Weekend of March 7-8

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
We had our great days for golfing today and yesterday. We're supposed to have a rainy weekend (figures) and since I took off last week to golf I had to stay here THIS week! At least it will be nice enough that I can do some garage cleanup finally!

I've got garage cleanup coming real soon.. Supposed to be in the high 60's all weekend here w/ no rain.. just a lot of clouds. I'm putting a shed up tomorrow and then I'm probably gonna head out w/ a buddy on Sunday to lose some balls.

I might hit the outdoor range this weekend. It's supposed to be in the high 60's with a slight chance of rain tomorrow and down pour on Sunday. I want to see how my new clubs feel off the grass instead of the mats.

GG has to work tomorrow so that she can take Monday -Wednesday off because we will be in Doral.

Have a tournament tomorrow, but have been extremely sick the last two days. I will see how I feel in the morning and then decide whether I will play or not. If I don't play then I will veg out on the couch this weekend with medicine in hand.

It would be lovely to get to a range tomorrow.

FIL just had emergency hip replacement surgery, and family issues will consume Sunday.

Driving range is open!!! I just bought my 6 yr old daughter her own set with a bag and everything so as soon as I get off work today we're going to hit some balls. Unfortunately though the weather is going to turn back to junk and we're going to get rain/snow Saturday and Sunday.

Right now it's 49 degrees and sunny though so I'm getting out ASAP while I can.

Have a tournament tomorrow, but have been extremely sick the last two days. I will see how I feel in the morning and then decide whether I will play or not. If I don't play then I will veg out on the couch this weekend with medicine in hand.

Good luck with your illness....shake that bug and get out there and kick some tail on the golf course! GOOD LUCK!

Maybe the Range. It all depends but I'll probably go right before I leave for Florida.

Had big plans for playing a few times this weekend, then my Sunday group canceled and I got a nasty cut on the palm of my hand today at work, so might not be playing at all.

Those new clubs are going to leave you soon....hehe

Those new clubs are going to leave you soon....hehe

Yeah probably, but the cut is on my right palm right where it overlaps my left thumb in my grip. All ready tried gripping and swinging a club and I don't think I'll be able to play.

Good luck with your illness....shake that bug and get out there and kick some tail on the golf course! GOOD LUCK!

I am going to try and get better. I will be in bed early tonight after taking my antibiotics.

Just set up a tee time for Los Serranos Country Club. Went to the range today and just I was not feeling it. Hopefully I'll be able to be more relaxed on Sunday.

This weekend doesnt look too bad for me. There is still some snow on the ground but ill probably hit the range on saturday, and im taking a lesson on sunday, so im gunna be golfing. Temps in the mid 40's up to the 50s possibly looks like a heatwave:banana:

They are forecasting rain all weekend, so I wont be doing much outside. With 40 degree temps and rain though, that should be good for the golf courses around here, because it will wash away whatever ice and snow is left.
Ive got a date on Saturday night and Im pretty excited about it.
I might summerize my snowmobile if I feel ambitious.

Last edited:
I'm going out to the Farm. Leaving in about 5 minutes.

I plan to sit in the shop, drink iced tea and smoke cigars all night.

In the morning, I'm going to play some golf, then rebuild an axle, and toss something on the grill. Then I plan to sit in the shop, drink iced tea and smoke cigars all night.

Sunday, I'll sleep in. Putz around the shop a little, and then head home to do some yardwork.

In the morning, I'm going to play some golf, then rebuild an axle, and toss something on the grill. Then I plan to sit in the shop, drink iced tea and smoke cigars all night.

Sunday, I'll sleep in. Putz around the shop a little, and then head home to do some yardwork.

That sounds like an awesome weekend.

I'll be working, and since it's time to change the clocks I'll be getting up a 2 am Sunday morning instead of 3 am. Yeahhhhh me.

I'll be working, and since it's time to change the clocks I'll be getting up a 2 am Sunday morning instead of 3 am. Yeahhhhh me.

Lucky you! That's the part I always hate about springing forward.

Thats my kinda weekend! With the exception that Id be drinking Miller High Life instad of iced tea, of course. :D

This weekend, it's probably going to be a range session this morning, possibly 9 holes at a local executive course if not too crowded. Sunday will probably be relaxing at home watching movies with my fiance.

I'm gonna head out to the course in a couple hours and hopefully shoot a good score. Been sick this past week but I feel great now. Want to get some practice in before I hit up the course and maybe check out Golf Galaxy to add another club into my bag, maybe a hybrid or something, I need one more long club.

We have reviewed lots of hybrids DRJ, you can read most of them on the main site.

Have about an inch of the white stuff on the ground now and more is coming down.
No golf this weekend ( and our golfing season for handicap index started on the 1st of March, figure that one out ).
I'll stay home and catch up some quality time with the kids.

Back