Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Our Tour Rep asked that our orders be in by Tuesday :alien:

The timing of my order has already been discussed and cleared with the Tour Rep. No worries over here.

They all have launch monitors with them, so you should be good to go there. If you get me some numbers from the standard setup (try multiple lofts), I should be able to statically fit you pretty well.

Thanks for that, I probably will send you some numbers on Thursday.

It was just a joke. I'm glad you can demo and get fit before ordering.

That's good to hear. Makes me even more excited about putting my hands on mine. I'm also hoping some dudes got to hit the 588 CB irons?
We had 588 CB and MB 6i there. I was so busy in the morning I am not sure who hit what, but I'm sure some did hit them. They are so pretty in hand.

I know I'm late to the party, but congrats on getting your order in, TC. I really think that's going to be an option that you can wail away on, plus the weight is right where you like it. Can't wait to see how it treats you.

I know I'm late to the party, but congrats on getting your order in, TC. I really think that's going to be an option that you can wail away on, plus the weight is right where you like it. Can't wait to see how it treats you.

Thanks dude!

TC that driver is going to be a bomber! Lefty stuff rules!

How's the ordering going fellas? :)

Hawk what did you go with? I must have missed it while trying to keep pace from the phone over the weekend

I went stock 10.5 with the 43S. I want that big old dinner plate face in the bag asap. Order them up, dudes!

The place I went to Saturday for some range time last year had all of Clevelands clubs for demo, so naturally I was hoping to get outdoor range love with the Classic. But they had no Classics and I was very disappointed.

Ary is waiting until Thursday. He has an opportunity to get fit, which is awesome. I think SW has ordered the Black and I'm not sure about the other Cleveland staffers. Well, JB is getting the 12* w/ miya blue I think.

I went stock 10.5 with the 43S. I want that big old dinner plate face in the bag asap. Order them up, dudes!

Very nice sir! There is a big demo day in my area this weekend, unfortunately I have to go to Rochester for a wedding. I'm hoping to go in the morning and have maybe 2 hours of demo time though. Hoping to hit this again. The Cleveland Rep there last time was a phenomenal. We talked mashies, miyazaki, and srixon gear. He even gave me a Mashie hat and nerfny a Cleveland hat because we stopped by both days to talk to him. Hoping the same guy is there.

Ary is waiting until Thursday. He has an opportunity to get fit, which is awesome. I think SW has ordered the Black and I'm not sure about the other Cleveland staffers. Well, JB is getting the 12* w/ miya blue I think.

Im ordered.
I went with the 12* Classic 290.
I went with the Kusala Blue

It was time for Team THP to go back to their routes
and show some fools a display.
We spun our wheels on tech advice
But the Black and Blue is here to stay!

FYI - I will be taking some swings with that high lofted monster.

FYI - I will be taking some swings with that high lofted monster.

last time I took a swing with JB's Classic driver I hit a snap hook that would put Bubba Watson to shame

VERY nice order, JB! Can't wait to hear feedback on the higher loft and the Blue shaft.

I tested the 290 9* 43s C.Kua...I think that was the shaft but man I loved it..I'm on the hunt for one now. It didn't give me +17 yards but consistency went up and the look is just sweet!

Black and Blue is what Hackerettes and Paradisians will be after that weekend in July.

I like that you didn't even bother giving TP a feminine nickname. It's just common knowledge at this point.

I was finally able to hit the Classic this weekend. It's a lock! I just have a few last minute shaft ponderings to figure out and I should be set to place my order later today I hope.
My tour rep is currently working some magic for me.

I have a Cleveland demo day coming up this weekend. Unfortunately, it's too late for the drivers...but I'm very excited to get some good info on the Mashie FW and the Mashie hybrids, as well as everything else! I'm also really excited to show off my staff bag for the first time! (and 588 wedges) (and NC Gambler) (and my Morgan Cup 2.0 status) lol

We were lucky enough to have a Cleveland Demo day associated with our NW outing which was just amazing. Tomahawk walks up to me and says try this and hands me a Classic driver with the 49g stiff flex. My first thought was this shaft is going to be too light and too soft to work for me. Five bombs down the middle of the driving range later and I thought "well I like that!" I was able to hit his 9* during my first round and hit it so well. I hit the 10.5* in stiff, and I was hitting some high bombs that did not seem to lose much into the wind (and it was plenty windy). So I am serious ponder mode now!

I have a feeling this driver will blow up on here once the THP Demo Day rolls around. It's just that good. Perhaps we could see it in as many bags as we saw the original Mashie?

I have a feeling this driver will blow up on here once the THP Demo Day rolls around. It's just that good. Perhaps we could see it in as many bags as we saw the original Mashie?

I don't know if we will ever see that kind of flood again TBH, but you never know.

I was very impressed! I went in thinking I wasn't going to be a big fan, but boy was I wrong! This thing is long and forgiving. I hit one off the toe that was bombed and just in the first cut on the right. I hit another one on #8, that had a BIG wind at my back, but that I GPSed and lasered at just over 370! And the best part is I have Oregon Golfer as my witness! haha

Back