You may call me...Sir Chokesalot

klaymon

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I took a vacation day today and went to play a round at the local cow pasture. The wind was howling and I figured it would be rough, but I opened with a par on the first hole and proceeded to pound the front nine at 3 over. I was more than happy with my play. My second shots and chipping/putting were really awesome.

I walk into the club house to grab a drink and I'm thinking to myself "I could shoot a 50 and still break 90 today". Never did I imagine I would be even close. Well I was. On the other side. I completely hacked my way around the back nine to the tune of 53.

The day had so much promise...

Glad you were able to get out Klaymon. Sorry about the back 9

Sir Chokesalot........I like it, very catchy.:D

Wind can make for a tough opponent. Makes it tough to keep your balance and shot dispersion under control. I played in a 2-3 club wind yesterday Shot an 85. Today I played the same course in perfect weather and shot my low round of 2009, a 76. :clapp:

Glad to hear you were able to get out, even if the back 9 was a buzz-kill!

But you were playing. In early March! Good day no matter what!

But you were playing. In early March! Good day no matter what!

Yeah like Smalls said atleast you were playing. I was working. Looks like this weekend if going to be a perfect weekend for golf. :banana:

Sorry about the back nine blowup, that reminds me of playing with my boss a few months ago he shot a 2 under on the front nine on a very difficult course and I was saying he could easily break 80, his reply was "only if I can keep it together", and of course he blows up on the back nine. It was obvious to me that he was forcing shots on the back, going for the "hero" shots out of the trees and ending up in worse positions than he started. Going for par 5's in two that were unreachable and costing himself shots. On the ride home he was upset about it, I wanted to say to him that if he never knew what he shot on the front he probably would have easily broken 80 that day.

On the ride home he was upset about it, I wanted to say to him that if he never knew what he shot on the front he probably would have easily broken 80 that day.

That's why I don't add my score up 'til the end! I will have an idea of what I shot (I know if I am playing well or not) but if I know I need a score on the last hole or two to get a certain score, I'm probably not going to do it! I don't shoot enough pars and birdies to know exactly how my score looks!

I'm not sure what the problem was. I don't know if I got tired, mental, or what. The wind definitely played a factor in a couple of my blowups. I had a 7 on a par 3. The wind was at my back with a little right to left and gusting so it was hard to pick a club. I over-clubbed for the conditions and also hit a little draw (unintentionally) and ended up long and left in some real crap. After the ensuing hackfest to get my ball back onto the green, I 3-putted to finish the job.

I'm trying again tomorrow. :D

I'm not sure what the problem was. I don't know if I got tired, mental, or what. The wind definitely played a factor in a couple of my blowups. I had a 7 on a par 3. The wind was at my back with a little right to left and gusting so it was hard to pick a club. I over-clubbed for the conditions and also hit a little draw (unintentionally) and ended up long and left in some real crap. After the ensuing hackfest to get my ball back onto the green, I 3-putted to finish the job.

I'm trying again tomorrow. :D

Good luck. Get a birdie for me.

Back