What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
45/43 today. Played with the Mizuno JPX 800 pros and they felt great. Had not played with them for sometime. Used the DB4 SeeMore today and I am just not feeling it right now. I think it may be a little too long. Will be calling Seemore tomorrow to ask about the plumbers neck and length.

TapAhoy!

+6/+2
man i hit some horrendous shots that somehow found its way pretty close to the hole
it was an extremely strange round of terrible golf for a really low score lol

46/44 (90) today. I'm stuck right around 90, which I guess is OK since two weeks ago I was stuck at 95-99.

On a good note, Jacqui shot 96 with birdies on #1 and #9.

92 at Bridlewood. Windy out there, but that wasn't the problem. Terrible with the hybrids \ fairway metal. No birdies, only 4 pars. Only one major blowup, an 8 on a par 5.

DFW folks should know that the course is starting to lose it's greens again already. Very slow and bumpy.

Off to Woodbridge the weekend after Easter, maybe that will help me right the ship...it's a very fun course.

I was there Friday and your right the greens are not the great for a course like that. Shot 87

46/44 (90) today. I'm stuck right around 90, which I guess is OK since two weeks ago I was stuck at 95-99.

On a good note, Jacqui shot 96 with birdies on #1 and #9.
Can't ask for the world in a day Smalls, you are playing really consistanly right now and thats a good sign.

Met up with ThreeBoysDad today at a course on the southeast side of Houston that I had never played called Clear Creek...decent course with lots of blind shots, which got us in trouble....gotta love hitting a shot over a hill and getting up there and going "I didn't know that water was there...LOL" that happened more than once..LOL!
we played 18 holes and it took like 5 1/2 hours....the people 2 groups in front of us were holding everybody back!!...but that's beside the point.

I had never met ThreeBoysDad, but he is a great guy....we played with his son and Father in Law and had a great time.....None of us played very well...it was hard to get in a groove when you hit a ball....waiting 10 minutes, hit another ball...then waited on the tee box for 15 minutes....it sucked.

I hit some really good shots, and some really fugly shots....had a horrible day putting....the greens were very inconsistant....one was fast, next one was slow as hell.

Needless to say I wasnt burning up the world today....we did play match play and 1 won the last 2 holes and we halved the match..LOL

Had a great time playing with him and hope we can tee it up again sometime!

Oh, I had a crappy 94...man it's even tough to type that score out!

It was great to get out with TripleB yesterday. Neither one of us play great, but with a new course, slow play and having to adjust to the greens each hole, made for a bad scoring round. I blew the last to holes to let him back in:angry:. We did have a great time and that makes three weeks in a row that I have met THP' ers, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston and it is a blast playing these guy's. Just a great bunch people to be around.

Can't ask for the world in a day Smalls, you are playing really consistanly right now and thats a good sign.
That's true breeze, but I want to get back to shooting in the mid 80s like I was last summer. Been doing a lot of work, and the results so far are encouraging.

Shot 5 under in a scramble, 6 birdies, 1 eagle and 3 bogeys...hit the ball pretty well, especially irons

41-40. It's coming around. Still shaking off the Winter rust. Hit a couple/three terrible tee shots.

Kevin

Dual 44's for a 88. My short game is a mess, and I just haven't had the time lately to get out and practice it. I hit 5 fairways, 5 greens, and had 36 putts. My putting wasn't nearly that bad, my shortgame is just so bad right now that I was always hitting my first putt from outside 20 feet. I had one 1 putt, one 3 putts, and the rest were two putts.

76 in my first Golfweek Am Tour tournament. I managed to win the A flight somehow. Pretty proud of how I grinded that score out behind a poor driving day.

Lots of work still to do though. My driving was terrible and had a double bogey on a par 3 that was all caused by a nuked 4 iron, that caused some serious landscaping to be done in some tall grass that left me short sided and more impactful, embarrased as hell.

76 in my first Golfweek Am Tour tournament. I managed to win the A flight somehow. Pretty proud of how I grinded that score out behind a poor driving day.

Lots of work still to do though. My driving was terrible and had a double bogey on a par 3 that was all caused by a nuked 4 iron, that caused some serious landscaping to be done in some tall grass that left me short sided and more impactful, embarrased as hell.

congrats on the win!

I shot a 77 yesterday.... lol par 60! Still bested the last time out by 5 strokes. I feel like things are getting much better each time out.

I shot a 77 yesterday.... lol par 60! Still bested the last time out by 5 strokes. I feel like things are getting much better each time out.

Thats good shooting man, well done. Glad you're finding success after your lessons & with all the new gear.

Nice win man! Get that driving fixed up and you'll be breaking par in no time.

You rock Tmex, this is fact! Keep it up buddy.

Thats good shooting man, well done. Glad you're finding success after your lessons & with all the new gear.

Nice win man! Get that driving fixed up and you'll be breaking par in no time.

You rock Tmex, this is fact! Keep it up buddy.

Thanks guys! It wasnt bad at all. Score doesnt reflect what I was happy with and I know it probabyl didnt look great to my playing partners haha. my putter kept me out of a lot of double's and I figured out my iron swing on the back. Driver was horrid! I'm just buying time till that J40 comes in.

All4s and yoccos good job guys. Cograts in the win A4.
Keep swinging yoccos and the scores will come

Played 9 holes on Friday and shot 43. I was happy with the round, with the exception of one par 3 that I took a 6 on. For some reason, just couldn't get out of a bunker. That was frustrating, but still beats working!

Shot an 84 on Saturday. Too many penatly strokes(5) and lip-outs(4). The RBZ 3w might be finding a new home.

Played yesteday at Fair Oaks in Oakland, Tn ( just east of Memphis). Went into 12 one over, after 12 - 4 over. Nice layup in front of pond, then chunked it in the pond, got on the green and 3 putted:at-wits-end:. Parred in for a 76! Still best of the year! The new Taylormade R11 irons are doing good for the most part. Sometimes my head gets in the way!

jholl2277-nice way to hit spring with your best score so far. 3 putts are the most nerve wracking way to drop strokes. I feel ya.

38 (9 holes)

its been ridiculously windy here
+6/+6
i hit some great shots today in the howling wind
got really lucky with club selection all day but for some reason i didnt get as lucky with scoring as i did yesterday

Played the front nine at my club - 35.7/139

Take it for what you will, but the best damn 44 I've ever shot. Two holes (double and triple) sunk my score, but I played as well as I ever have today. Really happy with it. Made some putts that counted, hit 5/7 fairways. Only 2 greens, but just missed a couple as well. A big bounce-back for me. Took away a couple lessons on recovering from bad spots that I hope to use next time I'm in trouble.

Played the front nine at my club - 35.7/139

Take it for what you will, but the best damn 44 I've ever shot. Two holes (double and triple) sunk my score, but I played as well as I ever have today. Really happy with it. Made some putts that counted, hit 5/7 fairways. Only 2 greens, but just missed a couple as well. A big bounce-back for me. Took away a couple lessons on recovering from bad spots that I hope to use next time I'm in trouble.

Sweet dude! That could have so easily been a 39/40 for you. What length was this 9 holes buddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back