JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Who here plays Bridgestone Balls? What kind are you playing? Results?

I played the e5+ for a while and I really liked them. Not sure why I switched, but I think I'm going back. They're relatively inexpensive and they have a urethane cover. They were the first ball I played that I could get to check up.

• Admin
And I believe they are a 2 piece ball. That is good to hear.

Correct. They're a bit of an unusual offering being a 2-piece with a urethane cover. You've got me thinking about picking up a box after work for my round tomorrow.

I can't say enough about the B330S balls... great spin, great feel, and the price is where it should be... right there with its competitors (TM TP balls, Callaway HX, Prov1/1x)

I've played a couple of the B330 offerings, the E5 and the E6.

I have high praise for all of them.

The E5 plays like a 3 piece, but carries like a 2 piece.

The E6 is their 'pricepoint' 3 piece (compare to the NXT Tour), and I enjoy playing them as well.

The B330's are just well made tour quality balls (to compare with the Pro V1's) and actually have a lot of proprietary technology in them, that won them a court case against Acushnet for patent infringement (Callaway did as well)

I play Bridgestone almost exclusively, mainly the E5+ ... but also the E6+ when I'm spraying the ball too much. I really like both. The Pro-V1 is a better ball overall, IMHO, but I'm too cheap (and lose too many balls) to play them regularly.

liked the B330S. tried a few packs recently. i usually play ProV1's, but have been experimenting a bit. i recently read though that why play really good balls up here in the rain forest(greens are rarely hard), so i've been going for slippery,distance balls. Titlest D2 Distance are my compromise choice of ball.

Yes, the 330s ball is what I'm playing at the moment. An excellent ball. Long off the tee & great around the green.

Always played the ProV1, but they are around the AUD $9 mark so I switched to the Bridgestone E5+ which are almost as good and half the price of the ProV.

e6 vs. e6+

e6 vs. e6+

I just found a 2 ball sample sleeve of Bridgestone e6 balls in my golf closet. I think I'm going to give 'em a go.

Anyone know what the difference between the e6 and e6+ is (if any)?

From Bridgestone just now:

e6 came out in 2006 and e6+ came out in 2008.
Softer cover for better feel around greens and a better core for more distance.

As I've said in an earlier post, I'm really looking forward to some pretty indepth research to find the ball that works for my game. Among the balls I expect to be right in the mix is the B330-rx based on the great review on this site and other media I've seen about these balls.

I have used the B330 and B330-s both and have found them very competitive with other tour caliber balls. I kinda like playing a different ball than the hordes of Pro V1 players out there, makes identifying my ball a bit easier during the round.

From Bridgestone just now:

e6 came out in 2006 and e6+ came out in 2008.
Softer cover for better feel around greens and a better core for more distance.

Thanks JB. I just didn't want to fall in love with a ball and then find out the new one was significantly different. Sounds like I'm in the clear.

i too am currently playing the e5+ ball. so far so good! i just started using them a couple weeks ago. i would play the RX's, but they are a tad too expensive. i love em though

Who here plays Bridgestone Balls? What kind are you playing? Results?

Playing the B330RX at the moment. Though I have plenty of E5+ and E7+'s laying around the house. When I was fitted by Bridgestone they suggested the B330-S due to my swing speed but I prefer the preformance of the RX around the greens and in my putting, not to concerned with loosing some yardage off of the tee.

Been using the B330 for a while now and the Bridgestone online fitting wizard also thinks i should be using them :D That was a coincidence of course. I just happen to find one of these balls on the course long ago and have since fell in love with them.

I have used a bridgestone ball for awhile now. The logo on the ball honestly gives me confidence before I hit it.

I play both the e6+ and RX 330. Both are great balls with the e6+ being a harder cover which for my swing speed travels just as far as the RX but does not have the spin around the greens. My experince is the e6 is a little straighter but it more difficult to control. If you want a straight flyer that keeps rolling the e6 is for you. The more target-centric you are the RX 330 is the way to go IMHO.

I have a couple of sleeves of the regular e5's left over from before they switched to the plus. I didnt notice much of a difference when they switched.

I have a couple of sleeves of the regular e5's left over from before they switched to the plus. I didnt notice much of a difference when they switched.

Yeah they seem to have a little more "checking" abillity but 99% won't notice much difference. Not that it's a bad thing, they are still awesome balls, especially for the price.

I've got the e5+,and a few scattered 330s, but I'm playing with the idea of picking up a sleeve of 330 rx's, which I haven't tried before, just out of curiosity. Seems like it wd be better for my swing speed than the other 330 balls I've played.

Well, the e6 passed the first test. It feels nice off the putter. I played around with it on my Boomerang and it is nice and soft, but solid. Not clicky and plastic like the TFs or Callaways.

Unfortunately, it's snowing again, so further testing has been delayed indefinitely.

I see a trip in your future to FL, Harry.

I see a trip in your future to FL, Harry.

I wish.

Nah, it's probably for the best right now anyway. I have no confidence in my game at the moment. I'm sticking to the driving range until I work a few things out.

Back