Damaikis' 2012 Golf Season Thread

Looking forward to following your season D! Best of luck my friend.

Good luck D. I look forward to following along.

Well today the while team is playing 9 holes. I'm pretty excited to get an idea of how the team is going to be.

Good luck! Excited to hear how the first team session goes. How's the weather looking? It's brisk and sunny here.

Steel Tappin'

How did your session go, Dam?

I played horrible today. My short game and putting were good, but everything outside 100 yards was going low and right (hook for me). I tied for worst on the team. Let me just say this- I made a one-putt 11 with 2 six irons into the woods off the tee. I shot 50 (+15). But except for two holes (4&5), I was +6 for the other 7. On 4 I made a triple and on 5 I made a +6 11. Geez. I am not happy considering my short game/putting was good. Spring break is coming up so I'll be putting a LOT of work in over that break.

I played horrible today. My short game and putting were good, but everything outside 100 yards was going low and right (hook for me). I tied for worst on the team. Let me just say this- I made a one-putt 11 with 2 six irons into the woods off the tee. I shot 50 (+15). But except for two holes (4&5), I was +6 for the other 7. On 4 I made a triple and on 5 I made a +6 11. Geez. I am not happy considering my short game/putting was good. Spring break is coming up so I'll be putting a LOT of work in over that break.

I had a blow-up day today as well, Dam. It will get better. We'll put in work when we tee it up in March.

Sounds like you tried way too hard buddy

Chin up. We all have those sucky days. Sounds like it's only made you more determined to work, so be patient and it'll come.

Yeah, just let it go and work a bit on your game. It will come around.

we all have those 9's Dam...just remember, it's STILL february...(till tomorrow) 'everyday you either get a little better or a little worse...what have you done today to get better?'

Well we have no more organized golf until after spring break (ends March 26 I think), so I have plenty of time to get some work in. I think one of my problems was that I wasn't getting off my left side (back foot for me) well enough and that led to my miss being off the toe and a low hook. I need to get to the range so I can do some drills and get my ball striking back to where it needs to be.

Well we have no more organized golf until after spring break (ends March 26 I think), so I have plenty of time to get some work in. I think one of my problems was that I wasn't getting off my left side (back foot for me) well enough and that led to my miss being off the toe and a low hook. I need to get to the range so I can do some drills and get my ball striking back to where it needs to be.

Looking forward to meeting you and playing a round with you in a couple weeks, Dam. The range is for the work, the swing thoughts, etc. On the course, I try to forget all of those things and relax as much as I can.

Looking forward to meeting you and playing a round with you in a couple weeks, Dam. The range is for the work, the swing thoughts, etc. On the course, I try to forget all of those things and relax as much as I can.

I think I need to start doing that. And probably better course management. I can't wait to play with you man. It should be a ton of fun.

Get your practice in, Charlie. It's your course, your house! All you have to do is show 'em the way out. Play smart, play well, buddy.

I think I need to start doing that. And probably better course management. I can't wait to play with you man. It should be a ton of fun.

When course management starts to click and becomes habit, those blow up holes that we all have tend to not happen as often.

Really enjoy catching up on the thread D. Wish you the best this season and looking forward to following along.

First practice was yesterday. We did a lot of short game work. I made the second most putts of anyone on the team and that earned me two "tokens". Our coach instituted a method where he gives us tokens based on a good performance to hopefully encourage competition during practice. Today we have a medal match, or an intrasquad match where we keep score like a match and our scores are logged. I'm excited, but it's rainy and wet out. We'll see.

Today in our medal match I shot a pretty interesting 45, second best on the team which is very unusual. Our #2 who usually shoots around a 40 shot a 47 today with a 12 on one Par 5.

I started off with 3 doubles and a bogey in the first 4 holes, so 7 over, but I finished the last 5 holes in +3 (2 pars and 3 bogeys) with one of those pars coming on the hardest hole on the course. I really started to hit the ball well in the latter half of the round, which gives me a bunch of confidence going forward. I feel good about today.

Today in our medal match I shot a pretty interesting 45, second best on the team which is very unusual. Our #2 who usually shoots around a 40 shot a 47 today with a 12 on one Par 5.

I started off with 3 doubles and a bogey in the first 4 holes, so 7 over, but I finished the last 5 holes in +3 (2 pars and 3 bogeys) with one of those pars coming on the hardest hole on the course. I really started to hit the ball well in the latter half of the round, which gives me a bunch of confidence going forward. I feel good about today.

Good luck man! I hope the weather is better for you today and there are some low numbers out there!

Good to see you gain some confidence...I know how much better that makes me feel standing over a shot.

Are these tokens life for the range or something else?

good luck with the matches. Keep up the practice on the short game thats where you make up strokes...

Are these tokens life for the range or something else?

No they're just pennies painted blue and white (our school colors). I'm sure they'll be worth something at the end of the season.

Back