TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

Fitting van is coming tomorrow to my club. Been playing the rbz 3 wood stiff for three full rounds. When I strike it good it flies like bazooka. However, it is not as forgiving ss I would like. I am hoping the van has all the shafts options and in multiple lengths!! Interested to see how the tour head compares in numbers.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I've been using my Rocketballz 3 wood off the tee a fair bit recently due to a lack of accuracy with my Superfast 2 driver.

Up until about 3 weeks ago I had a Superfast 2 3 wood which I always hit well but would often end up a good 25-30 yards shorter than a well hit driver shot - my driver typically goes around 260-270 yards.

Well that was until I tried a mates RBZ 3 wood and found out that it quite literally does launch of the tee. Very little difference in distance now between a well hit driver and a well hit 3 wood for me, but the added accuracy I get from the RBZ 3 wood is a huge plus for me. The RBZ 3 wood has probably given me another 20-25 yards off the tee.

I ended up buying one straight away, and am now considering leaving the Driver out of the bag altogether!

Last edited:
I have the RBZ 3W in my bag after playing the 910F for the past year. I have to say the hype is real over the length and playability of the club.
I truly have a club that I can hit or low and move it both direction. Mid-hits still work out as well. I hit a low heal fade the other day they didn't penalize me one bit.
If it wasn't for the beast of hybrid I currently carry I may have entertained the RBZ hybrid.

Has anyone hit the 5 wood? I love the 3wood I hit it about 270 just wondering if anyone has hit the 5 wood..

Thanks

Has anyone hit the 5 wood? I love the 3wood I hit it about 270 just wondering if anyone has hit the 5 wood..

Thanks

I have the 5w and prefer it to the three. It's so easy to hit. I hit it around 220 with a nice high flight. I went with the non tour for the shaft since it would launch higher and hold greens a little better IMO

Umm, after watching Louis rocket this thing on #13 all 4 days it did make me kind of want to try one again.

Umm, after watching Louis rocket this thing on #13 all 4 days it did make me kind of want to try one again.

Me too. Although if he hit it better on 10 I may have bagged it sooner

I crushed the RBZ 3W Saturday at the range.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Hmm, I'm such a sucker for TM woods sometimes.

I reckon you'd like the RBZ a lot dude. It doesn't go left on me at all.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I reckon you'd like the RBZ a lot dude. It doesn't go left on me at all.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Off the tee or off the turf dude? Where does it shine for you?

Off the tee or off the turf dude? Where does it shine for you?

Off the tee it was long and straight while I struggled keeping the mashie from going left. I had three different times during my range session that I hit both. Each time I hit the RBZ better. I did hit the RBZ off the turf too. Not as easy as the mashie but I was able to hit it just fine.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Gracias Kmac! Now I want a Rocketballz again. Wtc?

Yeah he sure was smoking that thing....its actually pretty amazing to see how many non Taylormade sponsored players have these in their bags.

Yeah he sure was smoking that thing....its actually pretty amazing to see how many non Taylormade sponsored players have these in their bags.

I agree dude. It's mind bottling. And it says something. A lot of these fwy metals are in bags out there.

I think I want the RBZ in the bag as well. Pair it with the Iliama and it could be even beastlier

I agree dude. It's mind bottling. And it says something. A lot of these fwy metals are in bags out there.

Yeah, that's when it really says something to me....when I guy is being paid to play something else but goes out and gets another club to play.....to me that speaks very loudly.

I am leaning really hard towards the RBZ 3 - wood and one of the hybrids.

I think the stock shaft is pretty good to be honest. It's no wet noodle at all.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I think the stock shaft is pretty good to be honest. It's no wet noodle at all.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Is your noodle stiff or regular?

Is your noodle stiff or regular?

I went with the regular as the stiff was very stout feeling to me.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I went with the regular as the stiff was very stout feeling to me.

Beast mode from tapatalk

That is what I am looking at, the regular flex. I need to get one on the monitor and see how it cooks.

Kmac how high is the ball flight with this?

I am leaning really hard towards the RBZ 3 - wood and one of the hybrids.

Dude, you should. You seem to be striping the irons.

Back