control of the new version seems very well done. I also like that you earn coins in the game that you can eventually use to buy the downloadable courses. May take a while to earn enough, but at least there is a path short of spending another 30 bucks.
I played for a good bit last night as well. Love the controls on the short game, even with the controller I like how the new swing meter allows you to put "touch" on it. Probably my favorite TW game yet.

I was trying to figure out how to start up a CC Tournament last night, but couldnt figure it out.

I'm thinking of picking this up tonight. Sucks that the 360 CC is already filled. I will start my own snobbish CC with high initiation fees

I'm thinking of picking this up tonight. Sucks that the 360 CC is already filled. I will start my own snobbish CC with high initiation fees

I started a 2nd one last night. "The THP Club 1" password paradise.

I cant putt worth a darn. The power control for putting is sooo sensitive. I keep blowing everything by the hole. Kinda like real life lately..lol Is there any way to practice putting? I couldnt find it.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I'm not sure which edition you bought, or what practice options there are on the standard edition, but for the Collectors edition, there is a putting green option on the Augusta Practice Facility.

What I found worked well is to line up your putts so that you'll make it by overhitting it. So line up a bit shorter with less break and just let your swing meter get in the orange area.

I played for a good bit last night as well. Love the controls on the short game, even with the controller I like how the new swing meter allows you to put "touch" on it. Probably my favorite TW game yet.

I was trying to figure out how to start up a CC Tournament last night, but couldnt figure it out.

I didn't try it, but I think I read somewhere that you have to go to the CC page on the website to set up tourneys.

Ok, Tournaments have to be set up on the EA page. Was just looking around on the PS3 CC page and was playing around with options for a Daily/Weekly Tournament. Anyone interested?

Ok, Tournaments have to be set up on the EA page. Was just looking around on the PS3 CC page and was playing around with options for a Daily/Weekly Tournament. Anyone interested?

I'll play a tournament this evening if you want to set one up.

I'm not sure which edition you bought, or what practice options there are on the standard edition, but for the Collectors edition, there is a putting green option on the Augusta Practice Facility.

What I found worked well is to line up your putts so that you'll make it by overhitting it. So line up a bit shorter with less break and just let your swing meter get in the orange area.

I didnt see a August Practice Facility. I got the regular version.

see below! What's your gamer tag anyway?

I started a 2nd one last night. "The THP Club 1" password paradise.

nice I will join it today. Didn't have time to play last night.

see below! What's your gamer tag anyway?

nice I will join it today. Didn't have time to play last night.

Yeah I played for a little while and then went and watched the Devils game which was soo boring it put me to sleep. I sent you a friend request also. 360 people, post your gamertags.

I didnt see a August Practice Facility. I got the regular version.

I got the reg version to but I had mine preordered, but I have the practice facilsity option, I wasn;t able to actualy play it last night as I had to create my golfer and set all my stuff up, also had a ton of microsoft points so I had to unlock all the good equip, the clubs they have on here are awesome just like in real life. of course this is for 360 with the microsoft points to unlock all the equip and clothing and courses etc...

Also Dev I did join the CC thanks for the info, should have time tonite after 9 to play Ill look for ya online and also send you a friends invite..my gamertag is N0T0RI0USD0G and the 0's are the number 0 not the letter O

I got the reg version to but I had mine preordered, but I have the practice facilsity option, I wasn;t able to actualy play it last night as I had to create my golfer and set all my stuff up, also had a ton of microsoft points so I had to unlock all the good equip, the clubs they have on here are awesome just like in real life. of course this is for 360 with the microsoft points to unlock all the equip and clothing and courses etc...

Also Dev I did join the CC thanks for the info, should have time tonite after 9 to play Ill look for ya online and also send you a friends invite..my gamertag is N0T0RI0USD0G and the 0's are the number 0 not the letter O

Where is the practice facility located? How do you get to it?

I had the same problems with the putting control. Certainly will have to get used to that. Played one round with Kinect. It's pretty cool, but way easier than the controller. Somebody said that aiming putts is a little difficult, it is, but I think I've almost got the hang of it.

Hard because my 360 is in our living room and if there's too much background noise it can't hear your voice commands very well.

Kinect makes it a little too easy because you simply aim and swing. As far as I can see, there's no way to swing wrong with Kinect.

2SHOES,,, would you be able to post the directions to the kinect I have mnever used it before so I didnt try it last night but am intrigued to see how it works, is it just plug it in and chose the kinect option and follow directions? or do I need to set up the eye on the kinect and make sure the vision is right and aiming and all that?

Where is the practice facility located? How do you get to it?

Im trying to remember off the top of my head, hmm I think it is under my golfer or game modes if you scroll down you will see a practice facility option, Ill def look again when I get home to make sure its there but I did see it at one point as i was creating my golfer and unlocking equip.

Just joined The THP Club 1

I'll play a tournament this evening if you want to set one up.
I'll set up a daily tournament for the PS3 CC in a bit. I will keep the difficulty rather easy since we are still learning the controls and what not.

I just ordered the 360 version, should be here next week.

Back