2012 NFL Draft Thread

Yeah, I don't see Mizzou Tight Ends having success at the next level. See Rucker and Cauffman. Both were all world in college, and I don't even know if either are in the league anymore.

Chase was drafted to the Bengals right? To replace whats his face... haha I cant think of his name right now and i dont think it happened.

Fleeker. He's the only one that may go in the first but could see him in the 2nd round as well.
I thought Standfords Tight End was considered a Gronk type but with a 4.4 40 time? Projected to be a first rounder. Late though.

Fleeker. He's the only one that may go in the first but could see him in the 2nd round as well.

Yuppers! Plus he is no Gronk. He came from the UofA. Where talent lives. Nick Foles is going to be the next big QB.

Yeah, I don't see Mizzou Tight Ends having success at the next level. See Rucker and Cauffman. Both were all world in college, and I don't even know if either are in the league anymore.

You are right with those two..they have bounce around with teams and practice squads. Not sure they were ever put into a position to succeed, though. Not trying to defend them, just makes you wonder how they would have done if they were put in a spot like NE...

Yuppers! Plus he is no Gronk. He came from the UofA. Where talent lives. Nick Foles is going to be the next big QB.
whoa. bold.

You are right with those two..they have bounce around with teams and practice squads. Not sure they were ever put into a position to succeed, though. Not trying to defend them, just makes you wonder how they would have done if they were put in a spot like NE...

Yeah, it is all about the situation. But if I remember right, Rucker was in Cleveland his rookie year, and Cauffman in Cincy, so it's not exactly like they were buried behind all world tight ends. I think you hit the ole nail on the head when you said the blocking aspect wasn't there and it probably held them back. If anything, I thought Rucker had a really good shot at being a top tier tight end.

3 tweets of interest regarding Melvin Ingram from today's Pro Day at South Carolina:
"@TonyPauline Direct quote; "Melvin Ingram's performance in position drills was A+"...."
"@TonyPauline Rave reviews from multiple sources keep coming in on the performance of Melvin Ingram today...top 8 for sure..."
"@TonyPauline Hearing the New York Jets have a large presence presently watching Melvin Ingram participate in position drills at USC pro-day...."

thank gawd

3 tweets of interest regarding Melvin Ingram from today's Pro Day at South Carolina:
"@TonyPauline Direct quote; "Melvin Ingram's performance in position drills was A+"...."
"@TonyPauline Rave reviews from multiple sources keep coming in on the performance of Melvin Ingram today...top 8 for sure..."
"@TonyPauline Hearing the New York Jets have a large presence presently watching Melvin Ingram participate in position drills at USC pro-day...."

thank gawd

I don't know how many Jets guys were there, but I did see a picture earlier today of Rex Ryan talking to Steve Spurrier, I'm going to assume that they were discussing Ingram.

From what I have read, this guy seems like a versatile machine. Not sure where he would fit in KC's base 3-4 defense-he doesn't seem big enough to play a 3-4 DE and we are covered @ OLB. Would be interesting to see him work out of the 2-4-5 sub package though.

Ingram would be an interesting pick for Jacksonville at 7. Certainly more likely than Coples, who is in no way a Gene Smith guy given his effort issues. No way the Jags draft Coples. But Ingram... could be possible. Might be a bit light to be a true DE, but holding up against the run isn't as important with today's pass-happy rules.

Just saw some highlights of his pro day. The way he seems to be jumping up draft boards, I'm not sure he will be there @ 8.
Word around here is that STL is very willing to trade down from 6.

The Rams are going to stock pile aren't they? It's smart.

The Rams are going to stock pile aren't they? It's smart.

Yep, they just have SOOO many holes to fill. Sure they could use Blackmon but if they could gain pick(s) and still get Floyd, Hill, Jeffrey, etc I think they would be ahead of the game.

Really, what QB shouldnt complete 65 of 68 throws in shorts? With no defenders. Why didnt he complete all 68? Pro days are stupid.

Really, what QB shouldnt complete 65 of 68 throws in shorts? With no defenders. Why didnt he complete all 68? Pro days are stupid.

Agreed. Too much emphasis on combines and pro days, and not enough on what these kids did in a whole freaking season of football.

Agreed. Too much emphasis on combines and pro days, and not enough on what these kids did in a whole freaking season of football.

Im sure there are good things that come out of these like healed injuries and maybe to see arm strength or whatnot. But these guys "wowed" and "shines" completing 65 passes. Really? So did all the other guys.

TC, who are you liking for Camolina in the first round?

TC, who are you liking for Camolina in the first round?

Not that combine wonder Poe. I can tell you that much. He had 31 tackles and a sack at Memphis last year. At Memphis.

Not that combine wonder Poe. I can tell you that much. He had 31 tackles and a sack at Memphis last year. At Memphis.

You and me both. I have seen him going to KC which I am strongly against. If he falls to the second round, then my interest goes up.

You and me both. I have seen him going to KC which I am strongly against. If he falls to the second round, then my interest goes up.

I would agree with him going to Carolina in Round 2. I'd love to see them snag a Michael Floyd at #9 to be honest. We need another receiver opposite Steve Smith.

I would agree with him going to Carolina in Round 2. I'd love to see them snag a Michael Floyd at #9 to be honest. We need another receiver opposite Steve Smith.

I like that pick. Might be a reach though that high.

I haven't seen Floyd go that high, but it would certainly fill a need. With the Tolbert signing, do you see Dwill or Jstew getting traded? That backfield seems a little crowded.

Im sure there are good things that come out of these like healed injuries and maybe to see arm strength or whatnot. But these guys "wowed" and "shines" completing 65 passes. Really? So did all the other guys.
Agree. I guess they just don't want to watch film from last year on him. The guy was a deer in headlights in the Texas game they played AT HOME on national TV. I mean for gosh sakes, he let a McCoy beat him.

Back