Bubba Watson's $500,000 watch

I like Bubba and I watched the Feherty interview. What struck me is that Bubba plays golf really well, but he's got some major personality quirks that get in the way of him relating to people in general. He's EXTREMELY focused and also NOT FOCUSED all at the same time. He has trouble with noise and crowds, doesn't like the distractions of interacting with fans, yet is distracted enough in his own thoughts that his caddie has to tell him it's time to concentrate on the tournament you're playing now, and not on other stuff. I just think there's a lot of noise going on inside Bubba's head all the time, and he can be misunderstood for that reason. But he sure is entertaining.

And regarding the watch, I don't wear them at all so I have a hard time relating. But Feherty asked him about the watch initially, Bubba didn't bring it up.

With Bubba buying the General Lee and half a million dollar watches and everything else, we can all now say that it just isn't his swing thats a little off.

Now, to be fair, Richard Mille also gave Rafa Nadal a similar watch to wear while he was playing in majors ... unfortunately I don't think he ever won one wearing it.

...but yeah, Bubba doesn't seem like much of a Bubba at all.

I bet he didn't buy it. It is a product placement thing I'd assume. I could be wrong, but I don't see this as any different as any of the other people mentioned earlier in this thread. Even if he did - it's his money. Do what you want.

Bubba needs to sell this and help Tigers 1/2 siblings.

I knew I liked Christina Kim...she feisty!

Now, to be fair, Richard Mille also gave Rafa Nadal a similar watch to wear while he was playing in majors ... unfortunately I don't think he ever won one wearing it.

...but yeah, Bubba doesn't seem like much of a Bubba at all.

He owns an original model General Lee..........seriously!

He owns an original model General Lee..........seriously!

Seriously. I think he's far more complex than the simple persona he plays up to the media. Owning a $150,000 General Lee kinda fits that, no?

Don't get me wrong, dude should spend his money as he sees fit. I'm just pointing out the incongruity.

Seriously. I think he's far more complex than the simple persona he plays up to the media. Owning a $150,000 General Lee kinda fits that, no?

Don't get me wrong, dude should spend his money as he sees fit. I'm just pointing out the incongruity.

haha I know where you are coming from man, no worries. I wasn't going against your statement, just like how he plays up the stereotype from time to time.

For example:

golf-boys-bubba-watsons-watch-2-620x336.jpg

I see Bubba and I always think he's less complex, not more. He doesn't strike me as having the most going on in the upstairs department.

Kevin

I like Bubba. He sort of reminds me of me in terms of the distraction thing. I would buy a $500K watch if I had the money.

Man that's pretty crazy.

It takes all I can do to spend more than 30 bucks on a watch. Casio baby!

It takes all I can do to spend more than 30 bucks on a watch. Casio baby!

True story, watches are addicting to me for some dumb reason and I don't wear one. I have 5 or 6 really nice ones stuck away for special occasions, lol.

I am never surprised by what a guy named "Bubba" will do.

1. I think the watch looks cool. I wouldn't mind having a replica of that for up to $1000.

2. That was last years model. They had a new model out for him last month, so he must have been wearing that for the Masters. The RM055.
WatchPick_RM+055+Bubba+Watson_front.jpg

3. Edited: I was wrong regarding the Mickelson incident.

Last edited:
after yesterday's victory he can now buy 2 more of them :alien:

I like watches a lot, plus the rare and limited edition watches like this hold value, or increase in value well over time.
I'd spend 5k on a watch at the moment quite happily ( not that I wouldn't insure it :) ) , and if I earned 10x as much I'd probably spend 50k + on one.
Some might buy a 2nd car, or go on 2 expensive holidays a year, some buy a watch. Each to his own, I'd get longer term enjoyment from the watch.
He's an ambassador for Richard Mille though, so he didn't buy it I'm sure.

Back