I'm not an addict...

Thegeneral451

King Linksbear
Reaction score
Handicap
Bad
When I had my set of Walter Hagen clubs, I snapped my 3W. I took the pruning shears to the shaft and cut the handle off and electrical taped the shaft nub. I now have the grip with me at work and am working on my grip in my down time.

What do you do that non-golfers will never understand?

I keep a 60* wedge and a putter at my desk. Not to mention my putting green with ball return...

When I was having anxiety attacks really bad and minor heart issues, I kept a calender in my work truck of famous golf holes. I don't know if maybe it relaxed my mind or whatever, but it worked as far as keeping me from having so many anxiety attacks. I also kept a golf ball in my pocket while I worked, and would bounce it when I felt stressed.

I keep a 60* wedge and a putter at my desk. Not to mention my putting green with ball return...

Lucky you! I work in a bank, so the handle gets a few weird looks. If I had a putting green that would prolly result in a meeting with the bosses lol.

When I was having anxiety attacks really bad and minor heart issues, I kept a calender in my work truck of famous golf holes. I don't know if maybe it relaxed my mind or whatever, but it worked as far as keeping me from having so many anxiety attacks. I also kept a golf ball in my pocket while I worked, and would bounce it when I felt stressed.

Its funny how that works. I think of dream courses that I want to play when I'm having a bad day. Or I envision shot scenarios from my local courses. Calms me down or makes my day better also.

I could be anywhere, and out of the blue I'll just practice my swing, even without a club in my hand.

I could be anywhere, and out of the blue I'll just practice my swing, even without a club in my hand.
Been there too lol. Thats actually the first sign I had that I was becoming addicted to the game!

Been there too lol. Thats actually the first sign I had that I was becoming addicted to the game!

Sometimes I have to try to catch myself to make sure no one's around before I do it...lol.

I do that all the time.

Meet and play golf with total strangers from a golf forum

There is a driving range 3 minutes (parking lot to parking lot) from my work. When I am having a bad day I take a 30 minute break and go hit the range or chip and putt. It is very calming.

Guilty of this as well.

Meet and play golf with total strangers from a golf forum

Thats true. Especially when you decided to meet me lol!

There is a driving range 3 minutes (parking lot to parking lot) from my work. When I am having a bad day I take a 30 minute break and go hit the range or chip and putt. It is very calming.
Lucky Bastard!

Putter and a wedge nearby at all times, and THP always up on one of my computer screens.

Putter and a wedge nearby at all times, and THP always up on one of my computer screens.
With your post count i can see the truth in that statement

Have to say that THP is always up on my screen ever since I joined up,,,, its funny b/c I to work i a bank and I have a mirror on my computer, so when peopel walk by I see them look in my cubicle and the head stays there but the body keeps going...LOL but yeah this site is up all day long, i wish I could swing a club or even bring one in here,,security might have a problem with that

Have to say that THP is always up on my screen ever since I joined up,,,, its funny b/c I to work i a bank and I have a mirror on my computer, so when peopel walk by I see them look in my cubicle and the head stays there but the body keeps going...LOL but yeah this site is up all day long, i wish I could swing a club or even bring one in here,,security might have a problem with that
Get a few more promotions and security wont care lol. I am sure you can get a putter by them, just befriend the guards.

Get a few more promotions and security wont care lol. I am sure you can get a putter by them, just befriend the guards.

only prob with that i am the wrong sex, they dont even open the doors for males in my building unless your walking behind a female,,its funny

I use my ruler at my desk and pretned it's a shaft of my wedge.

I do this also! My wife gives me weird looks when I do it, but I think she understands.

Tap tap taparoo

Its funny how that works. I think of dream courses that I want to play when I'm having a bad day. Or I envision shot scenarios from my local courses. Calms me down or makes my day better also.

It's funny you mention stuff like that. Because on nights that I can't sleep instead of counting sheep I count shots. I try to replay my last round in my head, shot by shot. I usually only get to hole 6-7 before I fall asleep.

When I struggle to sleep, instead of sitting on the dark, stressing out, I usually watch golf movies on my iPod. (Happy Gilmore and Caddyshack)

Tap tap taparoo

I've been caught doing this, kind of embarassing.

Back