Getting back into golf

Atticus

CMSgt of THP
Reaction score
Well getting back into golf seems so hard after about a 2 year break without even touching a club. Between deployments, moving, and have kids I think i'm back to the point a can start playing again. I tell ya a golf club feels weird in my hands lol.

Well getting back into golf seems so hard after about a 2 year break without even touching a club. Between deployments, moving, and have kids I think i'm back to the point a can start playing again. I tell ya a golf club feels weird in my hands lol.

Hopefully it all comes back rather quickly for you. :D

Hey Atticus, good to see you again.

Welcome back. It is kind of like falling off, err I mean riding a bicycle. It will come back to you fairly quickly, at least it did for me. The good news is that you will be working with a semi-clean slate. Therefore it will be easier to correct any problem areas you might have had or to try something new, since you won't be fighting muscle memory.

Thanks Smalls its good to be back... I honestly missed you guys. I hope it comes back fairly quickly but im not rushing it.

Thanks Smalls its good to be back... I honestly missed you guys. I hope it comes back fairly quickly but im not rushing it.
Have you been playing Links? I play it every so often but not as much as I'd like to.

Glad you came back to us man! It's like riding a bike- it'll come back!

Welcome back...it takes awhile to get used to it, but it's worth it!

Welcome back, thank you for your service, and are we talking the Links golf PC game? Didn't they stop making that a few years ago?

~Rock

Welcome back to THP

Welcome back, thank you for your service, and are we talking the Links golf PC game? Didn't they stop making that a few years ago?

~Rock

Yea Links PC game it worked on my 32 bit Vista system but when I upgraded to 64 Win 7 it just crashes everytime. It's an awesome game and I wish it would work or they would make a PC golf sim again

Wow, yea, I haven't played that in a long long time. I can remember playing a very old Links game, probably back around 1996 or so. I remember thinking the whole 3-click swing system was just the greatest invention ever. It also only had one course, Torrey Pines. I haven't tried many old games since I updated to Win7 64 bit. I assume you've tried changing the compatibility setting?

~Rock

welcome back to the game. im nearly in the same boat as you. we had our first child so my game took a back seat and this is really the first year where i can dedicate some serious time and money into my game. its a great feeling

LINKS! Now that was a great game. The new Tiger Woods online thing is - ok. But I don't like the fact that there is more content that requires a $ubscription than there is that is free to play. We used to have little Links tournaments when I was in a unit that deployed a lot.

It's good to be back to a point where I can start playing more. I didn't take a "total" break from the game but played just enough to keep my bad habits.

I cant get it to run on my new computer. It has Win 7 64bit and it crashes everytime I try to play.
I have it on my XP box. I need to load it onto my Windows 7 box.

Wow, yea, I haven't played that in a long long time. I can remember playing a very old Links game, probably back around 1996 or so. I remember thinking the whole 3-click swing system was just the greatest invention ever. It also only had one course, Torrey Pines. I haven't tried many old games since I updated to Win7 64 bit. I assume you've tried changing the compatibility setting?

~Rock

I read a lot of stuff online that was supposed to make it work but none did. I may try again though its a great game.

Back