No more getting wasted the night before golf...

Birdie bottle = we all do a shot of whiskey when someone gets a birdie. It can get ugly, haha.

You just use dixie cups for that? Seems like it would be a pain to have a bunch of shot glasses clanking around in the bag.

Also make sure to eat plenty of carbs before going to bed, for energy in the morning.
I will say the water idea normally works extremely well except certain occasions.
I once downed a full bottle of jack while also drinking water, i was amazed at how much i could drink if i just drank water with alcohol. My buddy dropped me off at home, i had some left over pizza and literally passed out as soon as i hit the couch. I woke up the next morning completely naked and a puddle of piss on my kitchen floor. I havent gotten tanked since, although i somehow have the feeling i will manage to one up it someday.

It takes a big man to admit he pissed himself. Though it might have happened with or without the water - so at least it was 'watered down' piss!

It takes a big man to admit he pissed himself. Though it might have happened with or without the water - so at least it was 'watered down' piss!
stuff happens when you drink, i got some ribbing from my friends over it. To be honest id take taking a leak in my kitchen rather than some of the fat girls ive got tricked into while drunk.

Wait until you get MUCH older...I'm almost 49 and seem to feel wasted without even drinking some days...:D

Eventually we all have that "never again" moment. I had it about 100 times before it was the real, never again. As you age you find that Saturday and Sunday can be spoiled by Friday and Saturday night. After 40 for me, life started to seem too short to waste it on being miserable on your days off, especially when you are paying good money to play a round of golf.

If you expect to soar with the eagles during the day, you can't hoot with the owls at night

Not old, just older and can't drink like I used to and still play golf the next day.

The funniest line of this thread.... I'm getting older now, I'm 26. 26? Really? Wow. HAHAHA. You are really going to be hurting in your late 30's and 40's! Anyways, welcome to THP.

Dang! I finally figured out you can't hang with the young dogs and run with the pack the next morning. I'm only 61 however drinking too much the night before, kicks my arse like a sledge hammer:bulgy-eyes:!

Last edited:
You just use dixie cups for that? Seems like it would be a pain to have a bunch of shot glasses clanking around in the bag.

We each have a shot glass tucked away in our bag, haha. Golf bags have room for just about anything these days.

Wait till you get in your 40's and see how the recovery from a long night out takes. I also have sworn away from long nights befor golf and my game has improved dramatically.

We just pull off the flask. Nothing classy or sophisticated.

stuff happens when you drink, i got some ribbing from my friends over it. To be honest id take taking a leak in my kitchen rather than some of the fat girls ive got tricked into while drunk.

Haha! Don't know what to say to you there. Get your beer goggles checked?

Hello all, newb here. Just a thought I'd like to share. I'm getting older now, almost 26 and I can't recover as well as I used to from a long night out. I was out til 2 am Saturday night and went and played 27 holes at 10 am Sunday morning. It was awful. I didn't start to feel better until the 3rd 9 holes. I plan to play a lot of tournaments this year and have decided that I'm never going to feel like I did Sunday morning playing golf again. That is all. thanks.

Wait till you 33!

Hello all, newb here. Just a thought I'd like to share. I'm getting older now, almost 26 and I can't recover as well as I used to from a long night out. I was out til 2 am Saturday night and went and played 27 holes at 10 am Sunday morning. It was awful. I didn't start to feel better until the 3rd 9 holes. I plan to play a lot of tournaments this year and have decided that I'm never going to feel like I did Sunday morning playing golf again. That is all. thanks.

Youre getting old??? lol, 26 is still way young

Back