Hunter Mahan Wins with new PING Nome Putter

There was a scottish golf show in Edinburgh today and Ping attended. Didn't expect to see a nome but they had a standard length one there :) Really understated putter at address, not to fussy like the Syndey model they do. Really like it on the short putters where I struggle lining up my blade putter. UK price RRP is £200 according to ping but expect it to be £150ish as manufacture RRPs are never the same as store prices. Ball felt perfect off the face, not to firm and not to soft. If looking for a mallet would really recommend it.

I surely do lol

You kidding right! Kmac will have this putter in his bag, quicker than a fox can raid a hen house :bulgy-eyes:

This putter is so far up my alley, like it was designed for me. I will own one later this year.

Hunter was not a bad putter per say, but has put on some absolute clinics recently.

And nothing holds money like a Ping. Consider it an investment.

Now you're making it easy. Just like the i20 irons.

I knew a garden gnome once. Any relation?

Not a single store in San Antonio has one. Might have to plan a trip to visit the family on Austin.

Spent some quality time with the Nome, not the garden variety, a few days ago. I sure do like everything about this putter except I cant make shat with it. I rolled it for a good 15 minutes trying to figure it out but I just couldnt make anything. Grab a Manta and it I cant miss. I guess my Nome pondering is over.

Spent some quality time with the Nome, not the garden variety, a few days ago. I sure do like everything about this putter except I cant make shat with it. I rolled it for a good 15 minutes trying to figure it out but I just couldnt make anything. Grab a Manta and it I cant miss. I guess my Nome pondering is over.
I hear ya Kmac, I dont roll it too well either. Im guessing it needs to be paired with a flat brimmed hat to make it work right.

Bummer kmac. Maybe it would just look good in your collection?

I didnt even think about the flat brim hat. Might grab one next time and wear it while I putt.

Not a $249 dude.

I hear ya Kmac. I rec I didn't like the nome much after I tried it. The Manta looks hot though.

I hear ya Kmac. I rec I didn't like the nome much after I tried it. The Manta looks hot though.

The Manta is badass. The Yanger rolls it. Game over.

Putted like garbage yesterday....

But its vital to get the flat brim hat. I tried the Nome without it, no bueno amigo.

But its vital to get the flat brim hat. I tried the Nome without it, no bueno amigo.

and it has to be a Ping Flat Brim. Those Nike and Puma flat brim hats just won't cut it either

and it has to be a Ping Flat Brim. Those Nike and Puma flat brim hats just won't cut it either

Good point and true. Wow this thing is like a woman with all these stipulations to make it work right... LOL

Any particular color? Gotta get it right.

I do need a back up....Nome, Pickemup, 2 ball proto, custom...heck I'd spring for a Scotty, roll that Sonoma really well. Benefit of having Father's Day and my birthday so close is I can get a bigger gift :D

Any particular color? Gotta get it right.

I do need a back up....Nome, Pickemup, 2 ball proto, custom...heck I'd spring for a Scotty, roll that Sonoma really well. Benefit of having Father's Day and my birthday so close is I can get a bigger gift :D

just needs to be a Ping flat brim. I have the Pickmeup and love it. One of my favorites.

just needs to be a Ping flat brim. I have the Pickmeup and love it. One of my favorites.

Yeah, keep coming back that one. Not sure why I haven't grabbed it.

Nome may be no better, but I was looking for something milled for when the greens get super fast around here.

Just rolled the Nome yet again because its really the only putter out right now that interest me that I dont already have. Drained everything 10' and in this time. I wondered if around my 3rd or 4th time rolling it if this would happen. Its such a distinctly different feel then my Manta but in a good way.

Back