2012 NFL Draft Thread

I like Barron a ton!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

just read this thread and realized how boring draft day is gonna be for us Saints fans.

Here is some info I got from a guy that is with the Cowboys org. and has been spot on in the past. He said they still want DeCastro but think he'll be off the board by 14, so they are preparing for Kirkpatrick. Also, if Richardsosn fell to 14 they would consider taking him because Felix's contract is up at the end of the year. They are also considering trading their orig. 4th and 5th round picks to move up and get another pick in the 2nd round. Depending on what happens with the 14th pick, they want Brandon Boykin (GA) who they are high on.

Again, could mean nothing but interested to see what JB gets from his contacts.

There is so much BS flying around this draft. Happens every year but it is still funny to read and hear the nonsense coming out of these so - called experts on the draft. No way that Tannehill is anything but a project. A very long shot at best. RG3 is the second coming of Roger Staubach if you want my opinion, minus the military duty, same excellent ability and character combined with high intelligence. Who cares what a player's test score is - can he run and hit and can he be coached to be where he needs to be, that is all that matters. It is after all football not rocket science. Like Barkley says he may not have a masters degree but he has guys who have one working for him.

Interesting. What analysis brought you to this conclusion?

Here is some info I got from a guy that is with the Cowboys org. and has been spot on in the past. He said they still want DeCastro but think he'll be off the board by 14, so they are preparing for Kirkpatrick. Also, if Richardsosn fell to 14 they would consider taking him because Felix's contract is up at the end of the year. They are also considering trading their orig. 4th and 5th round picks to move up and get another pick in the 2nd round. Depending on what happens with the 14th pick, they want Brandon Boykin (GA) who they are high on.

Again, could mean nothing but interested to see what JB gets from his contacts.

I dont think DeCastro is going to be there...and Barron is a real risk in my opinion, I have seen alot of talk about Coples lately....and no way Richardson falls that far

I like them, too.

And at least they aren't being stupid and giving the Jags Coples or Rief like some. Ingram makes more since if Blackmon is gone, and I'm not sure they'd take Blackmon if he was there. I would be quite happy with Ingram in Rd1 and a receiver in Rd2. There's some decent WR depth this year and not a lot of separation between Blackmon/Floyd and some of the others (who might actually be better).

I was really high on Blackmon during the season. Then I saw some wide angle footage and he did not get the separation I thought I saw when wAtching tv. Not sure he is a bust. Not loving him as a top five pick anymore.

KMac,
I have a ton of Dallas info for you that I will get together this weekend after watching some tape.

KMac,
I have a ton of Dallas info for you that I will get together this weekend after watching some tape.

Yeah!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

KMac,

Not sure where I was but I missed all these last few post here, looking forward to it JB. Just dont say trade down, I hate the trade down.

This is interesting for Carolina:
"@MelKiperESPN I wouldn't be surprised at all if South Carolina CB Stephone Gilmore heard his name called earlier than expected. Carolina at #9 needs a CB."

I guess that means he would get drafted above Kirkpatrick from Alabama.

Kmac, in terms of the trade down....I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Dolphins traded down to the back half of the first round, picked up an extra second round pick in the process, and drafted Weeden with their "new" first round pick. I'd also like that strategy.

Not sure where I was but I missed all these last few post here, looking forward to it JB. Just dont say trade down, I hate the trade down.

Still have 2 more guys to watch tape on and then I will put up some stuff on Dallas. Interesting thoughts from those around though.

Gilmore at #9? I guess I'd be ok with that. Somehow those Gamecock DB's pan out pretty good in the NFL.

"@MelKiperESPN I wouldn't be surprised at all if South Carolina CB Stephone Gilmore heard his name called earlier than expected. Carolina at #9 needs a CB."

Kmac, in terms of the trade down....I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Dolphins traded down to the back half of the first round, picked up an extra second round pick in the process, and drafted Weeden with their "new" first round pick. I'd also like that strategy.

I think for teams that have lots of needs and pick early its a great option to help rebuild. Id rather Dallas find an impact player with their pick though.

I think for teams that have lots of needs and pick early its a great option to help rebuild. Id rather Dallas find an impact player with their pick though.

Now that I can understand.

Going back a few posts, some 4-3 defense is going to get a 10-year starter at MLB in Kuechly. There's a part of me that kind of wants him to go to Miami at #8 if they don't go QB and then kick Dansby to one of the outside LBs in their new 4-3 scheme, but I doubt it happens. From everything I'm reading, if Miami stays at #8, it's either QB or pass rusher.

god I hope that happens, just means more good players get pushed down further into the draft

Now that I can understand.

Going back a few posts, some 4-3 defense is going to get a 10-year starter at MLB in Kuechly. There's a part of me that kind of wants him to go to Miami at #8 if they don't go QB and then kick Dansby to one of the outside LBs in their new 4-3 scheme, but I doubt it happens. From everything I'm reading, if Miami stays at #8, it's either QB or pass rusher.

I agree with you about Kuechly. I think that guy is going to be very very good.

god I hope that happens, just means more good players get pushed down further into the draft

You don't think highly of Gilmore?

I agree with you about Kuechly. I think that guy is going to be very very good.

The Panthers have had him in Charlotte twice now post combine.

Not in the top 10....unless there is a match of best player and need player I hate when teams draft on need when there are better players available, especially in the Top 12. But that's just me

You don't think highly of Gilmore?

The Panthers have had him in Charlotte twice now post combine.

Back