What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
83 today a 40 front and a 43 back should have been a 78 79 round they had just hollow timed the greens so it was abit hit and hope on the greens I had 1 OB from the tee which I managed to boggy anyway! Very pleased with the way I hit the ball today just peeped me for my comp on Friday!!

Second round today with my new RBZ irons and I couldn't be much happier. Shot a 78 (equals my best score). Hit 2 bad shots the whole round. One was a topped 8 iron that didn't end up hurting me and the other was a 5 iron off the toe on a par 3 that unfortunately had a pond in front of it. That one ended up as a double-bogey. Other than that, it was a lot of fun. Best part was, my regular golf buddy had a good day too and we were neck and neck all day. It came down to 18 and he sank a 20 foot big breaking putt to save par after which I dropped in an 8 footer for birdie to win by 1.

Finished with:
11 of 14 Fairways
9 GIR
31 putts
9 pars
2 birdies
2 Doubles
5 bogies

Drumroll please.......38/33 for an even par 71. Really weird round...I hit the ball very well off the tee, and my fairway woods and wedges were pretty solid, but I couldn't hit my irons well at all. Everything was thin, low, screamer, but I got some really great bounces and rolls to save my round.

The fairways were being aerated today, and the grounds crew was driving all kinds of vehicles on 3 of the first five holes. I shouldn't let it bother me, but it just got in my head that these guys were driving around right where we were trying to hit. I only hit 1 green out fo the first 5 holes, and I was 2 over. Starting with the 6th tee, the workers were behind us and I was able to relax. I hit 12 straight GIRs. On a lot of those holes I was hitting bad iron shots that hit short of the green and rolled up, so I wasn't really getting good birdie looks, but I did manage to birdie two of the par 5s by hitting good wedge shots. Had birdie putts burn the edges on 16 and 17, so I came to the 18th sitting at even par on the day. I haven't been under par on 9 holes in over 10 years, and even par on the 18th tee is just unheard of.

The 18th is a 423 yard, uphill par 4, with a huge ravine in front of the green. I usually lay up. Today I hit a decent drive that left me with 180 to the pin. I took a 4 iron because its an uphill shot, and I was not hitting my irons well. Thinned it, but it cleared the ravine and rolled into the front bunker. Sank a 16 foot par putt for the sand save!!

Wish I could have seen some of this good fortune during the Georgia outing last Saturday....

90 (43/47) with an 8 on the last hole. (See worst hole of the day thread later for that). Also see best shot of the day thread for a few of those.

UGH! I regressed. Badly. I battled the driver the entire front nine and was actually putting decent for a change. Finally got the driver working on the back nine, and my short game went to hell. My chipping has been really, really bad lately. I also felt like I was battling a little bit of fatigue around hole 13.

Ended up with a freaking 99. 46 on the front, 53 on the back, with the awful bad shot and awful luck sprinkled in along the way.

Drumroll please.......38/33 for an even par 71. Really weird round...I hit the ball very well off the tee, and my fairway woods and wedges were pretty solid, but I couldn't hit my irons well at all. Everything was thin, low, screamer, but I got some really great bounces and rolls to save my round.

The fairways were being aerated today, and the grounds crew was driving all kinds of vehicles on 3 of the first five holes. I shouldn't let it bother me, but it just got in my head that these guys were driving around right where we were trying to hit. I only hit 1 green out fo the first 5 holes, and I was 2 over. Starting with the 6th tee, the workers were behind us and I was able to relax. I hit 12 straight GIRs. On a lot of those holes I was hitting bad iron shots that hit short of the green and rolled up, so I wasn't really getting good birdie looks, but I did manage to birdie two of the par 5s by hitting good wedge shots. Had birdie putts burn the edges on 16 and 17, so I came to the 18th sitting at even par on the day. I haven't been under par on 9 holes in over 10 years, and even par on the 18th tee is just unheard of.

The 18th is a 423 yard, uphill par 4, with a huge ravine in front of the green. I usually lay up. Today I hit a decent drive that left me with 180 to the pin. I took a 4 iron because its an uphill shot, and I was not hitting my irons well. Thinned it, but it cleared the ravine and rolled into the front bunker. Sank a 16 foot par putt for the sand save!!

Wish I could have seen some of this good fortune during the Georgia outing last Saturday....

Congrats rusty. Good round!

Congrats on the super round Rusty. Where did you play?

TapAhoy!

Congrats on the super round Rusty. Where did you play?

TapAhoy!

Hampton Golf Village. It wasn't crowded, and once we started playing we found out why.

+7/+5
so i finally figured out my long game... swing faster and hit the ball squarer... ball go far
the only problem is im spraying the ball everywhere lol
lost one ball duck hooking it into the pond right beside the tee
got a birdie but missed 3 others all inside 6ft
hit some girs today by hitting teeshots inside of 150... its been a long time
only 1 double today... almost reached that goal... couldnt help it since i duck hooked it (see above)
only 1 3 putt
considering it was blowing about 40mph... i think i did okay

+10 45 in our medal round. Horrid start but decent finish salvaged the round. 2nd best on the team today which is really odd.

84 Today. Can not complain though. Have not had much of a chance to play the last 4 weeks. I believe I only missed 1 fairway on the front and missed 3 on the back (just off on all 3). Had THREEBOYSDAD threaten to video me for hole of the day. Told him today was probably not he best day. Then proceeded to top my drive about 80 yards on a par 5. That was not my worst shot today. 4 holes later I hooked my drive into the trees. The funny part was, after my playing partner teed off and we got to his ball, I was in the fairway 20 yards ahead of him. That was one in my favor for once.

Hampton Golf Village. It wasn't crowded, and once we started playing we found out why.

Great round, way to go.

How do you like HGV? There are several holes there that I just do not care for, it has been several years so I don't remember the hole numbers but they usually involved hitting blind shots up steep slopes.

40/41 today, I was driving the ball crazy good off the box. Once again the irons were giving me fits, I may break out the old Nickents soon.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Great round, way to go.

How do you like HGV? There are several holes there that I just do not care for, it has been several years so I don't remember the hole numbers but they usually involved hitting blind shots up steep slopes.

4 and 12.....they are not really blind tee shots, but you are hitting straight uphill and if you don't reach the 150 marker your ball will come rolling back towards you. I hate those two holes.

HGV is a decent little course, but the layout is screwy. In addition to those two holes, there are a couple of par 5s with extremely elevated tees and very narrow landing areas, and a couple of short par 4s that are driveable for guys who are a bit longer than me. But they keep it in good shape, and its never really crowded.

For mountain courses, I prefer driving up the road a bit to Chestatee.

Played Willis Case which is a Denver City course. Shot 50/40 for a 90 with 4 triple bogeys. Bad front but a good back considering the triple on 18. Hit my teeshot on #10 3 ft right of the hole for my only bird of the day. Looked real good for a moment.

Men's league tonight...shot a 42. It probably should have been worse but every time I screwed up I saved myself with a pretty sweet recovery shot and I putted well. I hit 2 nasty hosel rockets that went straight right, ask JB about that shot...I nearly killed him with it at Windermere CC last January. Funny thing was before league play I went out and played about 4 holes and was +1 on those 4. I'm not too worried, it's still March, I'll be fine.

40/41 today, I was driving the ball crazy good off the box. Once again the irons were giving me fits, I may break out the old Nickents soon.

Tap,Tap,Tap
I went back to the HB3's too, but I kept the Adams hybrids in the bag. If you break out the Nickents, will you keep the hybrids in?

I am back to all the Adams again.

Had the best round of my life today absolutely killed it all day. The course is a par 70 and the greens were nice and fast just how I like them. Shot a 41 on the front and 48 on the back giving me a gross score of 89. We just playing 2 v's 2 in a friendly 4 ball so the lads gave me a HC of 10 which gave me a nett score of 79. First time ever breaking 80.

Driver was solid even though I only hit 3 of 13 fairways. Iron play was pretty good hitting 7 greens but I scrambled like a MOFO. I had 35 putts 2 3 putts. The new Callaway Forged wedges dug me out of a lot of trouble today.

Gotta say i'm glad to be seeing my hard work at the range paying off. Playing in hot weather is starting to suit my game bring on July I'm gonna kick a**

Nice work D. Good decision to get out there today!

Nice work D. Good decision to get out there today!

Thanks man. I think it help me if I can get out as much as possible in high temps, felt tired today at the end but kept drinking water to keep me going

I shot 38 today with 2 doubles. It was an up and down kind of round with the irons, but the rest of the game was clicking. Chip in for birdie and one other long putt for birdie and the rest pars.

On a side note, GG broke 50 today for the 1st time with a 48. She three putt 3 times too, so it could have been even lower. She is hitting her driver so well right now its scary.

Congrats, GG!

(That should have been the lead story!)

Congrats on breaking 50 GG; that's awesome!

JB: well done on a 38 with the irons not working their best, solid golf.

Team Hackers tapping!

WTG Morgan!!! Congrats on the personal best!!

Congrats GG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back