Brand Loyalty Survey

5 for me

Choice #4 for me, I try a small number of options and always compare with the current club. The small number of options is more because of unavailability. Being a lefty and preferring heavy shafts that have to be one inch longer limits my choices. Most fitting carts just don't offer me many different things to try. Most of my stuff now is TM but I would change in a heartbeat if I found something better for me.

#6 for me. If I'm looking for new clubs, I'll stick with either Callaway or Titleist. If I hear good things about another manufacturer, I'll take a look but usually find my way back to my favorites.

I'm a 2. now to go find out what it means.

I would say I'm a 3. Although my bag doesn't show it. I guess now I can include Adams in my short list of testers :).

I'm #2 for sure. Cool survey!

A good amount of results...I'm gonna wait a few days, then I'll post the tally and my thoughts before and after. Cheers!

I wish I were a #1, but in honesty I'm definitely a #4.

I'm starting to get self conscious with it too. I picked up a new hybrid yesterday and after fitting got a club that was completely off my radar. Same thing happened with my 3W and Driver. My buddy called me an "Anti-brand ho".

#3. I hit all the big names and anything else I hear good things about and choose from there. Right now I have TM, titleist, ping, and mizuno in my bag.

I'd say that in the past 2 years I try to be a #2, however I have been gifted or OEM'd a few of my clubs without ever testing one out.

Results:

1 -111111
2 -1111111111111
3 -11111111
4 -111111111111
5 -1111111111111
6 -11
7 -

Interesting to me note: Options 2,4,6 were the real options, with 1 and 7 being unrealistic extremes, and 3 and 5 being the option for people who can't commit.
My observation: Very few people admit to being brand loyal (more 5s and 6s than I'd thought though).
My hypothesis going in was that there would be a lot of 2s, 3s and 4s because this is a popular forum that has a lot of testing and review threads, so it makes sense that most people here are here because they want help making choices, which you generally don't do if you are very brand loyal.
My follow-up hypothesis would be that this survey on this forum would get substantially more 2-4 votes than a survey of the general golfing population because people in general do not like change, and this subset population would be more likely to be willing to change than the general population.

My mistake: I think #1 would need to have it added to it '..., or have all your golf equipment gifted to you without your input.'

When buying something new,:
1 - You insist on trying every available brand in the category before making a decision, or you get fit and play whatever brand the fitter recommends.
2 - You try many options and choose the best
3 - You try many options, but include your previous brand in the 'final decision'
4 - You try a small number of different options, and then choose the best between them and your current brand
5 - You try a small number of different options, and will only change if a new one is significantly better upon testing
6 - Only if you hear a lot of good things about a different brand will you try it, and will only change if significantly better upon testing
7 - You play your current brand and would never consider any others when making a purchase

I think this was a pretty cool experiment. I forgot about it until just now. Thanks for posting back the results!

I'm a 5 or 6. Leaning more towards a 5.

Back