What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice nine ddec!

Great back nine tad!

4 over today and was on fire so bad you couldnt put me out
if only my driver was working the way it used to

Met up with ThreeBoysDad today at a course on the southeast side of Houston that I had never played called Clear Creek...decent course with lots of blind shots, which got us in trouble....gotta love hitting a shot over a hill and getting up there and going "I didn't know that water was there...LOL" that happened more than once..LOL!
we played 18 holes and it took like 5 1/2 hours....the people 2 groups in front of us were holding everybody back!!...but that's beside the point.

I had never met ThreeBoysDad, but he is a great guy....we played with his son and Father in Law and had a great time.....None of us played very well...it was hard to get in a groove when you hit a ball....waiting 10 minutes, hit another ball...then waited on the tee box for 15 minutes....it sucked.

I hit some really good shots, and some really fugly shots....had a horrible day putting....the greens were very inconsistant....one was fast, next one was slow as hell.

Needless to say I wasnt burning up the world today....we did play match play and 1 won the last 2 holes and we halved the match..LOL

Had a great time playing with him and hope we can tee it up again sometime!

Oh, I had a crappy 94...man it's even tough to type that score out!

94. 45/49 in match play.

Our team lost 25-23 in the SCGA team play. We were eliminated in the sweet 16. Not bad considering it started with a 128 teams.

Today It was ugly on the back. I should have won my match. On the second to last hole I needed to get down in 3 from from about 20 yards. I chunked my first chip and then chipped again to about 6 ft. Then just missed the putt. I was then dormie with one to go. I ended up halving my match. Pared the last hole to win the hole. Which at least felt like a small victory.

47 43 today, hit irons good and tee balls decent, some short game whoas and a few poor putts but all in all i know im getting close to putting it all together

47 43 today, hit irons good and tee balls decent, some short game whoas and a few poor putts but all in all i know im getting close to putting it all together
also that 47 consisted of 2 8,s which was 7 over, so i was 5 over on the other 7 holes lol

The back 9 from hell!

Okay... so I'm not sure how many strokes I had today as we were playing a stableford game, but, it was the worst round I have played in the last two years.
To make matters worse, my handicap (social club) was 14 today and I still could only manage 27 points. 18 on the front and 9 on the back.

I had 4 wiped holes... all on the back.
I had 3 birdie opportunities all day and three putted for a bogey... on the back.

The biggest flaw in my game today was waking up and playing golf.

Absolutely terrible.

I shot a crappy 41 yesterday. Second round out on the course this year and it was just so inconsistent. Nothing was solid and I just had a lot of terrible shots.

81 in 45* weather and cold. Several mistakes that cost me including two doubles that never should have happened. Very easily could have been a round of 77 or better, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be today.....

Shot 71 today with 5 birdies.

A little closer to normal today...shot 43/44 for 87....not great, but honestly that should be about the average score for me...get the putter or the wedges hot and it can drop 4 or 5 strokes real easy...but mid to upper 80's is about where I should be right now.

Haven't added it up yet, but I am betting it is low 90's. My roller coaster continues. LOL. I am willing to say I shot 12 shots better on the back nine, than I did on the front nine. Easily. Once I made the turn, it was like a whole different golfer showed up. I must have left the one that was pull hooking drives, chunking wedges and burning putts, at the club house, and traded him in for the one that was launching drives, hitting crisp wedges and leaving putts short. I swear to God. I have never seen someone be TWO totally different golfers in one f***ing day. UGH! I JUST WANT TO PUT ONE FULL ROUND TOGETHER!

43-40 83. It should have been lower 39 freaking putts after 11 GIR. D

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

45/47=92 fairways 8 putts 34 GIR 3

2nd shots are killing me.

Only got 9 in before the rain drove me off the course. Not my best ball striking day, started off with a triple bogey( with a one putt) ouch. Added a few more bogeys and the rest were pars. Ended up with 42.

49-46 today, with 11/14 fairways hit, but only 4 GIRs. My putting was okay -- I kept running it 5-8 feet past the hole (faster greens than I'm used to), but sank 6 of 7 of the comebackers (the greens rolled true). Had 4 pars, but missed every GIR birdie attempt (3 of them became the ~6ft comebackers). Two triple-bogies, and no 8's, so I'm pretty happy. If I can just get my iron play a *little* better, I feel I can break 90 this year (only done once in my life, 10 years ago!).

Last edited:
43-40 83. It should have been lower 39 freaking putts after 11 GIR. D

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Ppt hat a lot of putts bro...sound like you need a new Odyssey putter!

I had a fairly brutal round today on one of the toughest courses I've played. I never realized how much a congested course ( the tee boxes and greens were right ontop of one another. I was teeing off and had someone in the group behind me play an iron shot 10 yards off the back of their green landing about 10 yards behind me) would effect me. There was very little distance between fairways as well - which actually was a positive because it helped me focus on correcting my straight fade issue with the driver that I've been struggling with.

It wracked my nerves and threw me off a bit. That said I was still able to manage 6 solid holes, a bird and 5 pars. The rest was bogie golf ... Or worse. Another issue was intimidation (which ended up being self induced) there were 6 par 4s over 460 yards - not fun uphill, which most were.

Well the brutal par 4s actually wouldnt have been to bad if not for the fact that we normally play from the white tees, apparently here the white tees were the back tees with the tournament tees directly behind them.

So overall a good learning day anyway, though I didn't like the congested course style as much as a more open course where it doesn't feel like 4 holes are right ontop of one another and having to wait constantly for people playing shots out of the fairway I'm playing.

Damn breeze.. that's alot of putts.

Ppt hat a lot of putts bro...sound like you need a new Odyssey putter!
Ya, that is a lot of putts guys, but I'm not too upset about it. I've been working really hard lately on my full swing to get it where I want it to be and I have been neglecting the short game a little bit because I feel like I can get that back quickly. They had cut the greens this morning and they were running much faster than even on friday, and putts were just breaking a lot more. I hit my line on every putt today and hit the putt with the speed I wanted to, I was just wrong....A LOT! All told I still had two good birdies, and should have had at least two more, but misread the putts.

But 11 GIR is good for me and now that I feel my swing is more grooved and where I want it to be, I can spend some more time on the greens.

45 today. Not that good. But 2 pars in my last 3 holes is cool by me. Just need to play a whole round like that.

89 on par 71 course. First time at this course and had way more water hazards than I'm used to. Lost 2 balls but had some great par saves with many putts dropping from 10-15 feet.

40 front/41 back (81). Driver **** the bed on 3 holes but the short game kept me decent.

Played 27 holes. Shot an 86 at a course unfamiliar to me. Then walked 9 at my home course and shot 42. My game is coming around real slow!

92 at Bridlewood. Windy out there, but that wasn't the problem. Terrible with the hybrids \ fairway metal. No birdies, only 4 pars. Only one major blowup, an 8 on a par 5.

DFW folks should know that the course is starting to lose it's greens again already. Very slow and bumpy.

Off to Woodbridge the weekend after Easter, maybe that will help me right the ship...it's a very fun course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back