Blues in 5
Canucks in 6
Chicago in 6
Nashville in 6
Ottawa in 7
Boston in 4
Panthers in 6
Penguins in 5

I hate you too..haha. I love when people pick against the Devils, for real.

Rangers - 6
Boston - 4
Devils - 5
Penguins - 7

Vancouver - 7
STL - 5
Hawks - 5
Preds - 7

Goodness - is it Wednesday yet?? I can't wait.

I dont see any of Crosbys comments as childish or anything. People asked him questions, and he answered them respectfully.

Man, surprising how many people think Florida is actually a decent hockey team..

I wonder if they set a record for 18 loser points this year.. 3 seed with 38 wins seems.. Awkward.

Man, surprising how many people think Florida is actually a decent hockey team..

I wonder if they set a record for 18 loser points this year.. 3 seed with 38 wins seems.. Awkward.

I love it. I love being the underdog. The Devils are better on the road anyway. Plus everyone loves picking an upset even though they are the higher seed...with 10 less wins than the Devils.

My buddy out in San Francisco said the St. Louis Blues were the best team he has seen his Sharks play all season. All the more reason for a big let down. I don't know why, but I have a bad vibe about playing San Jose in the first round.

I love it. I love being the underdog. The Devils are better on the road anyway. Plus everyone loves picking an upset even though they are the higher seed...with 10 less wins than the Devils.

I expect Flordia to win one of the first two games in the series. The Devils will take an off night and the Panthers will shock them. I then expect for all that playoff experience to rear it's head and crush them pretty quick. Even if Kovie lays an egg the Devils have enough to get it done on the score board. IMO anyways.
The Panthers aren't bad and I expect them to be a playoff team next year but a number of those guys need some playoff seasoning IMO before they can run at it. I also expect Campbell is be constantly nailed by every Devil forward who can get within 10 feet of him and I don't think it's going to go well for him over a series with teams picking him out.

I expect Flordia to win one of the first two games in the series. The Devils will take an off night and the Panthers will shock them. I then expect for all that playoff experience to rear it's head and crush them pretty quick. Even if Kovie lays an egg the Devils have enough to get it done on the score board. IMO anyways.
The Panthers aren't bad and I expect them to be a playoff team next year but a number of those guys need some playoff seasoning IMO before they can run at it. I also expect Campbell is be constantly nailed by every Devil forward who can get within 10 feet of him and I don't think it's going to go well for him over a series with teams picking him out.

With 6 days off for both teams I expect game one to be a stinker and I think Florida will win just because the emotion from the fans will help them. Then I fully expect the Devils to win the next 4. They just have too much depth.

My buddy out in San Francisco said the St. Louis Blues were the best team he has seen his Sharks play all season. All the more reason for a big let down. I don't know why, but I have a bad vibe about playing San Jose in the first round.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Blues swept them to be honest. The Sharks window with this current team was as long as any in recent memory and they simply couldn't get it done. A little more heart and they could have had a Detroit or New Jerseyesque grasp on the past 4 years or so. Marleau might be one of my favorite players ever but if he hasn't got it done by now, I don't expect him to and Thorton just shuts off in the play offs.
The only way SJ walks out of this series is if Niemi steals the series from Halak/Elliot.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Blues swept them to be honest. The Sharks window with this current team was as long as any in recent memory and they simply couldn't get it done. A little more heart and they could have had a Detroit or New Jerseyesque grasp on the past 4 years or so. Marleau might be one of my favorite players ever but if he hasn't got it done by now, I don't expect him to and Thorton just shuts off in the play offs.
The only way SJ walks out of this series is if Niemi steals the series from Halak/Elliot.

I think that's why I am worried. They are always a huge letdown in the playoffs, at least, for the last 6 or 7 years and this will probably be the year they put it all together. LOL. To be honest, I don't want to play anyone in the West. All the playoff teams are solid out West.

..with less wins than the 9th place team in the East haha!

I think that's why I am worried. They are always a huge letdown in the playoffs, at least, for the last 6 or 7 years and this will probably be the year they put it all together. LOL. To be honest, I don't want to play anyone in the West. All the playoff teams are solid out West.

I'm not saying the Sharks aren't dangerous. However if STL gets up on them 2-0, they'll implode.
I think as a STL fan while this series can't be taken lightly, if they make it through it's round 2 and a potential matchup with the Det/Nash winner.

I'm not saying the Sharks aren't dangerous. However if STL gets up on them 2-0, they'll implode.
I think as a STL fan while this series can't be taken lightly, if they make it through it's round 2 and a potential matchup with the Det/Nash winner.

I think we split the season series with both teams, if I remember right. We started off the season 3 games to 0 versus Detroit, I do know that. St. Louis/Nashville is always a dog fight. It's developing into quite the little rivalry.

iaminurphila.jpg

Phoenix only got in as a 3 seed with 97 points, I think the division winners should get in, but not as a top seed.

Phoenix only got in as a 3 seed with 97 points, I think the division winners should get in, but not as a top seed.

It's definitely flawed.. The southeast has long been considered a joke of a division, just as a division like the Central has 4 of 5 teams sitting at over 100 points this year.

Kind of crazy.

I then expect for all that playoff experience to rear it's head and crush them pretty quick.

a number of those guys need some playoff seasoning IMO before they can run at it.

.Florida has 742 games worth of playoff experience on their roster, 9th among the teams that made it this year. NJ has 882 and that difference is small, really. Heck, I think Florida has it more evenly spread than NJ.

http://www.litterboxcats.com/2012/4...lorida-2012-nhl-stanley-cup-devils-new-jersey

There's some interesting info there - the Rags have the least experience on their roster.

Now, I do think the Devils will win it in 5 or 6, simply because they're better. But I don't think experience will be much of a factor. As for the latter part in your post, this is a placeholder for Florida's future. They won't win anything with this core. The guys that need seasoning and the guys that will turn them into a contender are in the minors or juniors. This current squad, bar Gudbrandson and a few more, will not be a part of a future Cup run...and if they are, they won't be playing much of a role on it.

Can you really call a team that had 10 more wins than the other team an underdog?

So - I'm going to be in Philadelphia on Sunday and Monday. Thinking about going to the game on Sunday...in Philly...as a Penguins fan. Oh, how fun that would be.

So - I'm going to be in Philadelphia on Sunday and Monday. Thinking about going to the game on Sunday...in Philly...as a Penguins fan. Oh, how fun that would be.

If you're up 2-0, don't wear your jersey there lol. If you don't head back until Tuesday we should get some drinks man

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back