R11 vs R11s vs Rocketballz

pkellz25

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have any opinions on which one is better? I tend to have a little bit of a fade on the ball (not a slice) and I can hit the ball about 275-290 with my old R7 cgb max. I bought the R11 but havn't hit it yet and I am thinking about returning it and upgrading to the R11s or Rocketballz.

There's been about three threads like this started in the last few months. Everyone is going to tell you to reference the threads for those three clubs.

Personally, I like the R11S best because it has the best shaft IMO.

There's been about three threads like this started in the last few months. Everyone is going to tell you to reference the threads for those three clubs.

Personally, I like the R11S best because it has the best shaft IMO.
What an ironic post.

I have been playing the R11 for the past year and it is the best driver I have owned! That being said, it lacks a bit in forgiveness. I have been very excited for the R11s as they made it bigger (460cc vs 440cc) which should equate to more forgiveness. I went and hit it and I just can't get comfortable with it. I don't know why, but it feels weird to me. I like the RBZ Tour Driver quite a bit, but it spins a lot for me.

What an ironic post.

Should make a poll about it R11 - R11S - Rocketballz

I don't know why, but I want to try out that R11s now. Maybe because Tmex doesn't like it so much.

Should make a poll about it R11 - R11S - Rocketballz

I don't know why, but I want to try out that R11s now. Maybe because Tmex doesn't like it so much.
Haha, a poll would be the best way to go.

assuming that you mean the drivers...I hear the R11s trumps the other two.

I was in the exact same boat as you. I got a ridiculous deal on a brand new R11 TP and then the R11s and RBZ came out befor ei even got a chance to unwrap it. I spent at least two weeks researching and testing them all before ultimately sticking with the R11. I just honestly couldn't justify the extra scratch to get the S or RBZ, though the RBZ Tour is what was the best (for me), all things being equal.

The thing is I would only have to spend about 50 extra bucks for the R11s and I would actually get about 50 bucks back if I went with the rbz...

The thing is I would only have to spend about 50 extra bucks for the R11s and I would actually get about 50 bucks back if I went with the rbz...

that isn't all that bad. Is it the RBZ or RBZ tour? If you can save money and the RBZ is better for your game, I'd go with that

I can get either one of them for the same price but I need a draw bias instead of a fade bias on my driver because of my slight fade

Which club do you feel more confident with and hit better? That's the one I'd go with.

Have you hit them? If not I'd do that, if so go with what you like.

I can get either one of them for the same price but I need a draw bias instead of a fade bias on my driver because of my slight fade

I believe the internal weighting in the RBZ would give you that. Not sure on the others, but you could promote a draw bias by changing the weights around(I believe and could be way wrong).

I have hit the R11s, R11, and rbz at dicks sporting goods. I havn't tried the tour because from what I have read the tour version is more of a neutral setting compared to a draw setting. I like how light the RBZ is compared to the R11 and R11s so I may just return my R11 and pick up the RBZ.

You can adjust everything on the R11s and is ultra forgiving, I have hit the other drivers and the R11s is the only driver I can see myself hitting for years.

If it were me and i could have had the RBZ tour or the R11 TP for the same price, i would have went RBZ. I do not ground my driver so the ASP is useless. The FCT on the RBZ lets you change the loft 1.5 degree higher or 1.5 degree lower, whereas the R11 is 1 degree; both incrementally. The MVT i don't even change, i keep the heavier weight in the heel at all times since i tend to slice. The RBZ already has weight in the heel internally. However, all things are not created equalt and it would have cost me another $100 to get the RBZ so long live the R11!!

I have hit them all with a lot of different shafts for me the rbz tour was the best best ball flight best dispersion it's always going to be a personal choice why not go hit to other 2 along with the your r 11 what ever is bet bingo!!

Tried all, R11 felt like it was hitting a rock, RBZ was nice, very forgiving but i didn't like the address of it for some reason i don't know i just didn't have that Wow factor when i was hitting it. Then the R11s i absolutely love its alot more forgiving then the last model, and i hit it dead straight and very far compared to my older driver!

And honestly i would look at the Burner Tour, I love it and it bombs! But the heads black so if your looking for the white i would say no.

R11 223
RBZ 257
Burner 264
R11S 279

My yards were around these numbers on average believe it or not, Love my R11s

decided to go with the Rocketballz 9.5 with a Matrix xcon 5 stiff shaft. Havnt hit it yet but I was very satisfied with how it felt hitting it into a launch monitor!

decided to go with the Rocketballz 9.5 with a Matrix xcon 5 stiff shaft. Havnt hit it yet but I was very satisfied with how it felt hitting it into a launch monitor!

Wait a sec??? You asked for everyone’s opinion on which you should buy and the majority says the R11S and yet you buy the RBZ? What was the original idea behind asking then?

Wait a sec??? You asked for everyone’s opinion on which you should buy and the majority says the R11S and yet you buy the RBZ? What was the original idea behind asking then?

I would assume to gather as much information prior to making a decision. Which he did. This isn't a binding agreement.

I would assume to gather as much information prior to making a decision. Which he did. This isn't a binding agreement.

He started the thread and within 14hrs gathered as much info that he needed from the majority saying R11S only to buy the RBZ? Okay then... I see how that happened.
It doesn't matter to me what he ultimately picked as he is the one playing the club. Just seemed odd.

EDIT: This is not an attack on you or the OP. More of an "I don't understand" moment. :)

Anyone have any opinions on which one is better? I tend to have a little bit of a fade on the ball (not a slice) and I can hit the ball about 275-290 with my old R7 cgb max. I bought the R11 but havn't hit it yet and I am thinking about returning it and upgrading to the R11s or Rocketballz.
Same here, I just got a 9.5* RBZ and I love it!

Have you hit them? If not I'd do that, if so go with what you like.

I took this advice to heart. Went to go hit all 3 and decided on the RBZ. I appreciate all the information that I received about the R11s being better but for me the RBZ was the way to go.

Back