Finding Clubs on the Course

We once had a guy ride up on his cart with a sh*t eating grin on his face. He holds up a bag and asks if anyone wanted to buy a complete set of clubs with bag. My father just looked at him and said nah, we're good. Then I seen it hit him like a brick. They were his! He must of not tightened it enough on his cart and they fell off.

I play often with my 8 year old who uses his clubs like Hansel and Gretel used bread crumbs. Once we reached the 7th green and he says he can't find his putter. We race back to the previous green only to find his 7 iron in the fairway and his driver on the tee box along the way.

I blew a gasket and put all three in my bag and made him play the rest of the round without them. Cured the problem for now at least.

Agree with others here, this isn't even a question. Turn it in. When I find a club on the course, there's no hitting or messing around with it, just set it aside in the cart/bag. Usually someone comes looking pretty soon but I've made it to the club house and turned in a couple.

I thought this was a Gentlemans game and the right thing to do is always turn anything you find in to the club house . I mark all my balls , and I have even had guys from my mens club return my lost balls they have found ......... LOL
They usually tell me I am loosing my marbles when they hand them to me .

I found a new 54º Vokey on the course yesterday and I turned it in. I think I deserve a cookie.

The girlfriend is making cookies right now. Mailing address?

You pay shipping though.

I had a guy come in today looking for a Cleveland wedge he lost on our course. It bothers me a lot that someone had to have found it, yet no one turned the thing in. I really thought we had much better people on this course than that.

I usually hang onto the club and ask the groups in front of me if it's theirs. If not, I turn it in at the end of my round.

BUT if I left my club behind, even if I knew exactly where I left it, I would blame no one but myself if I never got it back.

I had a guy come in today looking for a Cleveland wedge he lost on our course. It bothers me a lot that someone had to have found it, yet no one turned the thing in. I really thought we had much better people on this course than that.

The same thing has happened at my course when I've been there working. Really sucks when someone comes in looking for something and it never gets turned in. That sucks for sure.

I have a lost story that probably trumps all of yours. I was golfing a short nine hole round last week with my friend. The group of us was extremely slow and we were getting to the 8th teebox when they were just leaving it. So, we both sat down and I used my phone to call my brother for a ride. It was a brand new Samsung Note. We finally teed off and I ended up birdieing the hole. Well, we got to the ninth tee, hit our tee shots, and got going. I was walking up to my ball when the guy behind me pulled up and said: "forget something?" And sure enough he was holding my phone. It must have fallen out of my pocket when I sat down on the 8th tee. I was beyond grateful and thanked him repeatedly. After reading all these posts about lying club-stealers this reminds me how good people can be.

Tappin!

We were on 18 today, and a husband and wife couple were coming up 9. She asks him do you see your ball? And he says no, I know it was right here by these carts, but it's gone now, and he just looked at us. I am pretty sure he thinks we picked up his ball, but no one was anywhere near where he thought it was. I started helping him look for it before he said that, so I said loud enough for him to hear, " I'm not going to worry about looking for it, it's not my ball." I'm sure it was somewhere in the deep rough, but I didn't care at that point.

You did the right thing by turning it in at the pro shop. that's right good golf karma will come your way.

Found a putter on the fringe of the 10th green during my round this past Sunday. Thought that was kinda weird......who forgets their putter??
Was an old Ping knockoff. Well worn. Figured it must be from the 3some in front of us but they never came back to ask us about it.
Turned it in to the clubhouse after our round. It could have been a $1000 Scotty Cameron model and I still would have turned it in.

Jot says, "Don't steal!"
190px-JOT_cartoon.png

It's shocking.

I always return clubs, there was only one time i didnt return something. Being good friends with the course they asked me and my playing partner to pull a cart out of a creek that some drunks had wrecked it into (whom were asked to leave the course), i found a head cover in the basket and just threw it in my bag. Completely forgot about it until the next day when i was going through my bag at home. Still have it in my basement somewhere.

I think I'd have to be the one doing the hurting if someone asked me if I had their club, I told them I didn't and they still looked in my bag as if I were lying. Golf is a game of honor, if someone says they don't have it, I'd have to take them at their word, even if I didn't believe them. By assuming they are lying to you, you are no better than they are if they did indeed have the club.

Trust, but verify.

More than 90% of the time I take people at their word, but I am not naive. Everyone does not adhere to the same honor code. When I am in a situation where I do not feel like I am getting the truth, I do not blindly accept it as fact because questioning it makes me a bad guy too.

Always return it. I have left a wedge behind and it is a crappy feeling. I wouldn't want to put anyone through that. I feel that golf has a certain honor to it too.

Always return it. I have left a wedge behind and it is a crappy feeling. I wouldn't want to put anyone through that. I feel that golf has a certain honor to it too.

Yup. As for using it for a few holes, I would think of it as a demo, its not like you would treat it any worse than your own clubs and likely treated better. I don't think anyone here hasn't left something behind on the golf course at one time or another and appreciated getting stuff back.

I believe in Karma. Some day soon you will find the wedge you want on sale at a price you can afford.

I always turn found clubs in.

Last year I found 4 wedges, 2 putters, an 8 iron and a driver of all things on the greens.

There was a putter under the bed in our hotel room today. Rossa TP Kia Ma. Turned it in to the front desk, I hope he gets his putter back!

I was playing with a guy yesterday who forgot his wedge on no joke, four holes straight. And every time I'd remind him of it laying there, he'd look completely mortified haha!

kudos to those who respect their fellow golfers and turn the clubs in. Great move.

Always return a found club - its not mine! A good investment is the ~$10.00 club labels that you can put on your clubs with your name and phone number! I've never lost a club, but hope that anyone finding one of mine would call me.

There was a putter under the bed in our hotel room today. Rossa TP Kia Ma. Turned it in to the front desk, I hope he gets his putter back!
Makes you wonder how well they actually clean those rooms in that hotel.

Makes you wonder how well they actually clean those rooms in that hotel.

I was wondering what someone was doing with a putter under their hotel room bed. Was there a driver in the shower as well?

Anything I find on the course I return it to the clubhouse, it's just the right thing to do.

Wedges are not always lost near bunkers or the green.

I flubbed a shot off the tee once. Went to look for the ball in a hilly rough, and my pull cart capsized with the bag. I put it all back together, picked up the ball and continued playing. After a few holes, I needed my sand wedge, and it wasn't in the bag. I knew I had hit it on hole 2 (the capsize was on hole 3), so I want back and searched near all the greens and bunkers up to hole 3, and asked the people on the course. Nobody had seen it. The fact that it might have fallen out when the bag fell down never occurred to me until I reached home. Went back and looked the next day, but the club was gone and nobody ever turned it in.

Back