The Ultimate Masters Contest W/ TaylorMade Golf & THP

I still have nightmares about it.

On another note anybody think when Crane, Mahan and Fowler joined Bubba on the green "those are the 4 worst dress guys in the entire field"?
Im sure the members loved seeing Rickie come out there in a tee shirt, neon green/yellow flat brimmed backwards hat to congratulate Bubba.

Im sure the members loved seeing Rickie come out there in a tee shirt, neon green/yellow flat brimmed backwards hat to congratulate Bubba.

haha didn't even think about that. I bet Augusta staff/members cringe when he walks on the course.

I can't believe I missed you man. I swear the look on your face was priceless!

I was just thinking about those guys on the 10th green after Bubba won, how great is that? That to me tells a lot about Bubba when some of his buddies will wait around that long and follow him along in the playoff like that. While they were very um, colorful it was really neat to watch.

I thought it was pretty neat to see all his friends come out too, even with the said colorful attire and Slow Play Ben. Now that Earl is gone I dont think anyone comes out for Tiger when he wins. I guess his caddie will be happy to finally get some $$$

I still have nightmares about it.

On another note anybody think when Crane, Mahan and Fowler joined Bubba on the green "those are the 4 worst dress guys in the entire field"?

Ha. I didn't really think about their threads at that point, but did think it was cool that they congratulated Bubba like family almost.

I can't believe I missed you man. I swear the look on your face was priceless!

I was just thinking about those guys on the 10th green after Bubba won, how great is that? That to me tells a lot about Bubba when some of his buddies will wait around that long and follow him along in the playoff like that. While they were very um, colorful it was really neat to watch.

I thought it was pretty neat to see all his friends come out too, even with the said colorful attire and Slow Play Ben. Now that Earl is gone I dont think anyone comes out for Tiger when he wins. I guess his caddie will be happy to finally get some $$$

I thought those players coming out to congratulate Bubba was absolutely incredible. I cannot recall ever seeing that happen at a PGA Tour event. I think it really shows how liked Bubba is by the tour players.

So let me ask everyone this: Has anyone's view changed about Bubba since he won the Masters? I know there are some that have been vocal about not liking his personality on the golf course and how he seems to stay in his little world. So now watching him win like he did and seeing his post round press conference, has your views changed or are they still the same?

So let me ask everyone this: Has anyone's view changed about Bubba since he won the Masters? I know there are some that have been vocal about not liking his personality on the golf course and how he seems to stay in his little world. So now watching him win like he did and seeing his post round press conference, has your views changed or are they still the same?

I liked him before and now I like him ever more. The guy is just a dude. He doesnt worry about being PC. He wants to win. Period. I love it. With that said, I am sure he isnt for everyone.

Coupled with the Faherty show, yes. I thought he seemed like a prick but now I have a new sort of respect for him after the Masters win.

I used to get quite annoyed by his antics on the course (and especially after that horrendous press conference last year after his Euro Tour stop), but the way he showed his emotions after his win, plus his words to the press afterwards (and the Feherty show), really did turn me around on Bubba.

lost in all the hubub-bubba-baloo, is that louie choked really hard on 10.

bubba hit a great shot, and made par. Louie for all intents and purposes should have been able to par that hole and send the thing to 11. For a guy who was draining big putts all day, his tee shot on 10 was horrible and his chip shot 3rd was nearly just as bad.

I was watching this and didn't even notice the guy that got hit in the head! Never heard anything from CBS about it. Guess nothing stands in the way of Masters drama.....nothing.

I was watching this and didn't even notice the guy that got hit in the head! Never heard anything from CBS about it. Guess nothing stands in the way of Masters drama.....nothing.
I saw it when I watched the tournament last night on DVR, never another word was spoken about it. I had forgotten it until you posted just now. Anyone know anything about the guy who stumbled a couple of steps and hit the ground?

Ouch that look like it hurt. Wonder if he died?

OH yea! I was aggravated by this, thought they should at least say, 'hey that dude was ok'.

Wow, so two guys got hit during the Masters? OWWWWWW....

I've been a fan of Bubba since he first came out Tour. He used to have his own clothing line and I picked up a couple shirts a long time ago. The clothing line has since went away but I've still got a Bubba Golf T-shirt. Anyway I've tried to look past most of his on course attitude problems because he has openly talked about how he needs to improve and while the improvement isn't always there for the most part I think he tries and genuinely dislikes acting that way. He is so funny on twitter and just an overall funny/quirky guy. I honestly didn't think he could muster his emotions and win this thing, I'm really glad he did.

I've been a fan of Bubba since he first came out Tour. He used to have his own clothing line and I picked up a couple shirts a long time ago. The clothing line has since went away but I've still got a Bubba Golf T-shirt. Anyway I've tried to look past most of his on course attitude problems because he has openly talked about how he needs to improve and while the improvement isn't always there for the most part I think he tries and genuinely dislikes acting that way. He is so funny on twitter and just an overall funny/quirky guy. I honestly didn't think he could muster his emotions and win this thing, I'm really glad he did.

Wasnt that the clothing line with him openly saying "You should not spend too much money on golf apparel"?

Wasnt that the clothing line with him openly saying "You should not spend too much money on golf apparel"?
Haha, yeah kinda funny how he's involved with Travis Mathew a company that jacks you $80 for a friggin shirt! Yep, I picked up his cheap shirts from a store called Steve and Barry's (I think) for like $20. They weren't the best quality, but heck I just thought it was cool.

Haha, yeah kinda funny how he's involved with Travis Mathew a company that jacks you $80 for a friggin shirt! Yep, I picked up his cheap shirts from a store called Steve and Barry's (I think) for like $20. They weren't the best quality, but heck I just thought it was cool.

The irony there is pretty funny.

I don't take much stock in how a golfer acts after he wins. Look at Woods, gracious and human after his last win..... then just had Eye of the Tiger playing in his samsung galaxy player all weekend, determined to be the king of all turds.

Look at how Rory acted this weekend. All class and much more telling than when a player wins.

That was so great to watch. Bubba can be a real turd, but I'll be damned if he isn't one of the more enjoyable guys to watch hit a golf ball. The wedge may be one of the best shots ever right there. Definitely up there with Phil's shot in terms of drama and pure awesomeness.

I have to give it to Bubba over Phil for degree of difficulty. Both were great golf shots but a 40yd hook under playoff pressure, gawd!

I agree. The fact that he did it with a wedge compares it to a 100yd hook with a driver, that aint easy!!

I have to give it to Bubba over Phil for degree of difficulty. Both were great golf shots but a 40yd hook under playoff pressure, gawd!

I agree. The fact that he did it with a wedge compares it to a 100yd hook with a driver, that aint easy!!

For the situation and the fact it was a wedge from pine straw, it may be the best shot I have ever seen.

For the situation and the fact it was a wedge from pine straw, it may be the best shot I have ever seen.

Agree that was one clutch shot. Even for someone who like he said is good at hitting a hook it was still a pressure shot that pulled off quite amazingly.

Back