What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titleist nxt tour I really like this ball and play it all the time

I used to only play the Bridgestone e6 but I recently tried the Taylormade Penta and loved it. I felt like I was getting more yardage off the tee as well as more spin on the greens.

Played three different balls yesterday:

01 Srixon Tri-speed. It looked new and I was keeping it for a water hole, but I thought I would give it a try. Great feel so what is a low-cost ball. Felt like ideal to me.

02 Bridgestone e6 yellow. Great distance, felt all right, very easy to find. Is there a brighter yellow ball at this price?

03 Nike Tour. Overall, an excellent ball for me. Does everything well and I like the feel.

My package of used Pentas, yellow e6 and Nike 20XI X & S balls arrived yesterday. I love the Pentas and I thought I would try the Nikes.

Thank you for that!!!! Definitely will be paying attention for your feedback around the greens with the TP5.

I play the iZ right and I'll be having to make the switch for the MC. Agreed with everything you said. Loved how much straighter it was off the tee for me vs the other balls too. Do you think the hex black is a bit softer than you're used too?

Now, that you mentioned it,Yes the new black is softer.More noticeable with the putter.

Well, i played three balls today.The Tp5,the hex black and this new maxfli u4x. I must say the Maxflli ball impressed me.Yoccos, For me I prefer the Tp5 for my mid irons over the hex black.Driver,both seemed equal maybe the edge goes to the penta.Short irons i'd stick with the Penta over the black.Short shots around the green,both played similar maybe a touch more roll out on the black.I did hit a few shots side by side with the IZ and the black,mid irons 5-6,short irons 8-9 and a few wedge shots-I hate to say it,but the IZ wins.The black doesn't have enough spin on the mid irons for me.noticeable difference.Penta seems close in terms of mid iron spin as to the IZ.

If i can't play the IZ,the penta would be my choice,but I don't feel the penta can beat the Prov1x.that ball is just good for me,but I wont pay 47.99 for a dozen.

Now, onto this new Maxfli ball,Wow! This ball seems to have good distance off the driver and checks very well with full and short shots.I gave a ball to my playing partner who'd I say has a better short game then me,can really make this ball dance on the greens.

I have a 2 balls of the U4 which is the higher spinning ball,If anyone wants them,just pay for S&H and they are yours.

Played the Callaway Diablo Tour - wasn't happy with it at all - I wasn't worried about the distance, I just didn't have any feel with it around the greens. Midway through the back 9 switched to an old Titleist I found in my bag. I'm starting to think the only thing Callaway has going for them is the price.
Try the regular Diablo. I really like that ball.

I played the Callaway Hex Black again today. Once again, I think this is the ball for me.

I played the top flight gamer v2 last weekend and really liked the ball. I picked up 2 dozen a little bit ago from woot for $20. The ball got really dirty really quick though?

Give it a lil tappy tappy

Got out to the course today and realized I had none of my pentas in the bag so I played some new rocketballz balls. I still like the distance and fight they offer. They hold their line well. My criticism of them is they wear quickly. Especially the paint. The logo is completely gone after a few holes which I don't experience with the penta.

Nike 20XI, didnt like it at all, felt kinda heavy and sounded "clinky", seemed shorter than the Penta and Chrome Id been playing

Nike 20XI, didnt like it at all, felt kinda heavy and sounded "clinky", seemed shorter than the Penta and Chrome Id been playing

Hmm i found it to be the longest. It is a bit clicky off the irons tho lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I played a Maxfli U4x on Sunday. I must say, it is a very nice ball. It reminds me of the old TM TP Reds. I will be picking up a dozen of them the next time Im over by DSG.

Hmm i found it to be the longest. It is a bit clicky off the irons tho lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Ditto. Was much longer than the penta. Not a fan of the 5 piece balls anymore.

Played a Srixon Z-Star the other day...I really love the XV but cant stand the normal model

Hello from Germany,

I have been looking for a long time for good balls just like the ProV1 or the Penta TP but for a lower Price. And I have found them. The FLAKE PRO Ball is just as good as the ProV1 and the Penta from TaylorMade. This Balls have been produced by some German guys and they have already made it into some very important magazines here in Germany. I think that they also have been on the World PGA Show 2012.
Well I am not doing any publicity for them but I think that the Balls will also be avaible in the USA soon.
http://www.flakegolf.com/?force=1

Sorryy for my bad Englisch :D

I played the Gamer V.2 and the ball had great distance and nice feel around the greens for the price.

Callaway Hex Tour Black!! Longer than my Pro V1-x (that I still have in the bag), better feel and spin on the green!! And the tree monkey's seem to kick them back into the fairway!!

Played the 2012 B330-RX for 9 holes today, then switched to the B330-RXS. I played the RX most of last year, but thinking the RXS is where it's at for me right now. Really liking this one.

I'm playing the TP penta and love it. Found them for $45 a dozen at tgw and it was buy 2 get 1 free. So 3 dozen for $90. Great deal.

played 9 with Qstars. normally play an e6. indifferent so far but im going to play 18 tomorrow and alternate Qstar and e6 ever other hole.
based off nine today the Qstar seems to play a tad shorter. feels good putting.

I've been playing Wilson Staff Duo's. Great inexpensive ball. I bought some of the Wilson Staff 50elites also. Early impressions are good but still early to tell. I'm pulling for them. At about $12/doz they are great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I played my round today with the Bridgestone B330-RX. It was the first time I've used a Bridgestone and I loved it. Looks like i found my new ball

Tapa Slice

I played my round today with the Bridgestone B330-RX. It was the first time I've used a Bridgestone and I loved it. Looks like i found my new ball

Tapa Slice

I love that ball. Played a practice round today and had multiple 2011 B330-RX's in play. Very durable and straight with plenty of stopping power around the greens. Looking forward to getting the 2012 version in play.

As long as the 2011s are available and the weather isn't ideal in Cleveland I'll keep gaming them. Once the weather breaks and courses take summer form, ill make the switch to the 2012s. Plus the $12 difference isn't bad

Tapa Slice

a bunch of nike tour one d's or something... not good... short and spinny

I played the Srixon SL today at the nw get together and this is my new ball. Long, straight and held the firm greens at Chambers bay nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back